Lights, Camera, Magic Tour- Walt Disney Studios?

We did it in July while we were at GCV for 8 nights, and it was really fun. We spent about 3 hours at the Studios. If you're into Disney history, it was great. It's probably a lot more interesting when all the shows they film aren't on hiatus - there wasn't much going on when we were there.

I thought it was a really great alternative to the standard day tours, and being the only way to get a Walt Disney Studio tour (short of a full ABD), it worked great for us. DD10 enjoyed it as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations of movies that we should watch to help get us in the mood for this trip?

I plan on redeeming my Disney Movie Rewards points for this tour next year if it is still available.

Disney Movie Rewards is a reward system for purchasing Disney movies (DVDs or Blu Rays). Every movie comes with a code, which must enter into your account online. You can redeem your rewards for prizes. I didn't realize you could use them to pay tours. Apparently you can, but for this tour only. You need like 13500 points, which is a lot of movies!

You are given some free time to walk around Hollywood BLvd.We took tour last Friday actually and had 45 minutes to walk around.We made it over to Soda Fountain,not to eat just to look.Time. Given more or less depend on traffic getting there,but u should be able to.

The day we took the tour in July, Slash was getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame right outside of the Hard Rock Cafe. They had that entire side of the sidewalk blocked off, and our guide had a hard time getting us from Hollywood and Highland to the Chinese Theater - and getting back was worse! :lmao: Fortunately we did have some extra time so the guides were sure to add buffer time to make sure we could get to our next event. It was crazy, though - I couldn't imagine trying to get over to the fountain in that kind of a crowd.

If you're going to be in the area for a few days, I would highly recommend taking some time to go down to Hollywood Blvd yourself. We actually went over on a Sunday evening for dinner at the soda fountain and VIP seats to see Brave at the El Capitan - it was well worth the effort and the money for the VIP seats! We were front row, center of the balcony and had an awesome view of the pre-show as well as the movie. The soda fountain is very small, though, so plan on a wait if you want to eat there.

Thanks for the responses. I just want to be able to look around and buy some pins. Looks like I should be able to do it as long as no one is getting their star!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter