Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I have the white/silver Vivoactive 3 and I really love it. The rose gold is pretty, but it's REALLY pink in real life ... more pink than a true rose gold.

That said - it's REALLY easy to swap out watch bands. I have a metal band and a leather band for mine and it takes about two seconds to switch between them.

Yay @SarahDisney !

Yay being in the right place and taking up the mission!

Yay the most trophy-like trophy I've ever seen!

Thank you!!
I'm very happy with the trophy-ness of the trophy. It is an excellent trophy.

I have the white/silver Vivoactive 3 and I really love it. The rose gold is pretty, but it's REALLY pink in real life ... more pink than a true rose gold.

That said - it's REALLY easy to swap out watch bands. I have a metal band and a leather band for mine and it takes about two seconds to switch between them.

This is all good info. I love rose gold, but not when it's aggressively pink (although I do like my aggressively pink shoes ... ). So my best bet is probably the white/silver, and maybe I'll eventually get a rose gold to wear when I'm wearing something pink.
Now I just have to behave myself and not buy it until after I get paid later this week...

Congrats on the trophy!!! I totally agree that there was a greater plan than you just running a race today.

Wow! Great job on that race today! You never know how your kindness can really make another person's day.

Thank you! It's really incredible that what started as a conversation between strangers turned into such an amazing experience for both of us!

Congrats on the trophy!!! I totally agree that there was a greater plan than you just running a race today.

Thank you! Sometimes things happen and you just know that there's some greater force in play, and today was definitely one of those days.

Great job this weekend! Enjoy your Des moment because you totally earned it, and I think it's awesome you helped that lady finish her first 5k as well!

Great job this weekend! Enjoy your Des moment because you totally earned it, and I think it's awesome you helped that lady finish her first 5k as well!

Thank you! This is probably the only time I will win my age group (unless I do this race again next year), so I'm definitely enjoying the moment :)
And helping my new friend finish her race was super special and I'm glad I had the opportunity to do it!

Congrats on the win and helping someone else. I am sure both things felt so rewarding at the end of the day.

Congrats again Sarah!!
I love how everything came together for your big ag win AND helping someone else. Great story and great race :)

Thank you!!

Congrats on the win and helping someone else. I am sure both things felt so rewarding at the end of the day.

Thank you!
It definitely felt good to help someone else cross that finish line. The trophy was nice too :)

As some of you know, I'm very religious. I wasn't originally planning to run this race if it rained, but I saw the shirt and really liked it, so I decided to do it despite the bad weather. And I can't help but think that there was a greater plan involved here, and G-d put me in the right place to help my new friend make it through her first race. And I think that because I was in the right place and took up my mission, I was rewarded with an AG win.
I know that the logical answer is that not that many people ran this race, and that's how I ended up being the fastest person in my age group despite finishing slower than planned. But when you do good things, good things happen to you, and I think that my fancy trophy was a reward for me helping someone else. It was kinda my Des Linden moment (complete with crappy weather) - helping someone else helped me reach my goal.
I love all of this so much. Super proud of you!

I love all of this so much. Super proud of you!

Thank you!

Remember that time I tried to text you a link for a discount for the Vivoactive 3 and it didn't work? Well, this is the correct link and it should work: http://charitymiles.org/Garmin20/

I'm about to just bite the bullet and treat myself before this price goes away.

Thank you! This time it worked.
Also ... THE ROSE GOLD IS ONLY $239.99 THROUGH THAT LINK AND I'M DYING!
This is not a drill. I dont know what to do. I will reflect on it on the way home. (I will probably still end up with the cheaper one, but we'll see)
Also ... do we know when it expires? If at all possible, I'd like to hold off on the purchase until I gets paid on Thursday (although really, thanks to the magic of credit cards, I'm not paying for it for another month... but I'm weird).
I also have to see if I can use ebates with this and get cash back ... thus further reducing the cost of the watch.
Thanks, Jenna!

Remember that time I tried to text you a link for a discount for the Vivoactive 3 and it didn't work? Well, this is the correct link and it should work: http://charitymiles.org/Garmin20/

I'm about to just bite the bullet and treat myself before this price goes away.

Great. Now I want the Forerunner with music and I already have a watch I barely use. :eek: :faint:

Also ... do we know when it expires?
I just went back to check the email. There was no expiration date stated, but I did receive the email on May 4th. I can't even give an educated guess on when they would stop this deal soooo....

I also have to see if I can use ebates with this and get cash back
YES. I am so glad someone else uses Ebates. Unfortunately Garmin isn't on there. :sad2:

Great. Now I want the Forerunner with music and I already have a watch I barely use. :eek: :faint:
Sorryyyyyyyyy

Look at that, I save you and you save me! IDK why it wasn't showing up on my plug-in then. Grr... Even better reason to commit...

Um ... maybe not. It might not work with the charity miles thing. It was showing up on the Ebates website, but my plug-in isn't giving me anything when I go to the page either. Hmm...

Um ... maybe not. It might not work with the charity miles thing. It was showing up on the Ebates website, but my plug-in isn't giving me anything when I go to the page either. Hmm...
When I went through Ebates to Garmin, my watch was still in the cart, so I clicked on it and it was showing up at the discounted price.

When I went through Ebates to Garmin, my watch was still in the cart, so I clicked on it and it was showing up at the discounted price.

Interesting.
I think I'm gonna try it tonight (after all my talking about waiting until after I get paid) and I'll let you know what the Ebates story is.
Also ... 99% sure I'm going White/Silver. The rose gold will probably clash with my red skirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter