Life jackets for small children

RainyJ

Mouseketeer
Should I pack life vests for our boys (ages 6 and 3)? Neither can swim, so I was wondering if I should bring them for swimming in the pool or the ocean at CC. We've been to a couple of indoor water parks and they were required to wear them.

Should I pack life vests for our boys (ages 6 and 3)? Neither can swim, so I was wondering if I should bring them for swimming in the pool or the ocean at CC. We've been to a couple of indoor water parks and they were required to wear them.

They are available at CC for free but I have never seen them on the ship>

From the DCL site:

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons

The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.

:cutie:

We brought DDs(5) water wings with us we thought she would need them for the Deep pool, she did use them once but most the time we spent in the Mickey pool just bobbing around.

There are no life jackets on board (only for emergencies), she was asked to remove her water wings when entering the Aquaduck other then that they were allowed

On our 2nd DCL cruise we brought ours for our dd6 and dd3. After I saw the crowds and the kids jumping virtually on top of each other at the pools, I just felt safer with my beginner swimmers wearing their jackets. They loved it too! DCL did not make my dd6 take hers off to go down the aquaduct. Here is a link to the ones we brought:

http://www.swimways.com/swim-vest-p-26.aspx and, one more thing, they also wore them on the tender boat on our Carnival cruise.

we bring puddle jumpers for our kids, They are coast guard approved, but not as big as the life jackets. They are allowed to wear them in the pools and use them at the beaches too.

Can't post a link, but amazon has them if you seach puddle jumpers

My son is 3 and can swim on his own. With that said, I do have a puddle jumpers vest for my son when I feel that the area is crowded. I will be bringing it specifically for castaway, but we might use it on the ship as well. Better safe than sorry IMO..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter