"Like Father" movie on Netflix, on Harmony of the Seas and Western Caribbean?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by mevelandry, Dec 3, 2018.

1. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

Hi!

I have watched a Netflix movie called "Like Father" with Kristen Bell, Kelsey Grammer and Seth Rogen...

While it wasn't the greatest movie of all time... It was certainly the best informercial for Royal Caribbean and cruising!

I was wondering if some of you had an idea where they went in Jamaica and where the zipline they have shown from another port was?

Also, a cruise departing from NYC going to Jamaica???

Anyway. Made me wanna book a cruise on a bigger ship (like Oasis and Harmony).

Overall, with what I have seen from the movie and the research I'm doing on the Mariner of the Seas which we are going to sail on in 2019, I think the ships look absolutely amazing.

2. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure the Jamaica scenes were shot at the Blue Hole and the ziplining was Labadee

mevelandry and hdrolfe like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. hdrolfe

hdrolfe DIS Veteran

Yes exactly. That was the original Labadee zipline too I think, I believe they have a new one where you fly like superman (which looks like more fun to me).

And that was when Harmony was "new" so it wasn't a regular route. They don't normally cruise to Jamaica from New York. I think Symphony did something similar when it started? Perhaps they will again with their next new ship.

They do have New York cruises that go to the Caribbean but they tend to be on older ships on a regular schedule.

mevelandry likes this.
  5. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

We did the mariner s while back and greatly enjoyed her. Fun ship!

mevelandry likes this.
  6. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Was there last week, they were flying both sitting and superman, I suppose you get a choice, which would be easy with it having multiple lines.

hdrolfe likes this.
  7. John VN

John VN DIS Cast Member

We have a Jan. 2020 short 4 day on Mariner and looking forward to CocoCay

a1tinkfans and mevelandry like this.