Like the Phoenix, out of the ashes arises THE NEWEST WL FAQ! (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be appropriate for some of us to post our family pictures with the box as a memorial tribute?

We stayed at the Villas in December and searching for the box was really one of the highpoints of our vacation.

I don't post often but still enjoyed the thread. So very sad to see that one person can be filled with such negativity. I hope when we go back in July I don't have a room next to theirs. We might make to much noise or displace a rock or something!

So can we post our pictures in memory? or hold off to as not show the location?

Let me think about that one for a few ok? If I do say we should, the only thing I will insist on is the pictures get put on my website. Either way, if there is going to be a new box, then it will be hidden somewhere else. I dunno yet. Still in shock from yesterday's events.

Fred

Originally posted by snowball
Would it be appropriate for some of us to post our family pictures with the box as a memorial tribute?

We stayed at the Villas in December and searching for the box was really one of the highpoints of our vacation.

I don't post often but still enjoyed the thread. So very sad to see that one person can be filled with such negativity. I hope when we go back in July I don't have a room next to theirs. We might make to much noise or displace a rock or something!

So can we post our pictures in memory? or hold off to as not show the location?

I really think we need to step back in to reality here.

I'm just as big a fan of WL as the next person. I have frequented this thread and gained valuable information from many a helpful poster.

People were being called evil when all they did was post their opinion of the whole box situation. They were called trolls and people whose only mission in life was to ruin the fun.

I didn't see any of that. What I saw was an open exchange on a public message board. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This IS America.

The perceived nastiness by the "trolls" was met with just as much nastiness from some people in this thread. They were told to stay away, be silent, be ashamed of themselves.

All over a box. Come on.

Let's worry about our health, happiness, our jobs, our children...

The WL thread should be open to anyone, no matter what views they have.

BTW, I'm not saying the box wasn't special to a lot of people. It is obvious that it was.

I have a lot of pictures, momentos, etc. that mean a lot to me, also.

The whole issue of attacking someone just because they dared express an opinion is what bothered me.

I was going to reply to this but decided to stop myself. I want to forget it all happened. There's no need to drag that horrible debate into this thread.

Fred

Originally posted by floridafam
BTW, I'm not saying the box wasn't special to a lot of people. It is obvious that it was.

I have a lot of pictures, momentos, etc. that mean a lot to me, also.

The whole issue of attacking someone just because they dared express an opinion is what bothered me.

Originally posted by floridafam
I agree.

I just keep seeing it brought up and I don't want this thread to go the debate direction either.

:D
Hello, FELLO DISers...and wonderful, helpful WL lovers! :wave: I don't want to see you go ANYWHERE~!

pewing
~Thanks for rubbing the ole' bears nose! I LOVE Humphrey...one of the most vivid reminders of our stay at the WL. :goodvibes:

MAGICinMYHEART, floridafam, Majestic, msteddom & Queen KIMMAR...:wave2: ~You are all FABULOUS...and help SO many with infinite wisdom and assistance. May you always be here on the RESORTS THREAD, to help myself and others with any questions regarding the MAGICAL Wilderness Lodge. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :grouphug:

TTFN...DF99

How does one become a WL vet? Seems like everyone asks this guy Majestic if they qualify as a vet. I think he has like 3 WL trips under his belt. :confused:

What's up with the box? I don't understand the purpose or the reason why WL Vets are crying over it.:confused: What is the bond? Is it a secret bond? Did you get permission from Disney to do this?

Thanks in advance.

pewing,
Welcome back, glad you had a great trip can't wait to read about the details...:wave:
Humm.... a room overlooking the courtyard and pool....You do have alot to share with us.

Just popping over here from the our Sigma Delta Sorority - Swan/Dolphin thread - to send my support and best wishes to you all. We, too, have a great friendship going on our S/D thread, too. So, I can understand how you feel. Keep thinking the good WL thoughts, Majestic! :hyper:

Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
pewing,
Welcome back, glad you had a great trip can't wait to read about the details...:wave:
Humm.... a room overlooking the courtyard and pool....You do have alot to share with us.

I will try to post a little at a time...so much 'real life' stuff to tend to after spending a week in the World :crazy:

Yes...at check in I only asked for bunk beds then I did remind them of DS's b-day ;) . The CM said that we did get the bunks, but didn't say anything about it being an upgrade, but when I saw it...I was certain it was (we just booked standard view).

We spent our first night at the Dolphin (free night on Starwood points :teeth: ) and so we grabbed a taxi over to WL at like 8:30 on our check-in day. The said we could stow our luggage and call for our room number. We came back by the desk about 4:00 to pick up my son's birthday cookie bouquet (that was awesome!!) and his cards that we had sent earlier. The wonderful CM at the desk informed us that they had already been taken to our room.

We were in room #4113 right off of the lobby overlooking the courtyard and the stream that runs to the falls. We could see the pool and even the geyser from our balcony. I do have some pictures. After DH get them on the computer (from the camera) I will get them to Majestic! At any rate...the room was wonderful! In the evenings after we tucked the boys in...DH and I would sit on the balcony and go over 'plans' for the next day of magic...while listening to the water (LOVE that sound!!). In the morning...I would watch the wonderful birds circling around the rooftops and even spied a rabbit on two mornings! What a way to start a day!

We did not get in the pool...although it looked fabulous (and it was upper 70's and lower 80's). Just so much to do :crazy: We did enjoy our last meal at WC before we left Thursday night. We actually watched Wishes for a second time (WOW!! Is that not a fabulous fireworks show?!?!) and then took once last boatride back for dinner. We couldn't even bear (tee hee) to look back as we drove away :(

More later...Thanks for all the well wishes and PD princess:

P.S.... We did get towel animals!! First day was a rabbit...Second was mouse...and the last day we returned to find all our Disney Beanies riding in a canoe pirate: Yeah!

Originally posted by Mouseteacher
Just popping over here from the our Sigma Delta Sorority - Swan/Dolphin thread - to send my support and best wishes to you all. We, too, have a great friendship going on our S/D thread, too. So, I can understand how you feel. Keep thinking the good WL thoughts, Majestic! :hyper:
"DITTO"

DF99 :wave2:

ME, too! We identify ourselves a lot with your group because there is nothing like a close knit group of Disney friends who understand that old Walt Magic!::yes:: Have a great Valentines Day and HELLO to the LODGE...

kimmar, ratpack, corky805, majestic, fl cat, and all the rest! LONG LIVE THE FAQ FRIENDS threads!

Hi Fred,

Can't believe that some people could be so cruel....we didn't have time to look for the box this past September but were looking forward to checking it out the next time we went.

Hoping to go in September...already bought plane tickets...I guess I should call and make reservations before the visa special starts Sunday. Hate the fact that the special is only offered if you charge it!

Michelle

I am going to keep my cool today...I promise!!

Edge - WL Vet is a title bestowed by the Tag Fairy..Majestic ( as far as I know ) nor any of us have control over who is dubbed.

pewing,
Sounds like a Great Start so glad you where upgraded...can't wait to hear the rest of your trip. :bounce:

Mouseteacher, dreamflight99, & Disbug You Sigma Delta Sorority Sister's are too sweet. Hope your Big Sorority Meet this summer is wounderful. If I could I would come down just to meet ya'll.

Originally posted by The Edge
How does one become a WL vet? Seems like everyone asks this guy Majestic if they qualify as a vet. I think he has like 3 WL trips under his belt. :confused:

What's up with the box? I don't understand the purpose or the reason why WL Vets are crying over it.:confused: What is the bond? Is it a secret bond? Did you get permission from Disney to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Edge,
To become a WL Vet, you have to have stayed at the WL. And most of us here, if not all, will agree that the WL is the ONLY place we really care to stay when we visit WDW. We just really have a passion for this resort. I am sorry no one answered your question sooner.

We'd all have a Hollerin' Good time in the Whispering Canyon Cafe! Anyone up for a STICK-PONY race, or game of PONY-TAG? Think of the RUCKUS we would cause if we all UNITED...DIS~FAMILY STYLE! :rotfl:

It's comforting to know we have you "friends", just around the corner...on this thread. :grouphug:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter