Life Begins at 50 The Dream Tour With Lots of pictures

Loved your trip report!:love:
Thanks for sharing all that magic!

I understand about how great it was when Ben loved the snorkeling at Discovery Cove. We went there a few years ago and my sister, my neice, and I all held hands while snorkeling with all the fish. My teenage neice then said that it was the best time she had ever had. Hearing her say that is one of the best memories that I will ever have!:cutie:

I'm feeling a bit like Alan Whicker at the moment, having been to Rhodes for my sons wedding & just having got back from a drunken weekend in Amsterdam!! I've had a great year, but the weight is starting to go back on, so I am now officially back on my diet.

We've just booked to take the grandkids to DLRP for 4 days & 3 nights & I can't begin to tell you how excited we all are. It might not be America, and it's only a short break, but I'm so looking forward to seeing their faces when they meet Mickey & Tigger. We are staying at Sequoia Lodge in March, travelling by Eurostar, so look out for the next trippie - Can't Wait!!

We've just booked to take the grandkids to DLRP for 4 days & 3 nights & I can't begin to tell you how excited we all are. It might not be America, and it's only a short break, but I'm so looking forward to seeing their faces when they meet Mickey & Tigger. We are staying at Sequoia Lodge in March, travelling by Eurostar, so look out for the next trippie - Can't Wait!!

sounds great ! lucky grandkids :thumbsup2

How fun! Having been to WDW countless times DLP is still a dream trip for us ~ I'm sure your TR will help convince me (as if I need convincing!) that it's a must-do trip soon :)

Have fun with your planning. I can't wait to read all about it!!

Kev, I've done as promised ;) and read it through in one fell swoop, very apt that I read it today as exactly a year ago today we were setting off on our own hols to WDW.

It's made absolutely fantastic reading ~ you made so many wonderful memories. :cloud9: Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

I have also read your fantastic trip report in one sitting! I really felt as though I was there - you have a great writing style!!. It brought back many memories of previous trips and a tingle of excitement for our forthcoming trip in October! Thanks for sharing your memories!!

Thanks for all the great comments, look out for my new trippie in a couple of weeks from DLRP

What a good report, how did you find the time :thumbsup2 kev i have one question, can you tell the future because the trip you did sounds so very much like a trip we are doing sep 2008 (akv , adr's). by the way your family do wear the best football shirt on the planet utb :thumbsup2

I was supposed to be at a genealogy seminar today (a hobby of mine) but instead I am in bed nursing a cold. Oh well, the upside to the situation is it is the first time I have been sick in a couple of years and it gave me a great excuse to lie in bed and hang out on the disboards – which is why I came across your wonderful trip report. You made me feel better just by reading about the fun and excitement your family had. I liked watching how each day your tans deepened and your smiles became wider.

Each year, my daughter (age 10) and I go away for a few days on a “mini girl trip” (no Dad, no Grandma (who also lives with us); just Sarah and I. Last summer we spent a week in St Augustine, FL, a place your family may enjoy visiting on your next FL trip. We stayed at the “Ocean and Racquet Club” http://www.oceanandracquet.com/ . We are lucky in that our cousin lent us his condo but the resort also rents condos for reasonable prices. The best part is that the beaches are not crowded in that particular area – and that is only a few miles from Anastasia State Park and Marineland. Sarah swam with the dolphins during our last visit. They also offer programs in "trainer for the day", etc..
http://www.floridastateparks.org/anastasia/
http://www.marineland.net/

You mentioned you had “night” pictures. I would be interested in seeing them if it is not too much of a bother.

Again, thanks for the wonderful report

As promised the trippie from Paris is now on line, and it's another mini epic!! If you enjoyed this report, I'm sure you will love the new one, as the grandkids get bitten by the Disney bug. Enjoy!!

As promised the trippie from Paris is now on line, and it's another mini epic!! If you enjoyed this report, I'm sure you will love the new one, as the grandkids get bitten by the Disney bug. Enjoy!!

Yay!! :cool1: Going to look right now! .......

Thanks for another excellent report. What a good idea to take along more characters (I mean your own characters) to help you have all that fun. The three grandkids being with you this time must have taken some of the pressure off Ben to always have to be the cute kid in the photos. He had lots of help posing for the pictures this time.

Your enthusiasm for your task makes your trip reports special, Kevin, and a lot of fun to read.

Please, keep us updated on Jordan's progress. He'll be in my prayers. Best wishes to you and your fellow Disney adventurers.

Ben (or spider pig as the kids call him) is absolutely brilliant with the boys and they idolise him. They follow him around like sheep, and Jakey even has to wear his cap in exactly the same way as Ben, so we now call him Spider piglet!! Ben did a great job in DLRP either taking photos or video this time, so we could keep both cameras going all the time.

Jordan had some great news yesterday, as the doctors from Leeds came down to see him in Sheffield and everything is going as well as possible. We just take every day as it comes, some good days, some bad, but he takes everything in his stride.

Originally Posted by kevg1889
Jordan had some great news yesterday, as the doctors from Leeds came down to see him in Sheffield and everything is going as well as possible. We just take every day as it comes, some good days, some bad, but he takes everything in his stride.

What the doctors said about Jordan--now that's a wonderful report. What have we learned from this scenario? The family spends several happy days in a Disney place. Immediately upon return, the examining doctors give Jordan a positive report. I think there's cause and effect at work here. I wonder if planning for the next trip could keep the momentum going.

Kev, thank you so much for this excellent trippie. I spent all yesterday evening reading it, while dh & ds10 watched Dr Who & Match of the Day. You really brought AKL alive for me. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it, now I'm starting on your DLP trippie. Please keep us informed about Jordan, he his in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter