Lime Green Question

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
I have seen posts with people very happy that they have gotten lime green accessories to carry to the park. Then I noticed they are selling them on this site also. What is the deal with the lime green color?? Is it significant. Some one was thrilled they were able to get lime green bandanas at Wal-Mart. I am so out of it on this one.

Lime green is the "official" color of the Dis!:D You're supposed to wear it in the parks so you can meet Disser's!:cool2:

We picked up a couple of the lime green disney paint samples (shaped like Mickey's head) at home depot. We cut them out, laminated them and attached them to our fanny packs.
We met a couple of fellow Dis-ers that way and we only spent one day at WDW. It was a lot of fun to be so far away from home and run into someone we already 'knew' from the boards.

I bought a lime green lightweight baseball-type cap at Target for $2.99

I thought it might help keep the sun off my nose and maybe meet some Dis'ers too. Not sure if we're supposed to point at each and giggle or what. Anyone have the correct etiquite when meeting a fellow lime green wearing Dis Boarder???

You folks are lucky. I wear a DIS button on my Passholder lanyard and haven't ever met anyone! But I am going to look for Tyler in Luggage Assistance at Pop in August. Hope he's not too busy to say 'Hi'.

Originally posted by ceecee
Neat idea...how did you attach them to your fanny packs.

Punched a hole in the top of his head (POOR MIckey)
:eek:

Then we hooked him onto a loop on the fanny pack with a key chain.

I have to admit we did see one Dis family that we did not approach and talk to - I saw the lime green ribbons and started to head that way when dd age 16 grabbed my arm and pulled me the opposite direction. She was only interested in getting to the TT line - no time for socializing :rolleyes:

Hi ALL!
I too wondered how to break the ice when you see the lime green symbol of the Disboards?
What if you are in line at an WDW attraction and the person two ahead of you has lime green or a Official Disboards item on?
How about chatting quietly and repeatedly with increased volume,
dis, Dis, DIs, DIS, DIS, DIS, DISboards!!!!!!!!
and then what about an official Disboard hand shake?
"ENJOY!!!"

"THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!"
:jester: :jester: :jester:

After I posted this thread I went to the Tip Board and they too had one on the same subject. I guess we just need to be sure so the little HOme Depot Mickey Paint tags would probably be the surest bet. I mean as someone already said, lime green is one of the colors that is "in" this season and therefore it will be a lot harder to spot these people. If some one goes to the trouble to get a paint swatch and then wear it then it is unmistakable as to the reason because I do not see anyone who did ont know the significance even thinking of something like that. I will only go for the sure thing.

I went to my Home Depot after reading this and got 4 green Mickey heads and I will paste them together and laminate them to attach to my fanny pack! What a great idea this is! Thanks Az Pirates!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter