Let There be Light!!! (Lamps, Lanterns & Other Light Fixtures at Disneyland Resort)

IMG_5007.jpg
Mike, GC? Judging by the Craftsman lamps in the background...

I don't think the last two were easy...:rotfl: Great pictures that have me thinking....

Keep sharing everyone! :goodvibes

Forgive me for straying from DLR for a minute... I am sharing some 'honorable mention' light fixtures. These are not from Disneyland Resort - nor from any Disney entity - but I think that any true light fixture enthusiast will appreciate them for their uniqueness!

From Lloyd's of Avalon on Catalina Island (I love this one!)

IMG_5649.jpg

LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art)

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

Lori -

That GCH picture ^^is a double whammy for the "light" theme of this thread, because not only does it show the light fixtures in the lobby but also the dramatic natural light streaming through the window!

TK & deej -

Thank you, ladies!:goodvibes

TK, only the top photo was from Catalina - that was a wild light fixture from a candy shop in Avalon. I definitely think you should visit the Island.

Deej, that crazy street light installation at LACMA actually lights up at night - in fact, I think it was shown in some scene from a Natalie Portman/Ashton Kutcher romantic comedy a couple of years ago. You can imagine how dramatic it looks at night, when all of those lamps are lit. It's cool.

It's also kind of a creepy set-up, too (the street light installation), with those rows of lights. If you have a vivid imagination and/or have seen one too many scary movies, you can imagine a scenario in which you may be walking past them, seeing creepy children or dead people in flowing white gowns appearing from behind one pole way at the opposite end, then disappearing, then appearing even closer than they were, then disappearing again, then suddenly standing right in front of you!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter