Lime Green.. is this the thing of the past?

*Fantasia*

<font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c
Is wearing the lime green is the thing of the past? For those who has been here for some years now.. Do you remember about wearing or having some kind of lime green on you to show that you are from the DISboard so you can easily spot them to meet them at the parks or even at the resorts? I think there are few people who are going to be around the time we're going to be there.. and it would be nice if they come up to me or I come up to them and just introduce each other. :) How do you spot your fellow DIS, especially knowing that they will be there around the same time you are? Or people nowadays don't care about meeting other DIS members?

From what I understand, if you walk up to someone just because they are wearing lime green and ask if they are on the Dis, they may think you are nuts.

The way to recognize people WAS the Lime Green Mickey Head (LGMH). This was an "alien green" paint chip available at Home Depot. This line of paint had paint chips in the shape of Mickey's head. People would tie them to their bags, strollers, etc.

Last I heard on the TPAS board, Home Depot had stopped stocking these paint chips. People were discussing how to make their own on the computer.

I still have 4 unused lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot's paint department. I guess I better take real good care of them! I also have them on my WDW luggage tags from 2009 and one on our backpack we carry into the parks. We've met a few other disboarder's this way. :thumbsup2

Home Depot must have finally gotten tired of people like me who picked up 8 at a time. :rolleyes1

I seldom stop when I see the LGMH anymore. While I got many nice responses from people, I also got more than a few not so nice responses. The way I figure it is if you tie a LGMH onto your backpack, you should probably expect strangers to come up to you and chat!!! So, why be nasty when someone does just that??? Yep, had that experience more than once. So now? I just keep to myself.

Over in the Fort we have lime green mickey lanterns or lightposts that we put up outside our RV's to denote Disboarders. Some people also put up a little lime green mickey sign with their board name by their camper / campsite. Ive met some very nice people walking up the campsite and asking who they are on the boards.

Clint

I had my LGMH on my backpack and only had one person asked me about it. It was not the LGMH that cought her attention but becuse she was a fellow Canadian and the maple leaf I put on it. When I explained to her about the DIS and the LGMH's she told me she was on the Dis boards all the time and never heard about the LGMHs.

This year I plan to add the Dis Boards logo to my Mickey head and I'll pin one on my hat with all my other Disney pins.

I'll have my LGMH (that I made myself) on my backpack. If anyone wants to say hi, I promise I'll be friendly! :wave2:

I had a LGMH on my tote bag in May, and lost it somewhere almost right away!
And I guess I'm always too distracted to watch for other DIS board folks.
I did have 2 people notice my tag last September, though, and that was fun.

I made one last year for when i went and threw it on my bag but then I never cared to bring my bag to any park the entire trip

I don't sport a LGMH, but green is my favorite color and my Baggalini is lime green.

I still have 4 unused lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot's paint department. I guess I better take real good care of them! I also have them on my WDW luggage tags from 2009 and one on our backpack we carry into the parks. We've met a few other disboarder's this way. :thumbsup2

Home Depot must have finally gotten tired of people like me who picked up 8 at a time. :rolleyes1

I bet my Home Depot would have wished that I only picked up 8 at a time!!!!

I made my own also . They are huge and have my Dis user name on them and nobody said " Hi " to us either on this trip. We did however end up answering the red phones in the UK and a fellow Diser was behind us on his cell. It was really funny , a story for the person who says " HI:wave2: " to us in October. We are very friendly and would love to meet other Disers, when are going ? If we are there at the same time I will keep an eye out.

Twice I have someone stop me and asked if I was on the Dis. The first time I had on my Dis tshirt and the second time I had a lime green button with DIS written on it (Meriwether made it for me).

It was nice having a chat with fellow dis members.

Is wearing the lime green is the thing of the past? For those who has been here for some years now.. Do you remember about wearing or having some kind of lime green on you to show that you are from the DISboard so you can easily spot them to meet them at the parks or even at the resorts? I think there are few people who are going to be around the time we're going to be there.. and it would be nice if they come up to me or I come up to them and just introduce each other. :) How do you spot your fellow DIS, especially knowing that they will be there around the same time you are? Or people nowadays don't care about meeting other DIS members?

Yes, I remember wearing the lime green clothing or having something on you that was lime green. The LGMHs came later when someone discovered them at Home Depot. I know I got some one year, but no one ever came up to me. I also remember being on the AOL Disney boards before the Disboards, and I think we wore purple back then if I remember correctly. I tied a purple ribbon to my backpack or waist pack but that was back in the '90s.

I seldom stop when I see the LGMH anymore. While I got many nice responses from people, I also got more than a few not so nice responses. The way I figure it is if you tie a LGMH onto your backpack, you should probably expect strangers to come up to you and chat!!! So, why be nasty when someone does just that??? Yep, had that experience more than once. So now? I just keep to myself.

Sorry that happended to you. I have had many nice DISers say hi to me because of my LGMH. We talked briefly and enjoyed it. Not sure why someone would bother having a LGMH, if they didn't want to say hi. :confused3

I bet my Home Depot would have wished that I only picked up 8 at a time!!!!
Hahaha! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter