Let's talk shows and parades

mistyinca

Mouseketeer
I would love to hear some recommendations for some must-see shows and parades for a 5 day visit (park hoppers) in March 2018. We'll be coming in from So California. We're familiar with what's available at Disneyland, but this is basically a first-time visit for us (sort of). So we really don't know what all is available.

If you had 5 days, what shows would be on your don't miss list? What about special events, like is it better to do with a dessert party or special dining reservation, etc. Please post opinions and experiences.

Thanks!

Okay, so there's only ONE parade at WDW currently, the Festival of Fantasy, which is the afternoon parade at MK. It is really good though and worth seeing.

My favorite show is Fantasmic! however it's a little different from the DL version and kinda not as good (though it does have a different set and seating, which is nice).

Illuminations is something I would definitely check out at Epcot and Rivers of Light at AK is brand new and I haven't seen it yet so have no opinion on it. Also, Mk will have a new fireworks show by then, though nobody knows what it'll be like yet. It's likely to be good though. Really, you can't go wrong with most of the shows. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

There's one actual parade - Festival of Fantasy at 3 p.m. every day at Magic Kingdom. There's also a street dance party thing at MK that happens multiple times a day that functions a little more like a parade when it gets into place/heads off at the end.

Shows I love:
MK -- Mickey's Philharmagic; Projection show "Once Upon a Time" and the projection/fireworks show "Happily Ever After"
DHS -- Frozen Singalong, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular; I prefer the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular over Fantasmic at night
AK -- Lion King and Nemo

MK - parade, Mickey's Philharmagic, night time parade if there is one by then, and the fireworks
AK - Festival of the Lion King (air conditioned theater) is my absolute favorite in all 4 parks! I like Nemo but most of my family does not. I hope Rivers of Light is amazing but I haven't seen it yet. Divine is magical!
DHS - For a 1st timer Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast are a must plus all the street performers.
Epcot - Voices of Liberty in America are amazing! Most of the performers in every country are pretty good...Japan, China and Italy stand out to me.

Awesome! Is this like a theatre? Inside, sit-down, a/c? Or an open-air thing?

Thanks!

It's in a theater. It's really a lot of fun!

Fantasmic like someone said is a little different but we really love the "theater" and setting. And I also agree on Festival of Fantasy because the floats are awesome!

Okay, so there's only ONE parade at WDW currently, the Festival of Fantasy, which is the afternoon parade at MK. It is really good though and worth seeing.

My favorite show is Fantasmic! however it's a little different from the DL version and kinda not as good (though it does have a different set and seating, which is nice).

Illuminations is something I would definitely check out at Epcot and Rivers of Light at AK is brand new and I haven't seen it yet so have no opinion on it. Also, Mk will have a new fireworks show by then, though nobody knows what it'll be like yet. It's likely to be good though. Really, you can't go wrong with most of the shows. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thank you. You know. Funny thing, I have never seen Fantasmic! in full! We have always been somewhere else in the park, usually on main street. The one time we did try to see it, my son (very young at the time) had a bathroom emergency in the middle and we had to go.

There's one actual parade - Festival of Fantasy at 3 p.m. every day at Magic Kingdom. There's also a street dance party thing at MK that happens multiple times a day that functions a little more like a parade when it gets into place/heads off at the end.

Shows I love:
MK -- Mickey's Philharmagic; Projection show "Once Upon a Time" and the projection/fireworks show "Happily Ever After"
DHS -- Frozen Singalong, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular; I prefer the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular over Fantasmic at night
AK -- Lion King and Nemo

Great! Thanks! Is it worth doing any parade reserved viewing/dining reservations? How far in advance do you need to stake out a place to view? Up to 2 hours is common for most parades here at Disneyland.

And what about the Welcome show I've seen mention of? Is this an everyday thing? Where? When?

Thanks!

MK - parade, Mickey's Philharmagic, night time parade if there is one by then, and the fireworks
AK - Festival of the Lion King (air conditioned theater) is my absolute favorite in all 4 parks! I like Nemo but most of my family does not. I hope Rivers of Light is amazing but I haven't seen it yet. Divine is magical!
DHS - For a 1st timer Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast are a must plus all the street performers.
Epcot - Voices of Liberty in America are amazing! Most of the performers in every country are pretty good...Japan, China and Italy stand out to me.
Thank you! I'm going to look all these up and see where to fit them in!

I appreciate all the recomendations!

Two words - LION KING!!!

I know PP's have mentioned it but it is a must every trip, the talent is amazing!

Also - there is a rumor going around that it's ending? But if La Nouba in DSprings is still around we loved that too. I didn't know if it would hold our 6 yr old DD's attention, but she was enthralled the whole time. However, it is an additional ticket.

Hands down our family's favorite is Fantasmic! Also love Lion King and Mickey's Philharmagic. Wishes is a must do as well- not so much for the show aspect as the sentimental aspect.

Great! Thanks! Is it worth doing any parade reserved viewing/dining reservations? How far in advance do you need to stake out a place to view? Up to 2 hours is common for most parades here at Disneyland.

And what about the Welcome show I've seen mention of? Is this an everyday thing? Where? When?

Thanks!
You can grab a spot for Festival of Fantasy pretty easily 30-60 minutes ahead, sometimes less. You definitely don't need to pay for parade viewing.

The welcome show is at MK's castle stage at 8:55 am.

Fantasmic was a one and done for our family, not a favorite for sure.
I love the Lion King at AK.
We love Illuminations in Epcot - way more than just fireworks. You can catch it from almost anywhere around the lake.
I am looking forward to the new Fireworks show replacing Wishes.
Rivers of Light is getting great reviews. We will spring for a dinner package for this
Good Luck

I agree with Lion King at AK. Also, it's worth spending time in WS at Epcot and seeing the different shows the different countries put on. China has a pretty good acrobat show, Morocco has a music group, Japan has drummers, back of GB is a group that does sort of retro British groups like Rolling Stones, who knows what's on the Canada stage right now and I'm not sure what they are doing in Italy now that the Flag throwers are gone. All will be listed on a times guide.

Awesome! Is this like a theatre? Inside, sit-down, a/c? Or an open-air thing?

Thanks!

France's movie is sit down inside, a/c. Just great to relax.
Canada's movie is inside a/c, leaning bars, so you stand, but lean. China's movie is the same way.

America's show is great too at Epcot. Inside, a/c, sit down. It uses animatronics with different sets.

We'll be coming in from So California. We're familiar with what's available at Disneyland, but this is basically a first-time visit for us (sort of).

This was us as well!

Highly recommend the Star Wars fireworks at HS. We skipped Fantasmic! so we could snag a good spot since we'd seen it a Disneyland. Also, both DH and I loved the Frozen Singalong at HS. He is NOT a Frozen fan, but loved it because of the "historian" hosts. They reminded us of the Genie from the old Aladdin show at DCA. So hilarious!

I really liked the Finding Nemo musical at AK. It's so beautiful, and the performers are so talented. Definitely worth the time.

Carousel of Progress at MK! It's pure Walt magic, with a heavy dose of nostalgia, and you'll be singing that song all day. :)

I would recommend the American Adventure show in Epcot, Flights of Wonder bird show in Animal Kingdom (as well as Lion King and Nemo shows). Illunimations fireworks at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter