Let's go to our Happy Place! March 2019 Girls Trip COMPLETED! 8/6 New TR link! 8/9

Lesley Wake

Bright Suns
I tried to not book any this year...but failed haha but you won't be back until they are over right?? So no need to be tempted! lol
Nope! I am doing the DCA Halloween party though. And hoping to try and catch some of the Christmas entertainment at MK on Dec 30th (they do the parade and shows during the day then).

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Well at least it was St. Patty’s day in Disney for us this day! haha We had been to Disney once before on St. Pattys day a long time ago and they didn’t really do much then and they still don’t really do anything now!
So funny. We are going next St. Patrick's Day but I guess I won't be expecting anything much! I am a LOT Irish, but I don't really do anything here to celebrate either. I find our SPD parade boring and drinking all day is not my thing, which is part of the appeal for a lot of people, I think. I guess doing nothing in WDW is better than doing nothing at home :goodvibes

They discontinued the scent of bath salts that my Mom liked but she decided to just make a vile of random scents since she just likes using them! Well, be warned that on one side of the door is bath salts and the other is candle wax lmao lets just say my Mom brought home about 1/8 of candle wax in hers! I’m sure she could have talked to the castmember and started over but she just decided to keep it as is and move on haha

I swear on my life that I didn't notice the sign in this picture until I was typing this up! lol
Oh, no! They put wax chips right next to the bath salts??

Anyone else excited to see what the MNSSHP ride layover for the People Mover will be like??
:sad::sad::sad:

I'm so bummed we aren' going this October! It seems like there's so much cool new stuff!

We did have a bit of a FP wait here only to get to the turnstiles to find out we were ten minutes early. So the CM had us get out of line until our time. Which I get…but you can technically tap in 5 minutes early so we were really only 5 minutes early lol she was definitely just having a bad day to not just wave us on through! (And it was a total mistake on our part, we weren’t trying to be shady!)
That happened to us in May on Splash Mountain. We tried asking to get on a little early because we wanted to head out of the park right after. The CM…Kelly (funny how I remember her name!) was like a drill sergeant and not budging even a little bit.

I was DETERMINED to not get wet so I went so far as to pull my hood completely over my face! Lol and it worked!

I do the same thing ::yes::

My Mom also has a bit of night blindness so for her the room would be very uncomfortable to have a whole meal in.
I think it's an old person thing…and I'm including myself in that scenario! I hate how dark the WW is. We sat in there once and my mom and I could barely read the menu!

The food was amazing, the atmosphere was outstanding, everything was A+! Well, maybe the dessert service could have been faster but it was kind of nice to not feel rushed through our meal, especially considering the cost!
I think maybe we'll have to go back and try this place again. We haven't been since they changed the menu and it seems to get better reviews now.

Calista REALLY wanted to do Space Mountain again and at that time, we had no future trips planned (we now have one booked for May 2020! Woo another girls trip!)
Fun! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

So we left the park, when everyone else was still trying to leave the park. The lines for the monorail were crazy but so were the lines for the Ferry and the Minnie Van app was telling me it couldn’t pick up from MK? (apparently this is what it always does? I should have confirmed with a cast member but I didn’t). So we got in line for the monorail.

Basically we had a terrible monorail experience and reminds me just how crazy people can get at the “magic” kingdom lol From now on I will be figuring out Minnie Vans or walking over to the Contemporary to catch a lyft because those end of the night people are just too much for me!
I'm so excited to be staying at BLT again next March and July for this reason alone. It is such a pain leaving the MK at night when you're staying anywhere else :crazy2:

About five minutes after I went in she came in to tell me that one of the boats from the Yacht Club had disconnected from the dock and was floating away!

Oh, no! I've never seen that happen before!

• suse66

Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!
    Well at least it was St. Patty’s day in Disney for us this day! haha We had been to Disney once before on St. Pattys day a long time ago and they didn’t really do much then and they still don’t really do anything now! Which surprises me with Disney kind of leaning towards celebrating all the holidays but maybe because this holiday is heavily centered on drinking they pass? Either way we were going to dress up and celebrate the luck of the Irish! (which I’m like 2% Irish according to Ancestry DNA :rotfl: )
    St Patrick's is always fun!
    Calista was still looking for a traditional eggs benedict so she ordered that and me and my Mom just went with the Floridian breakfast which is just a traditional breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage and a cheese biscuit!
    Looks great!
    It was time for a bathroom break and on our way over to the bathrooms by City Hall I noticed that Snow White had no one waiting for her! I walked over to the character attendant and asked if the line had been closed and it hadn’t! So of course we had to meet her!
    I completely forgot about Snow White meeting at MK!
    We stopped for another PP closer to the castle (thank goodness since we didn't get any with the whole castle with the other photographer lol) and we actually had her on our October trip. As we were walking up this girl booked it in front of us and claimed the photographer to be hers next. Which whatever, I’ve come to realize that Disney turns some people into rude monsters and there’s nothing that can be done about that! But the CM must have seen this happen because she basically ignored the girl and her bf/husband until I told her that they were waiting. I mean I’m all for letting them wait a bit but at that point it was just delaying our picture too!
    Some people are just too much!
    I snagged the front this time after finding out how much I love it on our October trip.
    Fun!
    Our next stop was Philharmagic since its one of me and my Mom’s favorites. Thankfully, my eyes adjusted better to the screen this time and I actually enjoyed it! Although with Disneyland getting Philharmagic I wonder if WDW’s will be getting a refresh soon too? Would seem silly for DLR to bring over a pretty dated attraction no matter how much it is adored!
    We did Philarmagic last week for the first time in a few years and really enjoyed it!
    So we used the bathroom and then hopped back in line lol I was excited because we all got the Ziploc bags! It was nearly 4:30 in the afternoon too so they must be stocking more now!
    Oh! I have never seen those.....so cute!
    A nice long line usually gives me and Calista a chance to look through our photos and edit our favorites, take a poll for which ones are instaworthy. You know the usual millennial thoughts! (although I think Calista is like gen y or x or something but basically the same thing! Lol)
    Calista would be Gen Z, she is pretty close in age to my oldest.
    She apparently went to the same school of photography as DH. And completely left out the beasts castle from my pics hahaha (does anyone else feel like they always get great shots of everyone else and then its your turn to be in the photo and they either take like one picture or its just not good? My life lol) thankfully she realized what I wanted and took some more!
    My DH is the same! He took a few pics last week that I was like did you not look at the angle or my hair or anything???
    Our steaks were SO good! We were both very happy with the way the steak was cooked and the flavors of our steaks. My Mom cleared her plate and I very nearly did as well!
    Looks great!
    Overall, we were very pleased with our dinner here. I would 100% come back to do dinner here again. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was outstanding, everything was A+! Well, maybe the dessert service could have been faster but it was kind of nice to not feel rushed through our meal, especially considering the cost! Speaking of cost, I think we were reminded at least three or four different times that the meal was a set price and they would tell us the cost. So I’m thinking they may have had a few mishaps since the change where people didn’t know that the meal was a set cost! They did take TIW which was a decent discount. I know some people have had less than stellar experiences here, and maybe our palates are less refined than theirs, but we enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your meals!
    I was able to snag another immediate fastpass for Peter Pan after Haunted Mansion. I was super excited to get this FP since its one of my Mom’s favorites and the last few trips I haven’t been able to get a FP for it!
    Love PPF!
    Basically we had a terrible monorail experience and reminds me just how crazy people can get at the “magic” kingdom lol From now on I will be figuring out Minnie Vans or walking over to the Contemporary to catch a lyft because those end of the night people are just too much for me!
    That's why I love the launches at the end of the night. Anything to get away from the crazy monorail people!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    So funny. We are going next St. Patrick's Day but I guess I won't be expecting anything much! I am a LOT Irish, but I don't really do anything here to celebrate either. I find our SPD parade boring and drinking all day is not my thing, which is part of the appeal for a lot of people, I think. I guess doing nothing in WDW is better than doing nothing at home :goodvibes
    Haha yeah I wouldn't hold your breath!! I think because we are near Buffalo which has like the second biggest celebration in the States second to like Chicago it feels weird to not see much haha but I don't really care about the drinking, just was happy to have a reason to dress up!! haha

Oh, no! They put wax chips right next to the bath salts??
    Well they were on the other side of the door haha but they used to all be bath salts which is why my Mom got confused!

:sad::sad::sad:

I'm so bummed we aren' going this October! It seems like there's so much cool new stuff!
    I'm excited to check out the party! I was a little bummed that it seemed like the overlays from last year weren't happening but we got to do those during Villains AH so I'm excited for the new ones!

That happened to us in May on Splash Mountain. We tried asking to get on a little early because we wanted to head out of the park right after. The CM…Kelly (funny how I remember her name!) was like a drill sergeant and not budging even a little bit.
    Yes exactly! I bet it was the same girl lol

I do the same thing ::yes::
    Totally have to!

I think it's an old person thing…and I'm including myself in that scenario! I hate how dark the WW is. We sat in there once and my mom and I could barely read the menu!
    Yeah she wouldn't have been able to read or really see in there. So I'm glad I asked to move!!

I think maybe we'll have to go back and try this place again. We haven't been since they changed the menu and it seems to get better reviews now.
    We really enjoyed it!

I cant wait!

I'm so excited to be staying at BLT again next March and July for this reason alone. It is such a pain leaving the MK at night when you're staying anywhere else :crazy2:
    DH and I LOVED staying at the Contemporary in June for this reason! Makes life so much easier!!

Oh, no! I've never seen that happen before!
    It was kinda crazy!!!

St Patrick's is always fun!
    Definitely!

Looks great!
    I definitely should have ordered the eggs benedict! haha

I completely forgot about Snow White meeting at MK!
    I think a lot of people do!! Shes just so tucked away!

Some people are just too much!
    They really are lol

We did Philarmagic last week for the first time in a few years and really enjoyed it!
    I like it when my eyes can adjust haha sometimes depending on where I sit I feel like I have to be nearly cross eyed the whole time! lol

Oh! I have never seen those.....so cute!
    Aren't they?? I really should have taken better care of it! lol

Calista would be Gen Z, she is pretty close in age to my oldest.
    Thats what I thought! haha

My DH is the same! He took a few pics last week that I was like did you not look at the angle or my hair or anything???
    I know!! Like any sort of help would be appreciated here lol

Looks great!
    Everything was really good!

That's why I love the launches at the end of the night. Anything to get away from the crazy monorail people!
    Yeah it was so insane. Never again!!

Cute St. Patty's Day photos. :) Glad you had such a fun day!
    Thanks!!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Day 5 Part 1 Monday, March 18th

It was our last morning at the Yacht Club and we were all ready sad to be leaving. Even though we still had one more night at an equally beautiful resort we had really come to love the Yacht Club and our room and view so we were all a bit sad to pack up and leave.

[

We were definitely taking our time in getting ready this morning!

We eventually called down to bell services to come up and grab our luggage. We were going to have Disney transport it for us but in the end since we had our own car we decided just to transfer it ourselves. They were super prompt and were up in about ten minutes to bring the luggage down.

On our way out, we wanted to stop in the gift shop just one more time. My Mom and I wanted to get the black spirit jerseys with the sequined letters and we had only seen them in the Yacht Club gift shop. So we walked in and were shopping around, my Mom tried the spirit jersey on over her shirt to see if it fit and took it off and then looked around for a keychain to get for my brothers girlfriend.

Well, the cashier at the Yacht Club gift shop followed my Mom around THE WHOLE TIME. We were the only three people in the whole store so if she suspected us of potentially stealing she could have easily watched us from her spot behind the counter instead of what she did. And when my Mom was still looking she basically ripped the shirt from my Mom’s hands and said she could hold onto it while we continued to shop, again because she apparently thought my Mom was about to bolt out of the store with it? Well, we ignored all that and then went to cash out.

We were hoping to make change for the kind Bell Service CM who had lugged our luggage down from our room so my Mom went to put the keychain separate from the spirit jerseys and was going to pay in cash. I pulled out my annual pass to get the discount and the CM proceeded to scold me that if I was using my AP discount I needed to be the one paying. A. I’ve never seen that as a rule anywhere, only that you can’t be purchasing things with the intent to resell (which this obviously wasn’t) B. She was telling me this for a keychain where the discount came out to barely more than $2 and C. I explained to her that she was my Mom and she was holding my cash. It was so beyond uncalled for, I was fuming. Like she’s already made my Mom uncomfortable once by following her around the store and now this? My Mom doesn’t even look shady!

And that’s the memory that we had to walk out of the Yacht Club with. Being treated like we were unwelcome trash for using a discount that I am entitled to use!

I will confess that as we left the Yacht Club I did write management an email explaining the unkind experiences we had during our stay. I can tell you out of all the times I stayed at Pop for a 4th of the price, I never ever felt treated that way. And on top of the fact that this trip was to celebrate my Mom’s birthday and ultimately ended up being a way to get her mind off of my Grandpa passing and I was just so unhappy. (If you don’t know this about me, I am fiercely protective of those that I love. So don’t come for my Momma.) Thankfully, Disney did try to make it right (as much as they could, they can’t take the memory away unfortunately) and offered us a $200 giftcard which basically covered our purchases from that afternoon. I am glad that I wrote to them but it shouldn’t even have to come to that. It won't stop me from staying here again but it does still suck that it even had to happen.

Oh well, on to happier things!

We were heading back to Hollywood Studios today! When we pulled in they had the gondolas all sitting on the line but they weren’t moving. I was hoping we would get to catch some of the testing but no such luck! (I still haven't seen them moving in person!)

My Mom and Calista wanted to take the tram in even though it really only saved one stop of walking but I didn’t really care either way and we still had time until our first fastpass so why not!

I always seem to time my entrance into Hollywood Studios as the march is starting (RIP). Or it just happens a lot lol but that’s okay but I actually really love it. I love that it is cool, quick and you don’t have to line up forever to get a spot to see it!

We managed to get pictures with a photopass before the March came back.

Sidenote - we all expected it to be a bit warmer in Disney so when the the cooler temps hit the spirit jerseys were a lifesaver!!! I was uber prepared for cold temps in December but totally dropped the ball this trip...or I was just hoping for warmer weather!

My Mom really likes the March, too. She’s not a Star Wars fan but my brother is so I think she was excited to post something he would want to see.

Finally it was time to head back to Toy Story Land. We were pretty grateful for our After Hours experience after walking into these crowds!

Our first fastpass of the day was for Slinky Dog Dash!

We were all pretty excited! As I mentioned before Slinky Dog has really become one of our favorites (definitely more than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) so we were very happy to have another opportunity to ride with a fastpass!

The Sulley-themed ears I made my Mom matched with the line décor pretty well! Haha

I think I was a nice sister and let Calista have the left seat again. That’s definitely the more thrilling seat and since I go more often than she does I figured that was the nice thing to do!

You're welcome for these lovely photos of us on SDD... lol

Up next was lunch at Woody’s Lunchbox! I actually had submitted the order into the system prior to getting onto Slinky Dog and then just said that “We were here” once we made it to the mobile order window.

Mobile ordering has DEFINITELY become more popular since my last trip but was still much faster than waiting in the normal line!

So can I just say my big pet peeve of mobile orders? There were multiple times where I would be standing by the mobile order pick up window, listening to the same name being called over and over again because they had clearly said they were “here” while they were on a ride or still walking over. By all means, put your order in ahead of time but don’t say you are “here” if you are no where near the food! One of the culprits actually ended up waiting again for their order entirely because they had taken so long that their food was cold. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk haha

For lunch we ordered three grilled cheeses two with potato barrels and mine with tomato soup (necessary for a chilly day!), the totchos, a pack of babybel cheese (which they originally forgot to give us) diet cokes for each of us and some Grown Up lemonades!

I still love the grilled cheeses here. Definitely one of my favorite quick service meals on property! The totchos were also VERY good. Much better than I was expecting, a lot of good flavors and was a good counterpart to the grilled cheeses. Especially since I got the soup instead of the potato barrels! And omg the grown up lemonade! This was DELICIOUS! I was worried because I am not a huge fan of lemonade because its just usually too tart for me but this drink was berryrific and delicious! I can’t wait to get another one! It was a bit pricey but at least was a good-sized drink!

After lunch it was time for us to head over to our Rock N Rollercoaster FP. We stopped at the bathrooms by the entrance to Toy Story Land and we actually ran into the teacher that my Mom used to work with! They worked together for I think around 8 years in the same class and lost touch after she moved to Florida. I don’t think we could have planned a better meet up if we tried!

We spent a few minutes chatting and catching up and it was so nice to run into their family.

It was nearing the end of our RNR fastpass window by the time we made it over but we still made it! Even had time to stop for some photopass along the way!

I really loved the little suitcase haha

We eventually made it to RNR!

Me and Calista obviously had a blast!

Since my Mom chose not to ride we ended up with an extra RNR FP. I was good with the one ride so I let Calista take my Mom’s magic band and ride again!

Whilst I had a photoshoot! Haha

Next up was Tower of Terror!

• annie170

DIS Veteran
    Your experience at the Yacht Club gift shop was so unfortunate! While I was reading that, I thought that I have never experienced anything like that at the All Star Resorts. Then you said the same thing about Pop Century. I'm glad you were able to get reimbursed for your purchases. As often as you go to Disney, that's the least they could do.

I didn't know the left seat was more thrilling on SDD. You learn something new every day!

How fun to run into your mom's former coworker. I love when things like that happen!

That suitcase is adorable and a fun addition to the photos for ToT!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Your experience at the Yacht Club gift shop was so unfortunate! While I was reading that, I thought that I have never experienced anything like that at the All Star Resorts. Then you said the same thing about Pop Century. I'm glad you were able to get reimbursed for your purchases. As often as you go to Disney, that's the least they could do.
    We've actually had the best CMs in the Pop Century giftshop, I even gave one a cast compliment before just because of how much she brightened our day and made us laugh. It's Disney, you should be happy while dropping that kind of money not like you are the worst person ever lol I mean Disney got the money back anyway so I was happy for something!

I didn't know the left seat was more thrilling on SDD. You learn something new every day!
    I certainly think so! I feel like I could fall out on that side haha

How fun to run into your mom's former coworker. I love when things like that happen!
    Its honestly crazy how small the world is when things like that do happen!

That suitcase is adorable and a fun addition to the photos for ToT!
    I thought so too!

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
    I'm sorry you had such a rotten experience in the gift shop :( Totally rude and uncalled for- I'm glad you said something to management!

The ears you made for your Mom are adorable!!

Sounds like such a fun time in DHS so far!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
  • disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
    What a terrible experience at The YC gift shop! How rude of the CM, I just don’t get it!! I’m sorry you and your mom had to go through this!
    I love your black spirit jersey, so cute!
    I want to try Woody’s Lunchbox for lunch, the totchos sound very yummy and the adult lemonade looks yummy!

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    And that’s the memory that we had to walk out of the Yacht Club with. Being treated like we were unwelcome trash for using a discount that I am entitled to use!

That is such a bummer that it was your last expirence there as well. Sounds like she was just a weird CM...

Thankfully, Disney did try to make it right (as much as they could, they can’t take the memory away unfortunately) and offered us a $200 giftcard which basically covered our purchases from that afternoon. I am glad that I wrote to them but it shouldn’t even have to come to that. It won't stop me from staying here again but it does still suck that it even had to happen.
    Glad they tried to make it up, at least.

One of the culprits actually ended up waiting again for their order entirely because they had taken so long that their food was cold. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk haha
    Ha! I feel like if that happens, you have to accept the food even if it is cold.

And omg the grown up lemonade! This was DELICIOUS! I
    I love the grown up lemonade!!!!!

vamassey1

DIS Veteran
    So sorry for the bad experience.

Very cute!

As I mentioned before Slinky Dog has really become one of our favorites (definitely more than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) so we were very happy to have another opportunity to ride with a fastpass!
    I can't wait to try this. Fingers crossed we get FPs.

The Sulley-themed ears I made my Mom matched with the line décor pretty well! Haha
    Those ears are so cute!

Up next was lunch at Woody’s Lunchbox!
    Can't wait to try this too.

We stopped at the bathrooms by the entrance to Toy Story Land and we actually ran into the teacher that my Mom used to work with!
    What a small world.

I was just thinking how cute it was.

suse66

Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!
    I will confess that as we left the Yacht Club I did write management an email explaining the unkind experiences we had during our stay. I can tell you out of all the times I stayed at Pop for a 4th of the price, I never ever felt treated that way. And on top of the fact that this trip was to celebrate my Mom’s birthday and ultimately ended up being a way to get her mind off of my Grandpa passing and I was just so unhappy. (If you don’t know this about me, I am fiercely protective of those that I love. So don’t come for my Momma.) Thankfully, Disney did try to make it right (as much as they could, they can’t take the memory away unfortunately) and offered us a $200 giftcard which basically covered our purchases from that afternoon. I am glad that I wrote to them but it shouldn’t even have to come to that. It won't stop me from staying here again but it does still suck that it even had to happen.
    Oh my goodness, I would be SO upset!!!! What a terrible experience and especially on your mom's special trip. I am glad Disney made it right but that should NOT have happened!
    We were all pretty excited! As I mentioned before Slinky Dog has really become one of our favorites (definitely more than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) so we were very happy to have another opportunity to ride with a fastpass!
    Slinky is super fun!
    For lunch we ordered three grilled cheeses two with potato barrels and mine with tomato soup (necessary for a chilly day!), the totchos, a pack of babybel cheese (which they originally forgot to give us) diet cokes for each of us and some Grown Up lemonades!
    Exactly waht I had in March and I loved it! Still have to try the totchos and adult lemonade though!
    I still love the grilled cheeses here. Definitely one of my favorite quick service meals on property! The totchos were also VERY good. Much better than I was expecting, a lot of good flavors and was a good counterpart to the grilled cheeses. Especially since I got the soup instead of the potato barrels!
    Yum, yum!
    After lunch it was time for us to head over to our Rock N Rollercoaster FP. We stopped at the bathrooms by the entrance to Toy Story Land and we actually ran into the teacher that my Mom used to work with! They worked together for I think around 8 years in the same class and lost touch after she moved to Florida. I don’t think we could have planned a better meet up if we tried!
    How nice is that! :goodvibes

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
    My Mom and I wanted to get the black spirit jerseys with the sequined letters and we had only seen them in the Yacht Club gift shop.
    I hadn't even seen these until this update and they are SO cute, 10/10 great purchase and will be keeping an eye out for them in August!

Well, the cashier at the Yacht Club gift shop followed my Mom around THE WHOLE TIME. We were the only three people in the whole store so if she suspected us of potentially stealing she could have easily watched us from her spot behind the counter instead of what she did. And when my Mom was still looking she basically ripped the shirt from my Mom’s hands and said she could hold onto it while we continued to shop, again because she apparently thought my Mom was about to bolt out of the store with it? Well, we ignored all that and then went to cash out.
    We were hoping to make change for the kind Bell Service CM who had lugged our luggage down from our room so my Mom went to put the keychain separate from the spirit jerseys and was going to pay in cash. I pulled out my annual pass to get the discount and the CM proceeded to scold me that if I was using my AP discount I needed to be the one paying. A. I’ve never seen that as a rule anywhere, only that you can’t be purchasing things with the intent to resell (which this obviously wasn’t) B. She was telling me this for a keychain where the discount came out to barely more than $2 and C. I explained to her that she was my Mom and she was holding my cash. It was so beyond uncalled for, I was fuming. Like she’s already made my Mom uncomfortable once by following her around the store and now this? My Mom doesn’t even look shady!
    This whole interaction made me cringe and fume at the same time. Completely unacceptable CM behavior from start to finish. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, I would have LOST IT. That's such an upsetting experience to end your time at the YC with.

I'm really, really glad you emailed someone about the rude CMs you saw at the YC. This is at least the third TR I've read in the past month where someone had a bad experience with at least one frontline CM somewhere at this resort. If the behavior from CMs is this notorious, it's time for Disney to intervene and change the management there.

Onto happier things. This is the cutest photo ever!!!

So can I just say my big pet peeve of mobile orders? There were multiple times where I would be standing by the mobile order pick up window, listening to the same name being called over and over again because they had clearly said they were “here” while they were on a ride or still walking over. By all means, put your order in ahead of time but don’t say you are “here” if you are no where near the food! One of the culprits actually ended up waiting again for their order entirely because they had taken so long that their food was cold. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk haha
    That's my pet peeve too!!!! Don't say you're here if you're still on Midway Mania and then ask for your food to be re-made because it's cold by the time you get there!!!

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
    my Mom tried the spirit jersey on over her shirt to see if it fit and took it off and then looked around for a keychain to get for my brothers girlfriend.
    I was so sure you were going to say when she took it off, her other shirt rode up and the CM got an eyeful.
    Well, the cashier at the Yacht Club gift shop followed my Mom around THE WHOLE TIME. We were the only three people in the whole store so if she suspected us of potentially stealing she could have easily watched us from her spot behind the counter instead of what she did. And when my Mom was still looking she basically ripped the shirt from my Mom’s hands and said she could hold onto it while we continued to shop, again because she apparently thought my Mom was about to bolt out of the store with it
    :sad2:
    Not cool. At all.
    I pulled out my annual pass to get the discount and the CM proceeded to scold me that if I was using my AP discount I needed to be the one paying.
    Oh come on.

I might have turned to mom and said "Can I borrow your cash/card/MB so I can pay for this?" then turn to the CM and say "Is that okay with you? Or do you need a signed affidavit?"

Wow.
    It was so beyond uncalled for, I was fuming. Like she’s already made my Mom uncomfortable once by following her around the store and now this? My Mom doesn’t even look shady!
    Sorry that happened.
    Thankfully, Disney did try to make it right (as much as they could, they can’t take the memory away unfortunately) and offered us a $200 giftcard which basically covered our purchases from that afternoon.
    Glad you were recompensed... but yeah... shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    Interesting. Never encountered that. I thought there was something that wouldn't allow you to say "here" until you were close by. Maybe not.
    I still love the grilled cheeses here
    ::yes::

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran

Yikes…that's awful! Very nice of Disney to send you the gift card, though!

It was nearing the end of our RNR fastpass window by the time we made it over but we still made it! Even had time to stop for some photopass along the way!

So cute! I haven't seen that little suitcase before.

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
    What an icky way to say goodbye to YC! Glad Disney did something to make it right, though.

Looks like a fun morning in HS. We never got a chance to try Woody's lunchbox but it looks tasty.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News