• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

Just got caught up. I love your Halloween tee! Your hair looks so great, too. I hope things in your life calm down soon. You seem like a strong woman, and I know you can handle anything! :hug:

Thank you SO much! That means a lot to me. :hug:

3 updates!! Oh MAN I am so ready!!!

Man, I am dying reading these. It just sounds like the ABSOLUTE perfect day, animal kingdom, solo, three gorgeous and awesome rides on Everest, cupcakes for breakfast, getting pulled into the dance party, it just seems like the perfect day.

I’m also totally listening to FOLK right now so that may have an effect on this

Oh boy…that’s where youre going now… #uglycrying.

Oh my gosh those chipmunk photos are PRICELESS especially the one with chip and jess in the background, so awesome!!

Seriously though, what a fantastic way to spend Halloween day!! I wish mine was that awesome! Lol.

Wow! That is like, the perfect day! And its only just the beginning! FOTLK is just the best. Hula Timon looks so cute with his head sticking out of your bag. And with the pin on! Omg, Dale's proposal is just the most adorable thing ever!! And Jess and Chip's reactions were hilarious! Can't wait to hear more! And chin up, I'm sure things will work out in the end. x

Nah, go with four on Everest... you know just to be safe. :)

Haha, while I tend to subscribe to the theory that Screaming your head off in the dark on Everest is the best thing ever always, on Halloween, oh lawd that would be amazing. :lovestruc

Oh man, I was literally just typing how cool haivng that bird flying overhead in the Lioness photo.

Speaking of water fountains, it makes me hope that the "well" fountain in Camp Minnie-Mickey finds a new home. It needs to.

Awww Lia that whole Chip and Dale wedding was adorable. And your bestie Jess arrived just in time to be I guess, Maid of Honour? Those photos are amazing!!!!! AND prove once again that Chip and Dale, regardless of the park, are one of, if not the BEST, character interactions there are.

Loving your Halloween so far, you know how to make the most of the magic down there! I am absolutely in love with your Chip & Dale moment, seriously life doesn't get much more perfect than THAT. Sending you good thoughts and hope you can get down to your happy place again soon. :)

What a fun day! Glad you found your cupcake! I love the Dale proposal--of course you said yes, who could tell that cutie no? I have been hearing about FoTLK for years...one day I'll get to see it! Maybe next trip :)

Whoa, bat cupcake looks DELICIOUS!! A huge chocolate cupcake with a chocolate lollipop on top? YES, PLEASE.

Goofy looks so cute in his cowboy gear.

Congrats to the happy couple!!! Seriously, what a cute and adorable meet with the chipmunks. Jess giving the thumbs up in the background is just icing on the...cupcake. :goodvibes

LIA! That Bat Cupcake looks SO good! I'm so happy that you found it, seriously. This was starting off as the best Halloween ever.

Goofy and Pluto looked ADORABLE! Oh my goodness, Goofy's cowboy outfit... and PLUTO IS MY FAVORITE. He's just the cutest. I need to go be in Disney World right now meeting characters. I'll meet you there.

I LOVE your LK pin you got! I have a TON of LK pins actually laying around that I got and never traded. I should probably do something with them at some point, hmm.

Your meet with Chip 'n Dale is the most adorable thing ever. I LOVE when the characters do fun things like that, it just makes the interaction so much better.

I can't wait to hear more about this day, it's basically already the best and we know it's just going to get even better. :goodvibes

3 updates!! Oh MAN I am so ready!!!

Man, I am dying reading these. It just sounds like the ABSOLUTE perfect day, animal kingdom, solo, three gorgeous and awesome rides on Everest, cupcakes for breakfast, getting pulled into the dance party, it just seems like the perfect day.

I’m also totally listening to FOLK right now so that may have an effect on this

Oh boy…that’s where youre going now… #uglycrying.

Oh my gosh those chipmunk photos are PRICELESS especially the one with chip and jess in the background, so awesome!!

Seriously though, what a fantastic way to spend Halloween day!! I wish mine was that awesome! Lol.

It really was the perfect day! I'm glad that is translating! Just wait til you hear about MNSSHP, you'll freak! :hmghost:

Chip with his hands on his head just kills me every time LOL

Wow! That is like, the perfect day! And its only just the beginning! FOTLK is just the best. Hula Timon looks so cute with his head sticking out of your bag. And with the pin on! Omg, Dale's proposal is just the most adorable thing ever!! And Jess and Chip's reactions were hilarious! Can't wait to hear more! And chin up, I'm sure things will work out in the end. x

The whole thing was so amazing!

Thank you! I hope so!

Nah, go with four on Everest... you know just to be safe. :)

Haha, while I tend to subscribe to the theory that Screaming your head off in the dark on Everest is the best thing ever always, on Halloween, oh lawd that would be amazing. :lovestruc

Oh man, I was literally just typing how cool haivng that bird flying overhead in the Lioness photo.

Speaking of water fountains, it makes me hope that the "well" fountain in Camp Minnie-Mickey finds a new home. It needs to.

Awww Lia that whole Chip and Dale wedding was adorable. And your bestie Jess arrived just in time to be I guess, Maid of Honour? Those photos are amazing!!!!! AND prove once again that Chip and Dale, regardless of the park, are one of, if not the BEST, character interactions there are.[/QUOTE

Four it is!! :thumbsup2

It really was. It just suddenly occurred to me like... oh, it's Halloween and I'm screaming like crazy. This is perfect.

I agree! I thought of that water fountain too!

They are definitely two of my favorites, especially now that I am married to one of them!

Loving your Halloween so far, you know how to make the most of the magic down there! I am absolutely in love with your Chip & Dale moment, seriously life doesn't get much more perfect than THAT. Sending you good thoughts and hope you can get down to your happy place again soon. :)

I try! :goodvibes

I agree... life was definitely perfect in that moment and yet the day got even better.

Thank you! Unfortunately I think it will be awhile but at least it's comforting to know that Disney will always be there waiting. :goodvibes

What a fun day! Glad you found your cupcake! I love the Dale proposal--of course you said yes, who could tell that cutie no? I have been hearing about FoTLK for years...one day I'll get to see it! Maybe next trip :)

MAKE SURE you see FOTLK next time! It is one of the absolute BEST things ever!

Whoa, bat cupcake looks DELICIOUS!! A huge chocolate cupcake with a chocolate lollipop on top? YES, PLEASE.

Goofy looks so cute in his cowboy gear.

Congrats to the happy couple!!! Seriously, what a cute and adorable meet with the chipmunks. Jess giving the thumbs up in the background is just icing on the...cupcake. :goodvibes

It was soooooo good. I want one right now!

hahhaha THANK YOU! It was so great! :bride:

Great updates! Congratulations othe pending nuptuals.

Thank you!! :bride::bride: :bride:

LIA! That Bat Cupcake looks SO good! I'm so happy that you found it, seriously. This was starting off as the best Halloween ever.

Goofy and Pluto looked ADORABLE! Oh my goodness, Goofy's cowboy outfit... and PLUTO IS MY FAVORITE. He's just the cutest. I need to go be in Disney World right now meeting characters. I'll meet you there.

I LOVE your LK pin you got! I have a TON of LK pins actually laying around that I got and never traded. I should probably do something with them at some point, hmm.

Your meet with Chip 'n Dale is the most adorable thing ever. I LOVE when the characters do fun things like that, it just makes the interaction so much better.

I can't wait to hear more about this day, it's basically already the best and we know it's just going to get even better. :goodvibes

It was absolutely delicious, you should try getting it in September! It was the most perfect start to the day!

OMG I am so up for meeting you for a day of characters. Let's do it tomorrow!!!!!!!! OKAY DEAL.

Oooh I want to see your Lion King pins! :simba:

It really was. I love when they make it special like that! :bride:

Oh YES it is! I can't wait to share everything about MNSSHP!

OCTOBER 31, 2013
Day 2, Part 4 In Which We Meet Our Favorite World Travelers!​

On the way out of Chip & Dale's greeting area, they were giving out candy again, but this time in a MNSSHP treat bag!

12687521595_00c9f9081d_z.jpg

Olaf!!!! Jess and I were incredibly curious about Frozen and could not wait to see it.

It was pretty neat b/c I never knew they gave out treat bags anywhere except MNSSHP. I'm guessing they had a ton of extra ones or something.

We tried to figure out what to do next. Donald was greeting, but we decided to skip him because we were short on time (we had to go get ready for MNSSHP!!!!!!!!!!) and he was just wearing his normal AK outfit (Safari Donald) instead of a Halloween costume like last year! When I met him on October 28 of 2012, he was dressed as Davy Crockett and it was so cute!

At that time Mickey and Minnie were in Camp too, and had separate lines. They were in costume as well, so we thought maybe they would be again this year. However, they were now in a new location at Discovery Island. We figured even if they didn't have Halloween costumes on it would be fine because we still really wanted to meet them in their new location! So off we went.

12754354765_ca55b0c2b2_z.jpg

Their line wasn't very long, maybe 10-15 minutes. What was great about this new greeting area is that the whole thing was set up like they were world traveling adventurers and had photos of them in various places around the globe. The photos were ADORABLE and we freaked out over them the whole time.

12129491614_aeef9878aa_z.jpg

12687563025_a7d4f43535_z.jpg

12129366813_317b8df2ca_z.jpg

12129491154_4d0eb503a7_z.jpg

When we got into the room to meet them, it was slightly disappointing that they were also just in their regular AK outfits, but ultimately I didn't care because meeting Mickey and Minnie is a BIG DEAL in any scenario!

12129253115_c2d25b0f20_z.jpg

I told Minnie I loved her fabulous green scarf. She is really rocking it, don't you agree?

12129650744_62b6f72de8_z.jpg

I love them so much, I can't even deal with it.

12129908556_4847c0883e_z.jpg

Look at Mickey all proud of his adventurer's hat. SIGH I LOVE YOU

12688032344_8812ccd66b_z.jpg

After leaving the adorable mice to their other guests, we were cutting it close with time. Jess had become obsessed with my picture from meeting Pluto and Goofy earlier, and NEEDED to go meet them in their costumes. So we went back over to Dinoland, and the line was WAY longer than it was when I had gone through earlier, and I had waited a significant amount of time... like at least 25 minutes.

I decided I would grab some food and then head back to the room, because I needed a lot more time to get ready for MNSSHP than Jess did, and I didn't want to rush it at all.

I was REALLY hungry and I knew if I didn't eat then, I would get wrapped up in all the excitement and end up only having eaten a cupcake and Halloween candy the whole day, which would result in me feeling not so great at MNSSHP. That could NOT happen, nothing was going to ruin this party! Jess didn't mind going through the line alone at all so it was fine.

I really wanted some Yak & Yeti CS, but being that it was all the way in Asia, I decided to take the "EAT HERE!" advice.

12687653583_cbda3924a2_z.jpg

So I went into Restaurantasaurus which is right behind Goofy & Pluto's meet and greet area.

I liked the lighting in there with all the different dinosaurs on it! Very cool.

12129090765_1491271655_z.jpg

I figured it wouldn't be busy because it was now past the busy lunch hour. Well, of course once I got in line there was some problem with the register that took long, and then it took really long for my food to come... sigh. I really needed to go get ready!

Here is the menu if you are curious.

12687659463_b482cf238d_z.jpg

It was taking a lot of time but it was worth it to get food in me before MNSSHP so whatever.

Luckily, I got the portable meal of chicken nuggets and fries, so I put the little container they come in right into my trick or treat bag and ate it on my way out of the park and to the busses. It takes a good amount of time to get out of there and onto a bus, so I'm glad I ate on the run!

