Let's Talk 1-Bedroom Villas. What Is Your Favorite??

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Hi all. For our next trip, we will be ready to "graduate" to a 1-Bedroom villa. I like the idea of a full kitchen, in-room washer and dryer, and the King size bed. Where has been your favorite 1-Bedroom set up or location for your family and why?? We have stayed in studios at BWV 3 times, SSR once, and once in a 2-Bedroom at OKW, but have NO experience at the others. Thanks for the input!

AKV-Kidani and BLT have a second full bathroom that comes with their 1BR, and that's a very nice amenity.

Aside from that, we have found all the 1BRs to be fine for us and similar. We've stayed in all of them at WDW except CCV.

I would stay at my home resort. Where do you own or are you renting? Do you have kids, if so ages? Which park (s) do you plan to visit most?

AKV-Kidani and BLT have a second full bathroom that comes with their 1BR, and that's a very nice amenity.

Aside from that, we have found all the 1BRs to be fine for us and similar. We've stayed in all of them at WDW except CCV.

This is us, too, except we have not stayed in a 1 bedroom at Grand Floridian or CCV.

GFV one bedroom is very luxurious, but it has a stackable washer and dryer. OKW one bedroom is spacious as everything with full sized washer and dryer (and full sized kitchen), but not as luxurious as GFV. So, those are probably my favorites.

As far as the villa itself, DH and I love the OKW 1 BR villas best. Can't beat the size and the separate laundry room. Also, the large outside balcony with the full size table.

We love all of the one bedrooms, but now that my boys are older we only do one bedrooms with the extra bath. If we stay anywhere without two, we get a two bedroom. It really wasn’t a problem at all until they were teenagers.

We love the 1BR villas with the sleeper chair and sleeper sofa. We have three college kids and never know if they can join us so it's nice to have option for them all to come. Also like having the second bathroom and conserving points so AKV Kidani covers all and OKW covers sleeper chair and saving points. OKW is spacious too and has laundry room and full sized kitchen table. BLT has sleeper chair and second bath but we have not stayed in one due to high point cost.

My wife, myself, and our 3 year old love the Beach Club or the Grand Floridian 1 bedroom villas. The theming of the resort & rooms, the pools, and the proximity to the theme parks just make it the ideal resort for us. Don't get me wrong....I also love Animal Kingdom, Old Key West, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, and Wilderness Lodge...but if GF or BCV are available, they would be my first choice. :yay:

I think the Grand Cal is my favorite 1BR followed by Aulani.

What I like about these:
  • The Grand Cal 1BR has two bathrooms.
  • Neither location has the awkward "triangle bathroom layout with two doors." How confusing and wasteful is this layout? Both the Grand Cal and Aulani bathroom layouts offers greater privacy than most DVC layouts.
  • Both can seat ~6 at the dining table.

I've stayed at VGF, AKV (kidani) and BCV in 1 BRs.

If I'm basing it solely on the room itself, then VGF is by far the most luxurious. AKV certainly feels the largest of the three and I do like its decor. The master bath is quite large, and the extra bathroom can be useful.

The rooms at BCV are nothing special -- and the doors going to the bedroom, bathroom, living room are very awkward.

Balconies at AKV are the largest. VGF has some nice views (we had standard and could watch the monorail and see the lake and Poly) with decent sized balconies.

BCV balconies vary in shape and size -- so you have no idea what you'll get.

If you haven't done so already -- go on youtube and look at videos for each of the 1 BR units. You can get a really good feel for each one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts