Let's go to our Happy Place! March 2019 Girls Trip COMPLETED! 8/6 New TR link! 8/9

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
Hello friends! And welcome back to another one of my trip reports! This will be the first TR for a trip in 2019 and I can't wait to document the year we have planned. I really love documenting my trips in this way and getting to share all of my memories with you! I find that there aren’t many people in my life who want to know THAT many details about my trip so this is a great way for me to share them all. Pictures included! And I really love reliving the trip this way because I’m sure we can all agree just how fast Disney trips fly by!

This trip was planned a few months ago and if you would like to hear about how it all came to be check out my PTR here! (You can also find out about all of the other trips I have planned this year! There are quite a few :rolleyes1) The cliff notes version is that we just wanted to take another girls trip so we made it happen!

If you read my previous trip report here you’ll know that a few weeks before our trip my Grandpa passed away (my Mom’s dad). He was the patriarch of our extended family and it was really hard to lose him even though we know that he is in a much better place. My Mom had really been struggling with his passing and Disney truly was just the thing she needed. I’m so thankful that we already had this trip planned and waiting for us. Disney has really come through for our family in times of need when we just need an escape from reality, it’s definitely our happy place!

So who went on this trip?

ME!

I am the Disney planner of our Mouseketeers crew! I love all things Disney and it has really become more of an obsession at this point! :rotfl: I work as a financial analyst by day and by night I am a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations and also make Disney ears. Disney is truly a wonderful escape for me and I am so grateful that I get to go as often as I do! One of the main reasons for this trip was for me to get one last trip out of my annual pass that I purchased last March - my pass expired March 25th (and I was much sadder than I should have been). I just love having an annual pass! Although I truly never thought I’d have one considering I live in Buffalo but its definitely been a savings going as often as I have! While I didn't plan on renewing my pass right away, I have already purchased my next one and will be activating it in June!

My sister, Calista

Calista is my younger sister who goes to Buffalo State College. She’s going to school to be a history teacher and now also double majors in Spanish! She is convinced that growing up riding Spaceship Earth is what sparked her love of history and she is pretty nervous about them changing it! I guess she should really thank the Phoenicians! :rotfl:Hopefully they don’t completely change it! She also spent a lot of our trip talking to us in Spanish (we don’t speak Spanish lol) so that was always a fun treat to figure out what she was talking about!

Last but not least, my Mom!

My Mom is my very best friend and I literally call her probably three times a day. I love going on these girls trips because we always have a great time and it’s fun to just be able to spend all the time together! She’s definitely one of the reasons that I love Disney. I always give her kudos for her planning abilities back before the internet and when you had to call to make any and all reservations. She was amazing at it!

Now that you know a little about us, let’s get on with the trip report! I can’t wait to tell you all about it!

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
HERE!!! :cool1:

:hug: I know what it feels like to lose a grandparent before a Disney trip. Disney always seems to be waiting just when you need a break from reality! I hope your memories of him comfort you through the grieving process.

YAY for renewing your AP!!! :cheer2:

I LOVE that picture of Calista. The spirit jersey, the ears, the background... so FIERCE all around. 10/10!

Can't wait to read more!!

• Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    Yay!!

:hug: I know what it feels like to lose a grandparent before a Disney trip. Disney always seems to be waiting just when you need a break from reality! I hope your memories of him comfort you through the grieving process.
    Disney was definitely needed!!
    YAY for renewing your AP!!! :cheer2:
    Definitely thought there would have been more of a gap but yolo! haha

I LOVE that picture of Calista. The spirit jersey, the ears, the background... so FIERCE all around. 10/10!
    Haha I know it is so cute!! Its funny because we did NOT expect cooler weather on this trip so her outfit was not planned at all but came out so cute!

Can't wait to read more!!
    :goodvibes

Yay another girls trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.
    :welcome: girls trips are the best!

Following along! We were there the first week of March.
    So fun! How was your weather? Ours started good and then got real cold haha

I look forward to following along.
    :welcome:

• JoAnnPan

DIS Veteran
    Following along! Thanks for sharing. Disney has definitely helped me through rough times in the "real" world. Sorry for your loss - I am sure your Mom treasured spending time with her girls surrounded by Disney magic.

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    Here! Checking in! Excited to hear about this trip!

Disney is such a happy place it has brought us so much joy doing hard times too! Sending your family love and positive vibes!

the2ndstar2theright

DIS Veteran
    Joining in for the fun!! My mom and I have taken several girls' trips over the years, and they are some of my favorite memories! Can't wait to read all about your trip! :D

• DLo

DIS Veteran
    Hopping over from your last report. Looking forward to this one ( all the ones coming after !)

suse66

Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!
    If you read my previous trip report here you’ll know that a few weeks before our trip my Grandpa passed away (my Mom’s dad). He was the patriarch of our extended family and it was really hard to lose him even though we know that he is in a much better place. My Mom had really been struggling with his passing and Disney truly was just the thing she needed. I’m so thankful that we already had this trip planned and waiting for us. Disney has really come through for our family in times of need when we just need an escape from reality, it’s definitely our happy place!
    I totally agree with Disney being there for us when we need it. I am so glad that your trip gave you an opportunity to come together as a family and make some new memories after losing your grandfather. :)

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

EvilVillainess

"I'm 99% sure I'm a Disney Villain"
    So exciting to have a girls trip. We are activating our annual passes in June also. Looking forward to your trip report.:maleficen

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News