The Pop Century bus was taking too long to come, so when an Art of Animation bus pulled up, I got on. Which of course, stopped at Blizzard Beach first which was completely unnecessary since no one got off or on. This whole saving time by not meeting Goofy and Pluto again thing was not really going too well, but hey, I wasn't gonna let it get me down!

Hey, AoA!

12754801743_5ff5956149_z.jpg

As you can see, they had some Halloween activities going on tonight. A nice alternative for people who didn't get MNSSHP tickets in time!

12129497224_e9bb8e26dc_z.jpg

12687657683_d54e75f32b_z.jpg

Back to the 70's!

12129496954_5c2bb1b747_z.jpg

12129495794_1e8d595d44_z.jpg

After walking back to Pop, I started getting ready right away. Jess came in soon after me. She was very happy she got to meet her favorite doggies!

12754520785_cae5610de8_z.jpg

She said it was totally worth the long wait. But of course!

My transformation from living girl to dead Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancer had begun! AHHH I CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN MY RIDICULOUS EXCITEMENT. You seriously have no idea. I was living in a dream.

The process of getting all my make-up on was quite an ordeal, tons of layers. Thankfully, I had practiced it a few times so it didn't take as long. However, we were still running behind schedule. I was too happy and excited for it to bother me, though!

It was so funny hearing Jess's reactions to my different stages of getting ready. Every time I would turn around and look more dead she would be like, "OH MY GOD."

Jess was dressing up as a cowgirl. I already explained my costume in my Pre-Trip Report update, but I didn't cover Jess's, so here we go.

She she had already been to two MNSSHPs. The first one she went as the girl from Paperman and the second time she went as Vidia the fairy. She told me that she had an old Jasmine costume and also her Belle one from the year before, and that she also had a cowboy hat so she could be a cowgirl. Once I switched my costume to Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancer, she asked if I minded if she do it too. I told her I totally didn't and it would be fun to match. With school starting up and stuff though, she wasn't able to make the time to get it together. It's quite a complicated costume!

We decided on the cowgirl because it went with my costume in a way. If you have ever seen the glorious Boo To You parade, you know that there is a Haunted Mansion and Frontierland section. So collectively, Jess and I were going as the BOO TO YOU PARADE!

HOW PERFECT IS THAT?!?!?!
11972902063_55e9653dd8_o.png

It was amazing. I love when things work out so well. It was like magic! :smickey:

OCTOBER 31, 2013
Day 2, Part 5 In Which PUMPKIN BRIGHT, CANDLE LIGHT, HALLOWEEN... OUR FAVORITE NIGHT!​

Alright guys, are you ready?! ARE YOU FREAKING READY FOR ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS OF MY LIFE? WHERE MAGIC BEYOND ANYTHING I EVER COULD HAVE DREAMED OF OCCURRED?

HERE WE GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

We left the room a little later than I wanted to but everything was about to work out more perfectly than I EVER imagined!

Once we got into Brooke, Jess instantly put on the Boo to You parade soundtrack and we just lost it.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYYAYYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!! FINALLY OUR NIGHT IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took some ghost selfies.

12754951433_e359208d99_z.jpg

12755257474_b65ff444c7_z.jpg

12754834805_6afe16475c_z.jpg

I so wish it was appropriate to look like this on a daily basis because oh my God I LOVE IT.

WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!! *Sings "Almost There"*

12755109064_6f3ddba6a1_z.jpg

We parked close and walked to the Monorail. So many people were STARING at us, it was so funny. I found the reaction to my costume this year quite different from last year's. It seems that this year people would more just stare at me aghast, where as last year they would smile and say something. I got a lot of compliments still, but more people were just like O_O. I enjoy this reaction!

I love all the pictures from this night, but especially the ones of Jess smiling and being a happy, living cowgirl and me being all serious and dead faced. I LOVE US.

12755258464_3a913afca0_z.jpg

That picture is a lot scarier if you imagine that Jess was alone taking a selfie, and then when she went to look at the picture A GHOST SHOWED UP NEXT TO HER!

Maybe I don't exist. Maybe this whole thing is your imagination. Maybe Jess went to MNSSHP alone. Maybe I only show up in my real form once a year on this wicked night. Maybe I attached myself to Jess because I needed a living catalyst to latch onto so I could get back home to the Haunted Mansion....

It could happen! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

12754793063_eeaab3502b_z.jpg

WE ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12754647165_c3f7c43c46_z.jpg

Right away I spotted a Little Town Belle and the Beast! I love seeing all the costumes.

12754805533_ac544fd656_z.jpg

Once we got our wristbands and trick or treat bags, it was finally time! WE WERE AT MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I can not even describe the unreal excitement. This is like the highlight of my YEAR people. I had been waiting so long and I was FINALLY in my element!!!!!!!!

I had a very distinct plan for the evening. I selected a few MUST-do things and decided to leave the rest to chance. I knew this party would be sold out and I promised myself I was not going to be upset by long lines and thick crowds. I decided I would keep in mind that the important thing was that I got to go at all, and NOTHING could ever ruin the greatness of that. I allotted a good amount of time for error and it turns out we were going to need NONE of it. The night went that well, starting with our VERY IMPORTANT first stop of the night!

We went right over to the Jack and Sally greeting area. I was nervous because we arrived a little later than I had wanted to. However, the line was not bad at ALL.

12755112824_f022805c2d_z.jpg

That picture is bad quality I know, but look closely and you will see the mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas! It was a great costume.

I was SO HAPPY and excited all over again because it was clear we wouldn't be trapped in line for the whole beginning of the party, which was fantastic news. We really lucked out because we didn't even get there right at 4pm and mysteriously, there wasn't a huge line. And it was HALLOWEEN! We were just so lucky.

Jess and I asked a nearby cast member to take our photo together.

12755387413_f8ec0793d5_z.jpg

Now here is what I hated about my costume but simply did not have enough time to fix before I got to Disney. The entire thing was huge on me and I thought the sash I made would be enough to cinch my waist like in the Victorian era. I did not want to wear a corset to Magic Kingdom for obvious reasons, so I thought the sash would suffice. It didn't, and that is SO not the size of my waist! Not that a bigger waist is bad, but it's just not my shape and I like my shape, so I wanted it to fit right, you know? The fact of the matter is the costume still looked rad as hell but I am a perfectionist, sigh. Also it was just physically annoying to have a baggy midsection. I kept trying to tighten it but that didn't really work out. OH WELL.

Before my next MNSSHP, I have to get that dress altered or get a new dress because I have decided I want to do the same costume again... but different. You know, like slightly different makeup, different hair, accessories, etc. The same concept but different looking. We will see what I decide.

12755694014_481f8dc68d_z.jpg

Jess was starving and asked if I would be mad if she went to get food. I said of course not, if she is hungry than she needs to eat. I didn't mind waiting alone for awhile. All of my friends were texting me after seeing photos of my costume on Instagram anyway, so I was plenty occupied while Jess was gone.

View from the line...

12754784843_95951e3688_z.jpg

She went off to Pecos Bills to get a burger and fries when Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! started, so that was entertaining to watch from my spot as well.

12755112194_42f85b1bb5_z.jpg

12754677245_f3e2088756_z.jpg

12755093974_6c991af0d1_z.jpg

Oops, I'm dead.

12754799813_1a72cb0d9f_z.jpg

Before I knew it Jess was back with her dinner and ice water for me. She sat down to eat and we took a bunch of pictures. The time flew!

I was dreading this wait for a long time and it was nothing. The excitement of the party hyped me up and made it go fast.

12754798773_f3bf8f6451_z.jpg

Again notice the contrast between my costume and Jess's. I'd like to say it represents the duality of life. The light and the darkness. The lovely and the sinister. Let's get serious... Our costumes are a statement piece, okay?

12754797443_175291e095_z.jpg

We are walking art is my point. A moving installation, if you will

12755896224_bc3b95171d_z.jpg

In this photo you can notice the Hidden Mickey on my dress!

12755103964_4b05832f1c_z.jpg

I hadn't said anything to Jess about it because I wanted her to find it on her own. I knew she would, but then I forgot about it. Suddenly she was just like "IS THERE A HIDDEN MICKEY ON YOUR DRESS?!?! OMG!!!!" hahah OF COURSE THERE IS. WHAT KIND OF PERSON WOULD I BE IF I MADE A COSTUME WITHOUT INCLUDING HIDDEN MICKEYS? Seriously.

12754671275_cc24aa987d_z.jpg

12755943824_41e8098df1_z.jpg

Here is a picture of my head piece.

12755101904_c9464ce268_z.jpg

When the party was just about to begin (OMG), everyone stood up at moved forward in line. YESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... but I have to pause here! Tune in next time when we MEET JACK AND SALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_m7a6zeGXfe1roozkr.gif

That chip and dale meet is hilarious!
Your costume is incredible! If you're doing it again I can't imagine how you would improve. Hope to see if you can top this one!

Wow! You both look amazing! And I have to say I got spooky shivers down my spine when I read that bit about the ghost being your true form and needing a living catalyst to get back to the mansion!

That chip and dale meet is hilarious!
Your costume is incredible! If you're doing it again I can't imagine how you would improve. Hope to see if you can top this one!

Wasn't it? We were cracking up!

Thank you so much... that is quite the compliment! I definitely can improve it though and I hope I get that opportunity this Halloween. I have some visions for it already, it's just a matter of putting it together which I'll probably start in the summer. If I don't get to go to Disney maybe I'll do it anyway for whatever I end up doing on Halloween.

Wow! You both look amazing! And I have to say I got spooky shivers down my spine when I read that bit about the ghost being your true form and needing a living catalyst to get back to the mansion!

Thank you! That's the idea. My Halloween updates need to be spooooky :hmghost:

WOW! You both look amazing!! Hidden Mickey=Perfection!!!

Thank you!!! :D

Your costume was so creative! I follow you on Instagram so I had seen it when you guys went to the party, but it is cool to now read the stories! Great update and I'm looking forward to more! This really seems like it was an epic trip!!

WHAT???!!!! Treat bag in AK? News to me. But yeah, since it was nearing the end of the parties, maybe they just had loads of extras. Pretty cool though.

Hahaha, the new Minnie-Mickey meet. Those travelling photos are just awesome and comical at the same time. I loved them.

Oh God Lia... Your makeup job is just simply FANTASTIC!!!! I so remember seeing the photo on twitter (and I hardly ever go on twitter), but this time it was necessary. Just FABULOUS!

I still haven’t made it over to mickey & minnies new greet in ak, but I’m sure that’ll happen next trip! Gotta cover everything we can now that we’re taking a first timer! Lol.

Too bad the food took too long and was such a process, but at least it didn’t happen AFTER waiting for the pups! Ah the gloriousness that is being able to hop on an AoA bus and just walk back to pop, it really is such a nice option!!

I’m super excited about the costumes, boo to you is my love, and I listening to so much mnsshp music last night it was fantastic! YAY!

LOVE the selfies! You look amazing!! That’s definitely a costume I want/need to do in the future! Super glad that you guys didn’t have much of a line for jack and sally and that the time didn’t drag on too much while you were waiting!

AH! SO EXCITED!

Okay, I'm totally going to go add some MNSSHP updates to my tr now bahaha

I loved being able to walk from Pop and AoA! One of the nights after MK the AoA line was swamped, so my husband and I plus my brother and his now-wife jumped over to the Pop line. It actually turned out to be the best bus ride of the entire trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter