Lights... Camera... Action! Dates and experience

jsebsirois

DIS Veteran
Hey there!

We'll be at Disneyland this October and we were thinking about doing the day-long excursion Lights... Camera... Magic!

The only information I can find is that the tour is available until Summer 2012.

Anyone knows if it will be extended to Fall 2012?

Also, if you've done the tour, how was it?

Welcome to the ABD Forum!!

ABD seems to be playing this one by ear. Originally, it was only available for a couple of months, then got extended another month, then got extended for the summer. I think they're trying to judge what the demand is like, and then going from there. So it's anyone's guess if it will get extended again.

Oh, by the way, the tour is called "Lights...Camera...Magic!", not "Action". :thumbsup2

Sayhello

I'm booked to go on the day long tour at the end of June I've never done anything ABD so I'm super excited about it.

I have the itinerary for the trip if you want I can post it later if you want it tells you what you do at what time

Sure! It would be nice to have all that information!

And sorry about that mistake in the name of the tour!!!

Me again!

We called again this week and dates are not out yet for our October trip to Disneyland...

Anyone knows if the excursion is offered every day? If it's on selected days, are they always the same? Here's the deal : we're planning to do the Mickey's Halloween Party on Monday, October 15th but we don't want that day to be the only day where the excursion is offered...

Thanks in advance!

Me again!

We called again this week and dates are not out yet for our October trip to Disneyland...

Anyone knows if the excursion is offered every day? If it's on selected days, are they always the same? Here's the deal : we're planning to do the Mickey's Halloween Party on Monday, October 15th but we don't want that day to be the only day where the excursion is offered...

Thanks in advance!
It's been a while (a few months) but last I heard, the tour was only offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. Obviously, that's always open to change.

Sayhello

We just got back from a 3 week trip to California, and took this tour on a Tuesday. I know Friday was also an option - not sure about Thursday. It definitely wasn't offered every day.

It was a fun trip - and enough to get us hooked on ABD! The Studio tour was great for history/architecture buffs, but the kids might not have gotten much out of it. Filming was on hiatus while we were there, so no one exciting was on the lot (much to the chagrin of one of the teenage junior adventurers on our trip!).

Our tour guides were great - native to the area, one normally worked in Guest Relations at DL doing VIP tours, and the other worked at ABD corporate in Burbank. We hit Hollywood & Highland, saw the Dolby Theater, had lunch at the Farmer's Market, and then spent the afternoon at the studio.

I enjoyed the tour, but it's obvious that the Walt Disney Studios is a working studio and not set up for tours. It was a lot of history, buildings, and photos on walls. There was some cool stuff, and we got to see sets from an upcoming midseason replacement comedy, but I was surprised the kids on the tour lasted through it all - there's not much there to interest them! Our DD loved it, though - and honestly, I thought it was a much better tour than the $49 Warner Brothers tour must have been.

The best part was getting to meet the guides and other adventurers, and seeing the others at the parks and the hotel the rest of our stay. It was kind of nice to see people we knew! I'm very much looking forward to our next ABD - we're planning on China, but not sure when yet. I'd love to do any other trip they offer, though - they're that good!

We just got back from a 3 week trip to California, and took this tour on a Tuesday. I know Friday was also an option - not sure about Thursday. It definitely wasn't offered every day.

It was a fun trip - and enough to get us hooked on ABD! The Studio tour was great for history/architecture buffs, but the kids might not have gotten much out of it. Filming was on hiatus while we were there, so no one exciting was on the lot (much to the chagrin of one of the teenage junior adventurers on our trip!).

Our tour guides were great - native to the area, one normally worked in Guest Relations at DL doing VIP tours, and the other worked at ABD corporate in Burbank. We hit Hollywood & Highland, saw the Dolby Theater, had lunch at the Farmer's Market, and then spent the afternoon at the studio.

I enjoyed the tour, but it's obvious that the Walt Disney Studios is a working studio and not set up for tours. It was a lot of history, buildings, and photos on walls. There was some cool stuff, and we got to see sets from an upcoming midseason replacement comedy, but I was surprised the kids on the tour lasted through it all - there's not much there to interest them! Our DD loved it, though - and honestly, I thought it was a much better tour than the $49 Warner Brothers tour must have been.

The best part was getting to meet the guides and other adventurers, and seeing the others at the parks and the hotel the rest of our stay. It was kind of nice to see people we knew! I'm very much looking forward to our next ABD - we're planning on China, but not sure when yet. I'd love to do any other trip they offer, though - they're that good!
Owensamo, who was your Guide from Guest Relations? It wouldn't happen to have been Cheryl, would it? One of the Guides on my first ABD, (Southwest Splendors) worked in Guest Relations & did VIP tours. She was really great. It would be cool if she's still doing ABD's.

Sayhello

Owensamo, who was your Guide from Guest Relations? It wouldn't happen to have been Cheryl, would it? One of the Guides on my first ABD, (Southwest Splendors) worked in Guest Relations & did VIP tours. She was really great. It would be cool if she's still doing ABD's.

Sayhello

Our guides were Natalia and the other girl who had the Aztec name I can't spell nor pronounce :)

Jim

I asked on the ABD Facebook page if they were extending the tour, since my
DL trip for next month has been pushed to April 2013 (My Dad passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago and he was supposed to go with us to DL :( ). The response I got back was that this tour will be extended until September 2013, and they will be releasing dates in the fall. Hope that helps!

I asked on the ABD Facebook page if they were extending the tour, since my
DL trip for next month has been pushed to April 2013 (My Dad passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago and he was supposed to go with us to DL :( ). The response I got back was that this tour will be extended until September 2013, and they will be releasing dates in the fall. Hope that helps!
Ooo! Thanks for the info!

And so sorry about your Dad.

Sayhello

It's now official : the tour will be offered until the end of 2013!

I'll call them to make my reservation later this month then!

I just called and was told they only have dates through September and its twice a week?

jsebsirois: How did you get your information?

Julia

Can someone give details on this tour (like time frames?)

This one-day guided adventure begins at 8:30 a.m., when you'll depart Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. From there, you'll embark on a tour of the following sites:

The Hollywood & Highland Center or Grauman's Chinese Theater (based on tour date)
Visit the Dolby® TheatreSM at the Hollywood & Highland Center (home of the Academy Awards®), OR Grauman's Chinese Theatre, best known for its extensive collection of celebrity footprints and handprints. Both are located on vibrant Hollywood Boulevard.

Hollywood's Famed Sunset Strip
Catch a glimpse of such famous spots as Chateau Marmont and Whisky a Go Go.

Beverly Hills' Famed Rodeo Drive
See Beverly Hills' world-famous shopping destination, known for its haute couture boutiques.

Farmers Market & The Grove
Immerse yourself in the original Farmers Market at Third & Fairfax where you'll enjoy great shopping and an amazing array of restaurants – all in an authentic atmosphere which offers family fun, and frequent star spotting! And just a short trolley ride away is the fabulous open-air shopping center, The Grove.

The Walt Disney Studios
Enjoy an exclusive tour of The Walt Disney Studios — which is both a working studio AND the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company — followed by a special reception in Legends Plaza, where Disney's many gifted animators, Imagineers, songwriters, actors and business leaders have been honored. This is truly an exclusive experience that's only available to the public on the rarest of occasions!

Your tour returns to Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at approximately 7:00 p.m.

My husband seems to think that there is a lot of driving and maybe not a lot to see and do. Can anyone comments?

Julia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!