Lifetime passes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwt580

always a kid
met a lady today that told me her older parents have lifetime WDW passes . Bought many yrs ago..

Can this be true??

Yep I remember my neighbor talking about them when my kids were babies in the mid 90s. I forget if they were $200 or $400 but that at the time was an ungodly amount to ever pay for a theme park ticket. Don't think I'm not kicking myself for not getting in on that deal!

met a lady today that told me her older parents have lifetime WDW passes . Bought many yrs ago..

Can this be true??

Yes. They were called non-expiration tickets. Many people bought them.

Yep I remember my neighbor talking about them when my kids were babies in the mid 90s. I forget if they were $200 or $400 but that at the time was an ungodly amount to ever pay for a theme park ticket. Don't think I'm not kicking myself for not getting in on that deal!

Back in the 1990's there were rumors floating around on the old disney message boards (aol) that they were thinking of selling an AP that was good for life. It was supposed to be over $2,000 per ticket. Nothing came of it because we would have been first in line to buy one. Lol.

When we went on our honeymoon in 1972 they were selling lifetime passes to the Magic Kingdom at the Poly. I think they called them Golden passes and were $125 , which for us as newlywed college students was a fortune! Now 1 day at the MK costs that or more :)

Yes. They were called non-expiration tickets. Many people bought them.
No, all tickets were non-expiration for many years, that is not the Lifetime Pass. Non-expiration tickets ended as soon as the days purchased were used up and were no longer any good for admittance. Lifetime meant you could go there for as long as you lived, your lifetime. All tickets have been labeled as non-transferable even back when it was impossible to enforce.

The only lifetime passes I've ever heard of are gifts from the company. All the legends get one when they are inducted and then a few others have been sprinkled about for different reasons.

I've never heard of one that was actually for sale.

Back in the 1990's there were rumors floating around on the old disney message boards (aol) that they were thinking of selling an AP that was good for life. It was supposed to be over $2,000 per ticket. Nothing came of it because we would have been first in line to buy one. Lol.

I've never heard of it, but I do know a couple who said they had an opportunity to buy a DW lifetime membership some time in the early/mid 90's for about $2000 per ticket. Maybe it was just a rumour they heard? I don't know.

Yes, I remember my dad talking about them. They were offered at a "discount" at his company in the 70s. He seriously thought about it when he earned his first share of company stock. If he bought those 5 passes back then, they would have had a ROI of about 25,000% by now.

They also had contests where people won lifetime passes. I don't recall exactly, but the 100 millionth (maybe some other number) visitor to the MK was given lifetime passes. There was another contest, but can't remember it that gave it to a family...Year of a Million Dreams maybe.

I wonder if they are good for all themeparks..??

I remember when AK opened, I believe there was a surcharge on existing AP's to include AK.

MG

When we went on our honeymoon in 1972 they were selling lifetime passes to the Magic Kingdom at the Poly. I think they called them Golden passes and were $125 , which for us as newlywed college students was a fortune! Now 1 day at the MK costs that or more :)

According to this website, $125 in 1972 equals $719.36 in 2016. So buying a lifetime pass in 1972 dollars is still a better value than buying an AP in 2016.

Lifetime Passes do exist. My wife and I were at WDW when EPCOT was getting ready to open and lifetime Passes were being sold for $200.00 each. And no we did not buy them. Looking back.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter