Let's go to our Happy Place! March 2019 Girls Trip COMPLETED! 8/6 New TR link! 8/9

ariane37

Dis veteran
That's terrible about the gift shop and I'm glad Disney listened to you, even though as you said it doesn't take away the memory. But on to your HS day which so far looks great!

I had the grown up lemonade from Woody's the first time we went to TSL and I agree it's delicious! I'm the same with lemonade, it's usually too tart but not that one. And I've never seen the suitcase for the PP pics, love it!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
Yummy!

Great HS day! I'm so sorry about the incident with the cashier at Yacht Club. That behavior is totally uncalled for. I'm glad Disney made an attempt to make it right.
Yeah it was definitely the best outcome for the situation but I definitely would have rather just paid the money and not treated like that! lol

What a terrible experience at The YC gift shop! How rude of the CM, I just don’t get it!! I’m sorry you and your mom had to go through this!
I love your black spirit jersey, so cute!
I want to try Woody’s Lunchbox for lunch, the totchos sound very yummy and the adult lemonade looks yummy!
It was the strangest thing I've ever experience in Disney!!! But at least the spirit jerseys were cute lol

The totchos and the adult lemonade were very good!!

That is such a bummer that it was your last expirence there as well. Sounds like she was just a weird CM...
Yeah it was so strange!! If it had just been the following I probably would have let it go but between grabbing the shirt out of my Moms hand and then the hard time about the AP discount I was at my wits end! There's just no reason for it!

Glad they tried to make it up, at least.
Yeah, they got the money back anyway lol

Ha! I feel like if that happens, you have to accept the food even if it is cold.
I think the CMs offered it without them asking? It had been sitting a LONG time lol like they must have hit I'm here when they entered the park! lol

I love the grown up lemonade!!!!!
So delish!

So sorry for the bad experience.
Thanks, I'm just more mad that its the last thing that happened to us at the Yacht Club!

Very cute!
Thank you!

I can't wait to try this. Fingers crossed we get FPs.
I hope so!!

Those ears are so cute!
Thank you!

What a small world.
It really is!

I was just thinking how cute it was.
Right? I don't always love the props they have for photos but this was cute!

Oh my goodness, I would be SO upset!!!! What a terrible experience and especially on your mom's special trip. I am glad Disney made it right but that should NOT have happened!
Exactly! I would have much rather paid the money and not been treated that way. It was truly terrible!

Slinky is super fun!
Love Slinky!

Exactly waht I had in March and I loved it! Still have to try the totchos and adult lemonade though!
They were both yum!

How nice is that! :goodvibes
It really was a nice meet up! Especially since her kids were so young when they moved it was nice to see them again too!

I hadn't even seen these until this update and they are SO cute, 10/10 great purchase and will be keeping an eye out for them in August!
Right?? I don't love the black ones with just the white writing so when I saw these ones I knew I needed it!

This whole interaction made me cringe and fume at the same time. Completely unacceptable CM behavior from start to finish. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, I would have LOST IT. That's such an upsetting experience to end your time at the YC with.

I'm really, really glad you emailed someone about the rude CMs you saw at the YC. This is at least the third TR I've read in the past month where someone had a bad experience with at least one frontline CM somewhere at this resort. If the behavior from CMs is this notorious, it's time for Disney to intervene and change the management there.
The sad thing is that I ran back into the lobby to try to talk to someone (I told my Mom I needed to use the bathroom) and no one cared. They said oh I'm sorry, that's too bad and sent me on my way. That's what really put me over the edge, they definitely need to retrain their employees there or something because everyone spends far too much their to be treated like that! I was on the verge of tears that day and when they called me to talk about the situation. At least they did something but I really hope they took her and moved her to a position where she is not dealing with customers.

Onto happier things. This is the cutest photo ever!!!
Thank you!!

That's my pet peeve too!!!! Don't say you're here if you're still on Midway Mania and then ask for your food to be re-made because it's cold by the time you get there!!!
Right?? Their food sat there forever too. I wish there was like a radius you would have to be in to say I'm here but I guess that would probably include TSM and still cause issues! lol

I was so sure you were going to say when she took it off, her other shirt rode up and the CM got an eyeful.
Haha now that would have been more reason for the CM to be mad at us for no reason! lol

:sad2:
Not cool. At all.
Nope!!

Oh come on.

I might have turned to mom and said "Can I borrow your cash/card/MB so I can pay for this?" then turn to the CM and say "Is that okay with you? Or do you need a signed affidavit?"
I've literally never heard this rule ever. And I was on the verge of saying something like that but I was really trying to just get through the transaction without my head blowing off because I was LIVID

Sorry that happened.

Glad you were recompensed... but yeah... shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Thanks, but yeah definitely would have been happier just paying the $200 than dealing with that!!

Interesting. Never encountered that. I thought there was something that wouldn't allow you to say "here" until you were close by. Maybe not.
I think there might be? But they were probably still on a ride in TSL or something lol either way he called out for them for quite a long time before they showed up to cold food! lol

Yikes…that's awful! Very nice of Disney to send you the gift card, though!
It was definitely nice to get something, especially since they got it back from me already lol

So cute! I haven't seen that little suitcase before.
I thought it was adorable!

What an icky way to say goodbye to YC! Glad Disney did something to make it right, though.
Yeah it was really SUCH a shame because we had just been on such a high from how amazing our stay was and then that happened lol at least it made going to another resort easier! haha

Looks like a fun morning in HS. We never got a chance to try Woody's lunchbox but it looks tasty.
Its a great QS option in DHS!

That's terrible about the gift shop and I'm glad Disney listened to you, even though as you said it doesn't take away the memory. But on to your HS day which so far looks great!
Thankfully DHS was a great turnaround to our day! Even with the chill in the air!

I had the grown up lemonade from Woody's the first time we went to TSL and I agree it's delicious! I'm the same with lemonade, it's usually too tart but not that one. And I've never seen the suitcase for the PP pics, love it!
Right?? It's so good!!

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
Haha now that would have been more reason for the CM to be mad at us for no reason! lol
:rolleyes1
I've literally never heard this rule ever. And I was on the verge of saying something like that but I was really trying to just get through the transaction without my head blowing off because I was LIVID
:hug:
I think there might be? But they were probably still on a ride in TSL or something lol either way he called out for them for quite a long time before they showed up to cold food! lol
Glad they had to wait, after.

• Verstehen

I break for the Nautilus
    I've had that pulled on me when I was trying to let my sister use my AP discount. The lady basically threw a fit. Wonder if it was the same person, lol. I think it is technically a rule, but one that's applied sparingly, probably if the cashier decides they're having a bad day. Sorry that happened to you and I hope the rest of your trip was great!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    I've had that pulled on me when I was trying to let my sister use my AP discount. The lady basically threw a fit. Wonder if it was the same person, lol. I think it is technically a rule, but one that's applied sparingly, probably if the cashier decides they're having a bad day. Sorry that happened to you and I hope the rest of your trip was great!
    I mean if it is a rule it isn't listed ANYWHERE lol (believe me I looked after the incident and found nothing!) I've actually been told it again more recently and it was my cc I was trying to use, it just had my maiden name on it. I mean how many Cloe's in the world are there? lol! The cashier called over a manager and the manager didn't care at all. So I think its something cashiers just like to come up with like you said, when they are having a bad day! lol but thankfully the rest of our trip was super fun!

Woth2982

DIS Veteran
    Whew! Finally caught up! June is quite possibly the busiest month at my job, and then we go right into month end close! So no Dis Time! So rude! I should file an OSHA complaint!

I am so sorry you got such rude service at the Yacht Club gift shop! There is no need for that kind of behavior. The only time there has ever been an issue with a discount, is when it is a CM discount, my CM friend would have to "buy" the item for me, but I could let a friend use an AP discount. Maybe she was new?

I still have yet to ride Slinky Dog! Hoping the add after hours for the fall. I have not checked the schedule though. Such a bummer the weather was cooler than anticipated. I have had that happen. When I went in 2010 they had record lows! It was colder in Florida than in Boston!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Whew! Finally caught up! June is quite possibly the busiest month at my job, and then we go right into month end close! So no Dis Time! So rude! I should file an OSHA complaint!
    You should! haha sucks when work gets in the way of the DIS!

I am so sorry you got such rude service at the Yacht Club gift shop! There is no need for that kind of behavior. The only time there has ever been an issue with a discount, is when it is a CM discount, my CM friend would have to "buy" the item for me, but I could let a friend use an AP discount. Maybe she was new?
    Maybe! I mean the CM discount makes way more sense but I'm pretty sure a lot of people get one person in their group an AP just to get the discounts so it seemed weird! lol It seemed like she was probably just in a bad mood and didn't like my Mom for some reason lol

I still have yet to ride Slinky Dog! Hoping the add after hours for the fall. I have not checked the schedule though. Such a bummer the weather was cooler than anticipated. I have had that happen. When I went in 2010 they had record lows! It was colder in Florida than in Boston!
    You definitely need to! I'm hoping they bring the AHs parties back in the Fall for DHS, but I think right now they stop in August!

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Day 5 Part 2 Monday, March 18th

When I left off we were heading to Tower of Terror!

Not quite the 13 minute wait from After Hours. If you can’t read it, it says 115 minutes!

Praise be fastpasses! We were happy we got the back row again, definitely our favorite spot!

After TOT we were feeling a pick-me-up so we made our way over to Starbucks. We still had our babybel cheeses left over from lunch so they made a nice light snack!

Fastpasses were a bear to get during this trip with refresh (I think because it was Texas' Spring Break week!), but I was able to get one for Star Tours so we made our way over.

Jedi training was going on while we entering the line which was a cool perspective on the show!

I’ve skipped Star Tours the last few trips so it was fun to do it again!

I was really hoping one of us would get to be the rebel spy but no such luck! I actually have been picked before but I have zero idea what I did to get picked and haven’t been that lucky again!

Does anyone else wonder what the ride vehicles must look like while the ride is in motion? It has to look insane for some of the feelings the ride gives you! Riding again definitely reignited my excitement for the new rides in SWGE!

My Mom was actually surprised that the ride didn’t make her feel nauseous like it normally does. In fact, a lot of the rides that usually make her feel a bit queasy weren’t affecting her this trip and the only thing we could come up with was that the cooler weather (and it was pretty chilly) was helping!

We stopped in the gift shop after the ride to pick up some souvenirs for my brother, Calista’s bf and my best friend's son. I wanted to find some sort of “weapon” to get him because he loves nerf guns and the best I could come up with was a light saber haha I feel like the Star Wars giftshop usually has some pretty decent souvenir finds!

They had a fun photopass at the exit to the giftshop so we stopped to do it. I think it was probably for children but whatevs

PS fake nails are not conducive to holding a light saber! Guess I'll never be a Jedi haha

My Mom and I really wanted to meet Mike and Sulley so we made our way over there next. The line was quoted about 45 minutes but we had already done all of our must do rides at that point and fastpasses were nonexistent for things we would want them for so we just decided to wait. Plus, it was fun to look at the models while we waited!

It was a very slow moving wait lol very much like the Joy and Sadness meet!

INSERT LINE PICS

But it was totally worth it! Mike and Sulley were awesome!

Sulley loved my Mom’s ears. We had so much fun!

After we were done meeting Mike and Sulley we had a conversation about possibly heading out for the day. We had done pretty much everything except for Toy Story Mania. Well, we ended up deciding that we really wanted to do TSM so we were going to wait in line!

Except I got distracted on our way over because I remembered I wanted to try the Jack Jack cookie and take pictures with the new walls!

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of the cookie. Me and my Mom split it and we still couldn’t even come close to finishing it. It was fun to get but not something that I’m in a hurry to get again! (I also can't begin to imagine how messy the cookie would be on a hot day! It was melty as it was!)

While we were munching on our cookie we had a bit of a show with Frozone cleaning up spilled popcorn lol

There was a family let their kids run at the Incredible themed walls full force and when I asked if I could take a picture in front of the walls they definitely looked at me like I was the crazy one lol

These are definitely a fun addition to the area!! We had so much fun taking these pictures!

After our visit to Metropolis we made our way over to Toy Story Mania. I think the wait was quoted at an hour but we only waited 30 minutes so I’m definitely glad we waited!

Calista and I rode together this time so I could show her the volcano move. She was actually beating me most of the ride but I somehow pulled through in the end and won. I wish I had been snapping pics of our scores throughout the ride because I swear Calista’s end score was actually lower than the last score we saw. So that was interesting! And made me question my skillz hahaha

It was finally time to leave the crowd and Hollywood Studios behind! And time to check into our new resort for one night!

**This will be my last update for about a week because I'm heading to Aruba tomorrow with DH for our two year anniversary! You can follow along on insta @cloe_girl1 and @cloeanddanvlogs Talk to you all soon!**

Last edited:

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
    Jedi training was going on while we entering the line which was a cool perspective on the show!

Calista's scrunchie, nails, and spirit jersey together... issa whole vibe.

I was really hoping one of us would get to be the rebel spy but no such luck! I actually have been picked before but I have zero idea what I did to get picked and haven’t been that lucky again!
    Wait, you've been the rebel spy before?!?! That's awesome!!!

They had a fun photopass at the exit to the giftshop so we stopped to do it. I think it was probably for children but whatevs

These are so cute!!!

But it was totally worth it! Mike and Sulley were awesome!

I love these so much!!!!

YES!!! These are SO much fun!!!!

Have the BEST time in Aruba!!!

suse66

Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!
    Praise be fastpasses! We were happy we got the back row again, definitely our favorite spot!
    It is the best!
    After TOT we were feeling a pick-me-up so we made our way over to Starbucks. We still had our babybel cheeses left over from lunch so they made a nice light snack!
    Perfect!
    Fastpasses were a bear to get during this trip with refresh (I think because it was Texas' Spring Break week!), but I was able to get one for Star Tours so we made our way over.
    Texas was there my week too!
    My Mom was actually surprised that the ride didn’t make her feel nauseous like it normally does. In fact, a lot of the rides that usually make her feel a bit queasy weren’t affecting her this trip and the only thing we could come up with was that the cooler weather (and it was pretty chilly) was helping!
    I can't believe how the weather changed....it was so hot and sunny for me the week before.
    My Mom and I really wanted to meet Mike and Sulley so we made our way over there next. The line was quoted about 45 minutes but we had already done all of our must do rides at that point and fastpasses were nonexistent for things we would want them for so we just decided to wait. Plus, it was fun to look at the models while we waited!
    Loved that meet last week!
    I’ll be honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of the cookie. Me and my Mom split it and we still couldn’t even come close to finishing it. It was fun to get but not something that I’m in a hurry to get again! (I also can't begin to imagine how messy the cookie would be on a hot day! It was melty as it was!)
    Bill and I split this last week and we really enjoyed it.
    These are definitely a fun addition to the area!! We had so much fun taking these pictures!
    Those pictures re awesome!
    **This will be my last update for about a week because I'm heading to Aruba tomorrow with DH for our two year anniversary! You can follow along on insta @cloe_girl1 and @cloeanddanvlogs Talk to you all soon!**
    Hope you have a wonderful anniversary trip!

• vamassey1

DIS Veteran
    TOT is my favorite thrill ride! Back row is the best.

I’ve skipped Star Tours the last few trips so it was fun to do it again!
    I'm one and done on this. I rode it the first time we went in 1999 and haven't been back. Makes me way to dizzy. I would love to know how your Mom was able to not be as dizzy this trip.

I feel like the Star Wars giftshop usually has some pretty decent souvenir finds!
    Perfect souvenirs for guys.

I bet he did. The pictures are great and so fun looking.

Except I got distracted on our way over because I remembered I wanted to try the Jack Jack cookie and take pictures with the new walls!
    Two very good reasons to get distracted.

More fun photos. I can't wait to explore this area and get some too.

Happy Anniversary! Have a great trip!

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
    How nice that you mom was feeling better on the rides than she normally does.

Looks like a fun morning in HS. The Monters Inc wait is long but so worth it.

Have fun in Aruba!

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
    Hey Cloe...Just in case you're popping into the DIS during vaca, just wanted to let you know the Frozen Dessert Party tix were released this morning for September... :love:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News