Lights in a resort window

DisneyFan267

Earning My Ears
Can someone answer me this question or maybe steer me in the direction were I can find the answer.

We have MK view booked a BLT for Xmas week. I have been planing for over a year to have a light dispay in my window, LED lights and Music programing, special suction cups to attach to glass so there is no damage... but I have heard that Disney does not like that and will make you take it down?
Does anyone know it that is true? Or can lead me in the direction of someone I could ask? (In past trips I have sceen lights in the windows. did things change in the last 8 months?)

Thanks for any help

Yes, that's correct. DVC reminds members that outdoor holiday decorations (lights) aren't permitted. I forget the exact wording but I don't think it said members will be made to take down decorations (some things are better left unsaid). I think I read it in the magazine/newsletter that's mailed to DVC members. Having said that, I've put up lights inside windows at Disney resorts (not DVC) and not been made to remove them. And yes, I've also seen lights up at DVC resorts that have stayed up for many days. I think the reminder has been going out for a few years, not sure when they became necessary.

Can someone answer me this question or maybe steer me in the direction were I can find the answer.

We have MK view booked a BLT for Xmas week. I have been planing for over a year to have a light dispay in my window, LED lights and Music programing, special suction cups to attach to glass so there is no damage... but I have heard that Disney does not like that and will make you take it down?
Does anyone know it that is true? Or can lead me in the direction of someone I could ask? (In past trips I have sceen lights in the windows. did things change in the last 8 months?)

Thanks for any help

DVC said that decorating within the villa was okay, but not to extend it such that it was seen outside the villa. And if you put anything up inside the villa, no tape, tacks, or anything that could damage the finishes.

When we were there last week, there were at least 3 or 4 rooms with outdoor lights and decorations on the balconies of BLT. They were up for several days.

I just got back from BLT and a number of the balconies are decorated. DVC has, however, asked guests not to do so. But as to whether they will ask guests to take down their decorations, apparently not. Somebody had a full size tree on their balcony, and lighted garlands. I think it would be terribly annoying to be too close to someone who had a musical light display outside though.

I just got back from BLT and a number of the balconies are decorated. DVC has, however, asked guests not to do so. But as to whether they will ask guests to take down their decorations, apparently not. Somebody had a full size tree on their balcony, and lighted garlands. I think it would be terribly annoying to be too close to someone who had a musical light display outside though.

We just got back as well & the number of decorated balconies increased as the week went by.

Inside the windows was one thing but the balconies... have to say, it really started to look quite tacky IMO. :sad2:

In the new Disney Files that I received today (Winter 2012) on page 17 it states:

As Disney Parks and Resorts reflect the spirit of the season with a winter wonderland of holiday decorations, many Disney Vacation Club Members are decorating their villas in similarly festive fashion. While Disney Vacation Club welcomes the use of safe decorations that don't damage the finishes of the villa, resort leaders are reminding Members that all decorations should be contained within the villa interiors and therefore shouldn't extend to the balcony or other exterior areas. This policy, included in the Members' condominium documents, is designed to help preserve teh carefully crafted architectural stories and visual themes for which Disney Parks and Resorts are famous.

So if your balcony or exterior door is decorated, they may ask you to remove those decorations.

Deb & Bill said:
In the new Disney Files that I received today (Winter 2012) on page 17 it states:

So if your balcony or exterior door is decorated, they may ask you to remove those decorations.

Thank you for adding that. We veterans strive to give out the most current and correct information.

Someone may report they saw something quite the opposite, it is not the norm nor is it a Disney standard. I believe it is better to follow the rules and give that information rather than say that we saw it in a few places, so it must be okay.

I do not want someone come back and say because one person reported they saw decorations and then they were asked to take theirs down and did not get accurate info from the boards.

Another issue could be that some of the decorations are from cash reservation guests, not points. I just returned from a 10 night BWV cash stay, and there wasn't any notification in any of my paperwork regarding outdoor decorations. I did see several decorated balconies while I was there as well.

I didn't decorate because I felt my trip was a bit early to do that, but if I had planned to, I wouldn't have had any notice that I wasn't allowed to.

MinnieGirl33 said:

Thank you!

I often get wordy, but I was going to add we see a lot of times on the Transportation board - do you really have to leave 3 hours for ME, what time do you really have to show up for ME, etc....

20 people will post the correct info - you must show up at least 15 minutes before your departure time. Departure time means departure.

Invariably, someone will post that a year ago, their bus driver waited about 10 minutes to "wait for the last people to show up."

Really????? First of all, it happened once, and does not make it the norm. Second, for all you know, one bus was full and they put you on the next bus that had fewer passengers. No one knows the real logistics behind it, but the rules state......X, Y, and Z.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter