Lighter Fare?

anlashokna

Disney Vet & Self Proclaimed Photo Nut Extradonair
I see this listed on menus. Does anyone have any idea what lighter fare options consist of?

Stacey

We're going on our third cruise in as many years in October. The first year I gained about 12 pounds and decided that it was time to diet. By the time the second cruise rolled around last October I'd lost 95 pounds and didn't want to gain it back so I ate lighter fare a lot! The selections consisted of grilled chicken, grilled fish, and lean cuts of beef. You can mix it up with various veggie selections. By the way, on the second cruise I actually lost 3 pounds. It works!

That is great to hear. Congrats on the weight loss first of all. We go on the Western on 6/19 and I recently lost 30 lbs and have been so worried that I would put it back on, so it is comforting to me to know that there are healthy meal choices.

Thanks! :)

Sounds more appetizing than a lot of the menu items to me !

Do you just request it at the beginning of the meal? Its not something you have to call in before you sail is it?

Congrats on the weight loss :)

Trying to drop the last 30lb myself.

Stacey

The "lighter fare" is a standard choice on all the menus. Not necessarily smaller portions, but usually different "go withs" and usually grilled without the sauces that often add calories.

Generally I found that the quantity on the Magic was the problem not how it was cooked. There's just food available all the time.

This is one time to exercise those "push away" muscles and FORGET about cleaning your plate. Explain to your servers that you habitually eat light so they won't be concerned about the quality if you leave food on your plate.

I agree, the selections are nothing special, just leaner, grilled selections. Try the chocolate souffle at Palo once and then pass the rest of the cruise! If you must have pizza, choose the veggie selection and don't eat a "trainload" of it! I'm speaking from experience, you must excerise good judgement!!!

Just mention to your server at the beginning of your cruise that you are not a big eater, and they will certainly be able to find you alternatives. Never be afraid to ask for anything that doesnt appear on the menu. Very often it will be available, but not listed. I had salad every night with various extras. It was not problem at all. Nat:Pinkbounc

Thanks all :)

Its actually weird. All my friends eat like it was their last meal when they travel. I tend to eat less food that I normally would when I'm travelling. Of course I wonder how ocean travel is going to effect me too. :( Packing a box of saltines just in case.

Stacey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter