• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lighting of CarsLand?

Geemo

DIS Veteran
We'll be in the parks this coming Tuesday through Friday.
Watching the lighting of CarsLand is on the list.

IF anyone is there now, can you tell us what time to be there to see it happen.

I know sunset for 92802 ZipCode is 6:30pm

Thanks
Geemo

When we went in October, I asked the CM at the RSR entrance what time the neon would come on. They checked that day's schedule and told me 6:31pm. The lights actually came on at about 6:33pm.

Google the time for sunset for that day and plan to be on Rte. 66 about 10 minutes beforehand to find a good viewing spot. Be there earlier if you want snacks. CMs can control the timing of the lighting, so don't be thrown if the lights are a bit late. It does happen occasionally.

I assume it's somewhat self-explanatory, but can someone tell me more about this? CarsLand is a big part of our trek West (we have a 9yo son, and Cars was a big part of his youngest years), but I've not heard about this. Do they synchronize the illumination of the lights? Is there any type of a 'show' to it? Are there some places better to watch than others?

Thanks!

I assume it's somewhat self-explanatory, but can someone tell me more about this? CarsLand is a big part of our trek West (we have a 9yo son, and Cars was a big part of his youngest years), but I've not heard about this. Do they synchronize the illumination of the lights? Is there any type of a 'show' to it? Are there some places better to watch than others?

Thanks!

It is a subtle "show" that many would not even realize is happening if they were not paying attention. It is the sequential illumination of all of the neon and lighting in Cars Land timed with a bit of music and it starts at the entrance of Cars Land making its way down to Radiator Springs Racers. It is literally just a few seconds but kinda cool to see.

Best place to stand IMO is right in the middle of the street right in the middle of Cars Land near the Cozy Cones.

It is a subtle "show" that many would not even realize is happening if they were not paying attention. It is the sequential illumination of all of the neon and lighting in Cars Land timed with a bit of music and it starts at the entrance of Cars Land making its way down to Radiator Springs Racers. It is literally just a few seconds but kinda cool to see.

Best place to stand IMO is right in the middle of the street right in the middle of Cars Land near the Cozy Cones.

Thanks!

Thanks!

You know how in the first Cars movie, there's that bit where Lightning has all the neon signs turn on and the song "Sh-Boom" plays? It basically recreates that scene.

Thanks!

As PP explained, they play the song and the lights are turned on. We sit on a bench across from Cozy Cones as sometimes some of the other cars will be brought out and CMs will host a fun little dance party. :rainbow:

Listen for Life is But a Dream, Sha Boom then soon after DJ the rock n roll car comes out and the kids get to rock out to Dancing in the Street and Rock this Town. Oh, and Car Wash too. We like to grab something to eat at Flo's and sit at the gas pumps.

This sounds cool. The little things is what we like. Do the lights stay on for the night then?

Carsland is really wonderful, magical, and beautiful in the evening with all of the neon lights lit up. There's no other place quite like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter