Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle- A May '14 TR *12/3 PTR Link to Real Life News

Awesome that you went to the DIS Welcome Center!

I totally would have been starstruck too! They're Disney celebrities!

Wow, tickets to La Nouba! That's a shame that you weren't able to use them yourself though.

I am super excited about the bungalows at the Polynesian, but I'm thinking that we won't be staying there on DVC for quite some time.

Real towels in the bathroom definitely means fancy business. :thumbsup2

I absolutely take a satisfied breath when I step into a Disney park for the first time on a trip. It's one of my favorite things on any trip.

I definitely prefer the egg rolls and the fried rice sides at Yak and Yeti.

Landon's face in the meet and greet pictures is too funny. Like "stay away from me!"

AKL is a great resort! I'm looking forward to staying there again in February.

OMG, my Dad used to be the kind that didn't want to pay anyone to carry our bags. Let's just say he's stopped doing that and I am ever so grateful.

Zebra domes are so amazing! Generally I just like dessert, but those are really yum.

The Welcome Center was awesome, and we're really hoping to stop by there again in February before our cruise.

I definitely fell in love with AKL right away. Alex liked the resort, but his biggest issue was it was so far away from everything. He'd rather be closer to the parks. But he's a park commando kind of person, so I guess that makes sense.

The whole time Alex was lugging our junk I kept telling him he was being ridiculous. I mean, the Cast Members at the front desk recognized him all week and told their coworkers about him. He was the guy who'd pay to stay at a deluxe, then refuse to cough up the little bit of cash to save 30 minutes of our time. :rolleyes:

How awesome that you got an upgrade that made for a memorable, magical moment. pixiedust:

I know I'm in the minority...but I did not like zebra domes.:blush:

I'd heard about magical upgrades on other people's TRs, but I didn't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, so it was an extremely exciting moment when I got the news.
After that flooding disaster, I felt like we were given the sign that yes, we were in the right to keep our vacation.

I can see how zebra domes aren't for everyone. And hey, usually it's me in the minority. For instance, I don't like Tonga Toast or the puffed French Toast from CP, and that's like a DIS favorite.:confused3

pixiedust: What a magical start to a trip! :wizard:

It was spectacular and really made us feel special. Definitely something neither of us will ever forget.

Oh, gosh, I hope not, since that's exactly what I'm doing. :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Yay for Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! We love that place. :lovestruc Next to the Polynesian, it is our favorite place we've stayed. We had a savanna view, which we loved, so I am thrilled you got that upgrade and were able to enjoy giraffes from your balcony! It's pretty amazing to hang out on those balconies. :cloud9: Plus, I loved the room itself. As you said, the decor is great and there's good space. Glad you had a convenient location too - we were way down a long hallway.

And Zebra Domes are a requirement for starting your Animal Kingdom Lodge stay! :thumbsup2

Haha, well at least with you, you update in a timely manner. With Alex gone and me having to do the job of two parents, I am barely staying afloat on the DIS. Ten days go by and I'm like, 'Crud, I need to hash out an update." And then Landon refuses to go to bed on time, and I'm too tired to turn my computer on...:lmao:

I feel like we share resort loves. I feel like if I stayed at the Poly, I wouldn't ever want to stay anywhere else. At least, that's how I felt before the refurb. Who knows what the resort will be like after that's finished.

I was laughing to myself about Alex having to go back and forth so many times.... LOL! Our last trip we didnt use bell hop bc our room was pretty close to where we parked but the trip before- we definitely used it.. Good money spent.

Love the pics of the room- I would have been right there, acting 5- right along with you. <3

The bathroom looks especially nice.. HEHE. I am a fan of the double sink and extra room in a mod vs value.

I feel like some sort of DIS amateur, but I didn't even know there was a welcome center... Or a podcast web show... thing. But even so, I'm glad yall got to stop in and have a good time. Sounds lovely!

Oh man, I don't think I could leave Disney after that tease! Just check me into one of those resorts and I'll be fine. (If money grew on trees.) :lmao:

YESSSSS. I knew (or at least hoped) you'd be staying at AKL! I got to stay there in June and oh my goodness, it's my favorite now. No doubt. There's just something so unique and special about every single detail of that place. What an awesome dose of pixie dust to start out the trip. GIRAFFES

Also, zebra domes. Yesssss. The Mara also had this amazing zebra cupcake that you need to try if you didn't on this trip!

ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!!!!WooHoo!!

I'm trying to remember, does AKL have a parking garage? Or maybe that's for DVC? I think a lot of deluxe's have the issue of parking so far away or at least it would seem so. :(

BAHAHAHA OMG that would have been priceless to watch the CM's waving and cheering the luggage haul. :rotfl2:

Gotta love Animal Kingdom and how well it is themed. Especially if you include the Trek's it is definitely a place you can just walk around and get those Disney "feels" ... to bad it is always like 10 degrees warmer than all the other parks :rotfl2:

Cute story with the girl you rode Everest with.

It's so interesting to see toddler's view of the characters and how it evolves over time/experience with them. I do try to consider that the comparable for us would be like a 20 foot tall mouse that wanted to give you a hug so I understand when they feel less than excited. I am sure it will change on future trips.

yeah for Animal Kingdom Lodge! What a great place and so cool that you got a Savanah view as a standard view ... and GIRAFFES!!!!

Heck, I totally would have photo'd the wall light - AKL has such amazing lights! The room definitely is large - glad it worked out for you so well!

Ugh, Alicia, I'm such a bad DIS friend! First of all I missed all these awesome updates, but I also had no idea that AKL was where y'all would be staying, even though I'm certain I read your December report!:guilty:

Anyway...now, that I'm all caught up...

I laughed at the "real towels" in the bathroom thing at Contemp. I've often wondered why some resorts have those and some don't! Either way, it's pretty darn cool!

What a wonderful start to the day, heading to Animal Kingdom! I loved seeing the pics of Yak N' Yeti CS, cause I've often wondered what the offerings were there. I'll have a hard time ever pulling Mike away from Flame Tree, but maybe one day I can convince him to try it!

I totally agree with you about the paper FP thing and being able to pass that magic along to others!

I am so glad to hear how excited you were about your room at AKL! It is certainly a beautiful resort and I'm so happy that you were able to stay there. I certainly think that y'all deserved the upgrade considering what you went through prior to the trip!

And it definitely makes my heart happy to see that you loved the Zebra Domes. It always makes me sad when people say they don't like them-- I think I sometimes take it personally..hahaha!

Can't wait to read more!! :thumbsup2

Ooh next year sounds exciting! I can't wait to see what you guys decide on.
AKL how I love thee. Such a gorgeous resort. HORRAY for your room upgrade!! So cool that you got to see so many giraffes out your window!
Oh man, now I'm drooling over zebra domes. Yum!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Do as many PTR's and TR's as you want. Nobody will really give you a hard time about it until you have a half finished TR that hasn't been updated in 3 months. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I'm excited for your potential upcoming epic year of Disney. I hope number 3 is what I think it might be. And if it is where I think it is, April should be a good time to go after things re-open. :rolleyes1

I've got to say that I'm just excited about the fact that you were so excited about your room at AK. I think we all know exactly what you were talking about. Even if it isn't that moment of seeing the giraffes from the balcony, we've all had a moment like that at Disney World... and that's what keeps us coming back.

The story about your DH and the luggage kind of made me chuckle. I'm the same way. I never want to pay someone to carry my bags. Unless I'm traveling with the kids. Then I always pay bell services to haul all our crap and it is always money well spent. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I loved this update!! I totally know how you were feeling in that moment, as I'm sure it was similar to when I got to stay at WL for the first time earlier this year. Totally a "pinch me" moment! I had to laugh at Alex refusing to pay for a bellhop and having to lug all the stuff in himself. Sound EXACTLY like something Dustin would do!!! In fact, I think he did indeed do the same thing at WL but since it was a short stay he didn't have to make so many trips. :rotfl:

Yay for arriving! And double yay for the upgrade! :cool1::cool1::cool1: It sounds like you got the most perfect room! I love that entry way. How perfect.

I honestly think looking out over the savannah is one of the greatest things ever! So glad you let your inner child come out! How wonderful!

I cracked up envisioning Alex walking back and forth to the car 4 times. :rotfl2: I am sometimes guilty as well for wanting to bring in my own luggage when its not organized after changing resorts. I almost always regret it! :laughing:

Yahoo! So awesome that you can actually see giraffes from your room :thumbsup2 Also, I think that's what would sway me to upgrade, a balcony!

Poor Alex with all of the luggage! Too bad he wasn't able to unload at the front and then park and come back for it.

Haha, you're such a mom now organizing everything and putting clothes into drawers first thing :laundy: So cute!

I'm glad you liked the zebra domes, I haven't got to try them yet. I'm also easily excited and was so stoked when I saw awhile ago that they actually have new mug colours and pictures from last time I was there, I thought they never changed them!

I was laughing to myself about Alex having to go back and forth so many times.... LOL! Our last trip we didnt use bell hop bc our room was pretty close to where we parked but the trip before- we definitely used it.. Good money spent.

Love the pics of the room- I would have been right there, acting 5- right along with you. <3

The bathroom looks especially nice.. HEHE. I am a fan of the double sink and extra room in a mod vs value.

Yeah, Alex learned his lesson with the bell hop. And when I went on my birthday trip, my mom and I DEFINITELY used it.:rotfl2:

It's amazing how much space boys take up on the bathroom counters. You'd think as moms of boys, we wouldn't need double vanities. On the contrary!:lmao:

I feel like some sort of DIS amateur, but I didn't even know there was a welcome center... Or a podcast web show... thing. But even so, I'm glad yall got to stop in and have a good time. Sounds lovely!

Oh man, I don't think I could leave Disney after that tease! Just check me into one of those resorts and I'll be fine. (If money grew on trees.) :lmao:

YESSSSS. I knew (or at least hoped) you'd be staying at AKL! I got to stay there in June and oh my goodness, it's my favorite now. No doubt. There's just something so unique and special about every single detail of that place. What an awesome dose of pixie dust to start out the trip. GIRAFFES

Also, zebra domes. Yesssss. The Mara also had this amazing zebra cupcake that you need to try if you didn't on this trip!

The podcast has been around for years, but I've actually only watched it for about 2 years now, and I don't get to watch it every week. When Alex was home we were really good about putting it on in the car, but with him deployed I just forget.:confused3

Haha, yeah, I was pretty obvious with where we were staying.
Isn't AKL just amazing??? You walk in the lobby and you don't even feel like you're in Disney anymore. It's like being on two seperate vacations.

I have had that cupcake..YUM!

ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!!!!WooHoo!!

I'm trying to remember, does AKL have a parking garage? Or maybe that's for DVC? I think a lot of deluxe's have the issue of parking so far away or at least it would seem so. :(

BAHAHAHA OMG that would have been priceless to watch the CM's waving and cheering the luggage haul. :rotfl2:

Kidani Village has a parking garage, but Jambo house- the one we stayed at- did not. Just a big lot out front.

Cast Members recognized Alex all week. One of them even waved and said good morning to him, and he had to explain to me who she was. He was famous at that check-in desk. :lmao::rotfl2:

I've discovered that Alex brings a lot of humor to my Disney vacations. Even if it is at his expense...

Gotta love Animal Kingdom and how well it is themed. Especially if you include the Trek's it is definitely a place you can just walk around and get those Disney "feels" ... to bad it is always like 10 degrees warmer than all the other parks :rotfl2:

Cute story with the girl you rode Everest with.

It's so interesting to see toddler's view of the characters and how it evolves over time/experience with them. I do try to consider that the comparable for us would be like a 20 foot tall mouse that wanted to give you a hug so I understand when they feel less than excited. I am sure it will change on future trips.

yeah for Animal Kingdom Lodge! What a great place and so cool that you got a Savanah view as a standard view ... and GIRAFFES!!!!

Heck, I totally would have photo'd the wall light - AKL has such amazing lights! The room definitely is large - glad it worked out for you so well!

I wasn't disappointed that Landon didn't enjoy the meet and greet. Just took it with a grain of salt. Especially because now, he actually knows who Mickey Mouse is and would probably die of happiness if he got to meet him. (Diaper changes are always hilarious, because he see Mickey on the diaper and goes into a giggling fit.:rotfl:)

I took so many pictures of the room. At least 15 minutes' worth. I know Alex kept wandering why we had to have 20 pictures of the pillows, but he just let me indulge. As I told him, if we were in the Contemporary, he'd be doing the same thing.::yes::

Ugh, Alicia, I'm such a bad DIS friend! First of all I missed all these awesome updates, but I also had no idea that AKL was where y'all would be staying, even though I'm certain I read your December report!:guilty:

Anyway...now, that I'm all caught up...

I laughed at the "real towels" in the bathroom thing at Contemp. I've often wondered why some resorts have those and some don't! Either way, it's pretty darn cool!

What a wonderful start to the day, heading to Animal Kingdom! I loved seeing the pics of Yak N' Yeti CS, cause I've often wondered what the offerings were there. I'll have a hard time ever pulling Mike away from Flame Tree, but maybe one day I can convince him to try it!

I totally agree with you about the paper FP thing and being able to pass that magic along to others!

I am so glad to hear how excited you were about your room at AKL! It is certainly a beautiful resort and I'm so happy that you were able to stay there. I certainly think that y'all deserved the upgrade considering what you went through prior to the trip!

And it definitely makes my heart happy to see that you loved the Zebra Domes. It always makes me sad when people say they don't like them-- I think I sometimes take it personally..hahaha!

Can't wait to read more!! :thumbsup2

Haha, I think the reason there were towels in that restroom was because it was used for the conventions. Technically, we were in that area, so I'm sure that was a factor.

Alex actually doesn't like BBQ (breaks my heart, since I used to WORK in a BBQ restaurant.:rotfl2:) so we have never gotten to eat at Flame Tree before. I think I'm like you, only reversed. One day I'll break Alex away from Y & Y.:lmao:

Zebra Domes are amazing. Just wait...we eat WAY more than we probably should have. Like, it's an embarrassing amount for a trip of only 5 days.:rotfl:

Ooh next year sounds exciting! I can't wait to see what you guys decide on.
AKL how I love thee. Such a gorgeous resort. HORRAY for your room upgrade!! So cool that you got to see so many giraffes out your window!
Oh man, now I'm drooling over zebra domes. Yum!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ah, Wendy. The ENTIRE time I was reading your November TR, I was gushing over the pictures of your room. There were two or three times I almost slipped and said something like, "You're getting me so excited for my trip.":lmao: I really did feel like your room review was a preview. Loved it.

Do as many PTR's and TR's as you want. Nobody will really give you a hard time about it until you have a half finished TR that hasn't been updated in 3 months. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I'm excited for your potential upcoming epic year of Disney. I hope number 3 is what I think it might be. And if it is where I think it is, April should be a good time to go after things re-open. :rolleyes1

I've got to say that I'm just excited about the fact that you were so excited about your room at AK. I think we all know exactly what you were talking about. Even if it isn't that moment of seeing the giraffes from the balcony, we've all had a moment like that at Disney World... and that's what keeps us coming back.

The story about your DH and the luggage kind of made me chuckle. I'm the same way. I never want to pay someone to carry my bags. Unless I'm traveling with the kids. Then I always pay bell services to haul all our crap and it is always money well spent. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Let's just say, with Trip Number 3, after reading your last update, I very quickly went on-line to do some checking.:lmao:

Those moments really are what keeps us coming back. There's so many new things to experience at the parks, that the excitement never dies. And even if it does start to fade, there's always our kids that we get to watch witness those things for themselves. For example, I am simply dying to get Landon to Disney Jr Live in DHS. I just know he'd FREAK OUT.:rotfl2:

Yeah, Alex learned a valuable lesson that afternoon. But, hey, he made some CMs happy and got his workout in. Two for one.:rotfl:

I loved this update!! I totally know how you were feeling in that moment, as I'm sure it was similar to when I got to stay at WL for the first time earlier this year. Totally a "pinch me" moment! I had to laugh at Alex refusing to pay for a bellhop and having to lug all the stuff in himself. Sound EXACTLY like something Dustin would do!!! In fact, I think he did indeed do the same thing at WL but since it was a short stay he didn't have to make so many trips. :rotfl:

It's a pretty incredible feeling...walking into your dream resort room for the first time. Definitely gives you the goosebumps!

Alex was being so ridiculous.:rotfl: I guess if we were only staying for a few nights and didn't have a kid in diapers, like you guys, we probably could have skipped the bell hop, as well. But a week's worth of stuff?:rolleyes2:lmao:

Yay for arriving! And double yay for the upgrade! :cool1::cool1::cool1: It sounds like you got the most perfect room! I love that entry way. How perfect.

I honestly think looking out over the savannah is one of the greatest things ever! So glad you let your inner child come out! How wonderful!

I cracked up envisioning Alex walking back and forth to the car 4 times. :rotfl2: I am sometimes guilty as well for wanting to bring in my own luggage when its not organized after changing resorts. I almost always regret it! :laughing:

That savannah view is something else! It makes it really hard to actually get up and go to a park. I have no doubt I could take a weekend getaway to AKL and never even step in the MK. Just give me some coffee in the morning, some adult beverages in the afternoon, and that balcony and I'd be good!:lmao:

Yahoo! So awesome that you can actually see giraffes from your room :thumbsup2 Also, I think that's what would sway me to upgrade, a balcony!

Poor Alex with all of the luggage! Too bad he wasn't able to unload at the front and then park and come back for it.

Haha, you're such a mom now organizing everything and putting clothes into drawers first thing :laundy: So cute!

I'm glad you liked the zebra domes, I haven't got to try them yet. I'm also easily excited and was so stoked when I saw awhile ago that they actually have new mug colours and pictures from last time I was there, I thought they never changed them!

That balcony was one of the biggest points that Alex used in swaying me to stay deluxe. We knew we needed that "quiet" space for when Landon napped or one of us was still sleeping. It's a huge draw.

Toddlers have so much stuff that comes along with them, I had no other way of keeping up with what he needed when other than putting it away.:rotfl2:

Alex was REALLY excited that the mugs got a new design. Probably one of the reasons he bought it.

Monday, May 12th, 2014:

As wonderful as our room at AKL was, Alex was more than ready to get back out to the parks. He was getting bored just sitting around, and I was getting hungry for some dinner so without much debate we gathered our bags and the baby and headed to the bus stop.

No question as to where we both wanted to go.

The Flower and Garden Festival was finishing up that week, and we had to take full advantage of it while we could!

Our first experience with the AKL bus was great. A bus pulled up immediately and we were the only ones on it.

Dropped off, we saw one of the best sights at Walt Disney World.

f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Spaceship Earth!

Epcot has become a traditional first night park for Alex and I, and I admit, my love of the park grows every time I walk up to that sight right at the beginning of a vacation. Aside from the castle, is there much more that screams Disney??

We're in Epcot. Life is good.

One of my favorite Quick Service restaurants in located in Epcot, and thankfully it's inside Future World, so we didn't have far to walk right then.

I suppose Alex and I were walking with a purpose, because these two little old ladies flagged us down and begged us for some help. They were these sweet Canadian ladies who had ZERO sense of direction. They were looking for the Imagination Building and were standing right in front of the land. They kept pointing to Nemo going, "So it's that way, right?"

Alex pointed our location out on their map and used his hands to show them the building they were trying to reach.

"It's right over there."

"Over there?"

"Nope. That's Nemo."

"Oh, so that way."

"Yep."

And in the opposite direction they began walking. Alex had to turn them around.

Those poor women.

I hope they made it.

I have my doubts.
:rotfl2:

Either way, it amused us to no end that we appeared friendly and approachable and knowledgeable enough to be stopped for questions.

Us Disney veterans have a unique look.

The three of us walked inside the Land and headed to:

Sunshine Seasons!

It sounds crazy to love this restaurant when there are so many amazing dining locations within the World Showcase, but what can I say? The food there is always fresh and flavorful.

I sent Dad to procure the food while I hunted down a high chair and entertained Landon at a free table. That's kind of the classic "parenting" procedure at Disney. One parent goes off for food, the other babysits the kids.
Landon reached over and grabbed my phone on the table and immediately swiped up to his favorite app.

The camera.

And took this gem:

I looked so thrilled...

Alex and I don't stray on our menu selections here. I always get the amazing turkey sandwich and Alex always gets the teriyaki beef.

I don't know if it was because it was dinnertime and the place was virtually empty, but our dinner wasn't spot on like it normally is. I had way too much bread per meat ratio with little of the chipotle sauce, and Alex's beef was a little dry.

It was still good enough to eat, though. We weren't going to complain about food neither of us had to cook and clean up after.

Landon was much more pleased with his dinner of banana, puffs, food pouches, and scraps off our tray.

In a moment of pure parenting genius, I had found a way to transport Landon's bananas from the room to the parks.
I know you can buy bananas in most restaurants, but they are crazy expensive for a single one, and we had a whole bushel left over from Cape Canaveral.

I knew the fruit would get destroyed knocking around in P.I.T.A. so I wasn't sure how I was going to manage to bring them with us. Then, in as I said, a moment of brilliance, I emptied an almost finished Puff container and put a banana inside it.

A perfect fit! And it protected the fruit.

:woohoo:

I'm telling you, of all the things I've learned with taking a baby to WDW, this was one of my proudest moments.:lmao:

Anyways, dinner was consumed (NOTE: no desserts for us here.) and everyone was full and content again. Since we were inside the Land, we decided to go on a ride that Alex and I both actually really like.

f2 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Living with the Land.

I feel like this ride is underrated at Disney. It's a great attraction to visit at different times of the year, just to see what new plants are in season and what new foods have sprouted. Not to mention, those boats are pretty calming and relaxing.

I would totally put a few of these bad boys along my driveway.

They'd look awesome during the holidays with lights strewn over them, lighting up the drive.

With our ride quota for the day at a whopping 2, Alex and I felt like we needed to slow it down a bit and take it easy. Didn't want to break our December record by going on another attraction.
:rotfl:

In actuality, neither of us were rushing to do much of anything that evening. All that resort excitement (and that luggage workout) had tired us out, and we were using that night as a test run on how Landon would handle being out past his bedtime.
We kind of wanted to see if the rest of the week would mean early evenings at AKL or late nights watching shows.

Meandering out of the Land, Alex stopped at the Pin Store in front of the Fountain of Nations to check out the passholder pins.

I had quite the job of keeping up with the stroller and chasing Landon down.

After Landon walked up to a total stranger and attempted to push the home button on her iphone, which she was using to take a picture, we learned a valuable lesson.

One person takes the baby. The other person takes the stroller.

I took this picture to show that I obviously pawned the boy off, but I ended up with a photo of a Cast Member staring my camera down. Talk about dirty looks.

:lmao:

All right, enough pins, Alex, I'm ready to see some of the Flower and Garden Festival!

Despite this being our third time at the festival, the topiaries and beauty within Epcot never gets old. My breath still gets taken away when I cross over from Future World to the WS and see the flower pots on the water.

f3 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I dare say Epcot looks its best during this festival. The holiday season is bright and festive, but it doesn't compare to springtime in the park. In fact, I think my mom said it best.

"Epcot just looks bare and boring without all the flowers."

And if you've seen it as many times as we have, there's some truth to that.

Alex and I crossed over by way of the Baby Center in order to get Landon squared away. The walkway was deserted, so we allowed Landon out of the stroller to have some fun and burn off some energy.

He had a blast!

He just kept running around and dancing in circles and freaked every time another guest walked by.

Hey, you! You with the friendly face! I like you! Wanna dance? Oh, you're smiling at me...HI!!!!

People were cracking up over Landon. As evidenced by the guy in the above picture's face, Landon would shout or giggle or flap his hands- do something to elicit a reaction.

My son: the ham.

While Landon was having a blast, I decided to break away and use the restroom. I went inside the building and through the walls I could hear a baby start to wail.

Yikes.

Glad that wasn't my baby. They sounded UPSET.

I walked back out a minute later to find Alex rocking Landon, who was sporting a massive red mark right smack dab in the center of his forehead.

Oh.

I guess it was my kid.
Uh oh.

Turns out, Landon tripped and ATE IT all over the concrete.

Nothing serious, but enough to give him a wicked looking bruise for the rest of the week.

Thanks for doing that at the beginning of the trip, kiddo. Not even after the obligatory MK Castle pictures.

When I took him into the Baby Center, I tried to get a picture of the mark, but I don't think it showed up too well in the photo:

Landon's the type of kid who takes awhile to calm down once he gets worked up, so Alex and I had to camp out in the center for about twenty minutes to let the little guy decompress. Luckily, the Cast Member in there was amazing. She gave Landon stickers and chatted with us and even played a game with Landon where he'd knock over a chair and she'd direct him to another one. She was exactly what the a baby center needed in a cast member, and we told her exactly that as we left.

If we'd thought of thank you cards like so many of you have done, she would definitely have earned one.

Up Next: I Found Nirvana, and it's in this Cup

Last edited:
I hope those ladies found their way to the Imagination pavilion! If not, I'm guessing they probably ended up in Canada which might have worked out better for them anyway? :confused3:rotfl:

You deserve to be proud of your banana transport idea. I'd have never thought of it, although in hindsight, it does seem pretty obvious! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I'm sorry about Landon taking a nose dive. Thank goodness for the baby care center being right there so that you could get him settled down and back into a good mood.

I hope those ladies made it to the Imagination Pavilion - you could have just told them to head to the building that basically no one else is :rotfl:

Bummer your food at Sunshine Seasons wasn't great. On the plus side, very smart of you to reuse the puffs container! Probably lends itself to some sort of "Is that a banana in your puffs container or ...." ;)

We love Living with the Land! So much to see and it is entertaining and informative! When my kids are older I think we will definitely do the Behind the Seeds tour

"I am glad that isn't my kid" --- famous last words :rotfl: Hope he was ok though - he looks like be bounced back ok

It's like our kids know we want good pictures of them, so they do something crazy to their face right before it's time to take pictures! ;)

BAHAHAHA, yes, we Canadians do have direction issues. So sweet of you to try and help.

There is nothing odd about loving Sunshine Seasons. Nothing. It is completely unique and one of my favourite QS spots as well. Especially when you want something other than burgers and chicken nuggets. It's like my healthy stop for a trip.

Ah Flower and Garden. For the longest time I thought this was how Epcot always looked since most of my visits were during that time. Imagine my surprise the first time I saw Epcot OUT of F&G. It looks so barren.

Thank You Cards!!! YES! That is a GREAT idea!!!

Awwww, poor Landon (and his poor head!) Hope his spill didn't stop him from being a dancing machine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter