Less Wookies, More Cookies! A Tale of Upgrades, Utilidors, and FUN! 10/23--Complete!!

May this be a lesson... always get the Dole Whip too :lmao:

I feel ya on Space Mountain. I have now decided I will only ride it in the front. The back is the world's most uncomfortable experience. That is one of those rides that I'm really disappointed they "revamped" I kinda wish they would have left it as is!

I was quite surprised at those CMs! I mean, I got my delicious Mickey ice cream, but it was so weird!

Ok, so it's not just me! I had never felt that jolted before...front is where it's at :banana: Aww yeah I did like it how it was...but my mom doesn't get sick on the new version, so I'm happy she can ride it now all the time!

All of your fastpasses are cracking me up! I think your dad needs some kind of award for fastpass collecting! Sounds like an awesome day and that cupcake looks very yummy!

I'll tell him that! He was very proud of our accomplishments that day. Although I've heard that they've been enforcing the times lately...well one of my Teen Board friends said that's what happened when he went..not sure if it's the norm..

Anyway, yeah it was a great day. Even though we had that horrible "last day" feeling sometimes, we managed to to still get a fantastic day. Jess was so happy with that cupcake. It was what she was looking most forward to :laughing:

That is an insane amount of fastpasses!!!!!

I KNOW!! That's my dad for you!

So we go outside and the sky is BLACK. It was intense.
disneylasttwodays221.jpg

disneylasttwodays227.jpg

disneylasttwodays229.jpg

disneylasttwodays231.jpg

disneylasttwodays237.jpg

We found a family to give one set of FPs to by The Plaza and I thought the six-year-old son was about to explode from happiness. It was so cute!

We continued onto Main Street
disneylasttwodays238.jpg

disneylasttwodays241.jpg

We found another family to give the last set of FPs to
disneylasttwodays243.jpg

We were just about to leave when it began to POUR. We ducked into the Confectionary, hoping that it would stop raining this hard in a few minutes.
disneylasttwodays244.jpg

disneylasttwodays245.jpg

We picked up a few bags of this cool popcorn for our neighbors and our dog-sitter. It became clear that the rain wasn’t letting p anytime soon, so we just decided to run through it. We went quickly and were soon on the monorail platform.
disneylasttwodays249.jpg

Bye MK :(
disneylasttwodays251.jpg

The monorail came in about ten minutes.
disneylasttwodays252.jpg

We stopped at the CR first
disneylasttwodays259.jpg

Most people got off at the Poly
disneylasttwodays260.jpg

Ahhhh…the Poly…
disneylasttwodays263.jpg

We had quite a bit of time before our ADR so we went into the gift shop
disneylasttwodays264.jpg

Antenna toppers!
disneylasttwodays266.jpg

disneylasttwodays268.jpg

disneylasttwodays270.jpg

We hung out around ‘Ohana after checking in.
disneylasttwodays271.jpg

disneylasttwodays276.jpg

Continued next post!

There was this really weird family. Like the children were licking the grandparents’ faces (yeah.) and one girl was standing under the mother’s dress. The adults were pretty obviously drunk…and the kids were uncontrollable. It was just a mess. Amusing, yes, but a mess.

disneylasttwodays277.jpg

We got called and led in
disneylasttwodays279.jpg

disneylasttwodays282.jpg

disneylasttwodays286.jpg

disneylasttwodays287.jpg

We had been here before last year, and this year wasn’t quite as impressive. The service was a bit slow
disneylasttwodays289.jpg

disneylasttwodays290.jpg

disneylasttwodays291.jpg

They made a whole vegetarian dish for Jess
disneylasttwodays294.jpg

Pretty soon (no…more like an hour haha) it was time for the bread pudding! Even though I’m not a huge fan…
disneylasttwodays296.jpg

Then our waitress disappeared for a long time and we were waiting for the check. We began to get worried that we would miss Wishes (it had stopped raining by now) so our parents sent Jess and me down to the beach for seats.
disneylasttwodays297.jpg

disneylasttwodays302.jpg

disneylasttwodays304.jpg

disneylasttwodays305.jpg

It took the waitress another twenty minutes to get there, get the check, and my parents to leave. Fortunately Wishes was running a bit late so they didn’t miss anything.

Unfortunately, people were sitting right in front of the speakers, so the sound was muffled, and there were very loud kids next to us so we couldn’t really hear anything. I mean, of course they were beautiful and I cried, but it wasn’t amazing…so next year we’re planning on doing the Wishes Dessert Party for the last night :)

After Wishes we went to the boat dock
disneylasttwodays308.jpg

People were rude so they cut us and we weren’t able to get on the first boat. I got to see some of the Magic, Memories, and You show but I wish I could’ve seen it all. Of course, none of these things damper the amazing trip we had, but add these to the whole “I don’t want to leave tomorrow” feelings and I was feeling quite upset.
disneylasttwodays313.jpg

We got on a boat and went to MK. The WL boat showed up around 11. This was taken on the boat to WL and was the last picture of MK I took.
disneylasttwodays314.jpg

We went back to WL, packed a few little things and went to sleep. And that was it.

Still one more update, I think, with the very last day :(

Aw I can't believe your TR is almost over! I'm sad for you and all I'm doing is reading about it! What a strange set of events on your last night... I'm still unsure about 'Ohana. I've never been but it looks so tempting. Of course I've recently recommitted to being a vegetarian so I know the quality of service I would receive depends greatly on who the chef is at any given night. Then again if 'Ohana leads to drunken face licking and upskirt action I may be inclined to skip it. :lmao: Just kidding, but seriously! I'm glad you didn't site by those people during your meal!

Face licking?! And I thought I had heard everything...:sad2:

I'm sad your trip is coming to an end. It's always sad when it ends.

Aw I can't believe your TR is almost over! I'm sad for you and all I'm doing is reading about it! What a strange set of events on your last night... I'm still unsure about 'Ohana. I've never been but it looks so tempting. Of course I've recently recommitted to being a vegetarian so I know the quality of service I would receive depends greatly on who the chef is at any given night. Then again if 'Ohana leads to drunken face licking and upskirt action I may be inclined to skip it. :lmao: Just kidding, but seriously! I'm glad you didn't site by those people during your meal!

I knoww! I'm posting the last two posts tomorrow morning. I started crying while writing the end, just thinking about the moments.

I would recommend 'Ohana...it wasn't a great experience for us this time, but we know that it's not the norm. There are vegetarian options--noodles, veggies, plus the whole tofu/rice thing they brought my sister. Those people were the definition of weirdness, ok. I dont...know what was going on there...

Face licking?! And I thought I had heard everything...:sad2:

I'm sad your trip is coming to an end. It's always sad when it ends.

So weird...we were deeply disturbed. There's no way I could have exaggerated the weirdness.

I'm sad it's ending too!

I awoke around 8. Outside the pool cleaner was warring with the ducks, since he would shoo them away, clean the pool, then they would come back. He was quite upset.
disneylasttwodays320.jpg

disneylasttwodays317.jpg

I went with mom for her coffee and we brought up some breakfast. Roaring Fork is usually very busy, but it was evident that the later you go, the more crowded it becomes.
disneylasttwodays321.jpg

disneylasttwodays335.jpg

OMG YUM
disneylasttwodays336.jpg

disneylasttwodays337.jpg

After eating, we went to the gift shop. The only souvenir I had gotten for myself was the t-shirt, and I wanted to make a charm bracelet, so that’s where we went.
disneylasttwodays324.jpg

And here’s a picture of the finished product! Not pictured is a charm of Mickey’s sorcerer hat and a charm of the first letter of my name :)
disneylasttwodays325.jpg

Then we walked back to the room
disneylasttwodays327.jpg

disneylasttwodays330.jpg

We all packed up in the room, but soon it became a two-person job and Jess and I went wandering. We briefly went to the arcade, traded Vinylmations in the gift shop, and hung out in the lobby. We had vouchers for the Water-Mice, so we waited for our dad to meet us in the lobby with sunscreen. He came and we went down to the marina. Jess and I shared a boat and Dad decided he wanted one too, so he got his own.

It was a lot of fun! We had a half hour and we used every second. We stayed in the Bay Lake area. It was so nice seeing the Castle and Space Mountain again, since it had been pouring when we had had to leave and say good-bye to them. It was a proper sunny good-bye now!

After the boats, we were hungry, so we met up with mom and went to RF.
disneylasttwodays345.jpg

I got a flatbread, Jess got a vegetable sandwich with chips, and mom and dad got salads.
disneylasttwodays341.jpg

disneylasttwodays342.jpg

disneylasttwodays343.jpg

We saw talking for a while since most were at the parks and it wasn’t very busy. Then we all went swimming! I wrote down that there was a really good lifeguard, and it’s true. He was really talkative and just loved his job. It was a great time in the pool!
disneylasttwodays351.jpg

But there’s always something to ruin it.

And that “ruining force” came in the form of a teenage boy named Jon. Textbook creeper, let me tell you. He comes swimming up behind Jess and we don’t even notice him until he goes “Hiya,” while holding out his hand under the water for a handshake. I just stood there.

Jess, on the other hand, inexplicably abandoning her troubles around strangers, goes “Hi!” and shakes his hand. To this day, she does not know why she did that. He tried talking to us for a while, while I am literally just staring at him, telepathically willing for him to leave. Finally Jess goes, “Nice talking to you!” very brightly, and turns around. He swam away before he even realized he was being rejected :lmao: I don’t know how, but it actually sounded really nice, the way she said it.

After that, we made our parents stand by us so we wouldn’t get a repeat attack.

So we enjoyed the water for quite a while then I got out with Jess. We were done swimming so we changed into regular clothes and relaxed outside the pool.
disneylasttwodays353.jpg

Pretty soon, the people for the pool party (every day at 3!) came out and announced they were starting Disney trivia. They encouraged all ages to join in.

I decided to join in, since I have a pretty good knowledge of Disney stuff. The questions started, and they were actually really difficult. A lot had to do with very specific numbers (ok, does anyone know how much it took to build TT off the top of their head?) but I knew more than half and guessed on the rest. When I wasn’t sure my mom was there, but for the most part, I was sure on the ones I knew.

They collected the cards and we just hung around. Pretty soon they said it was time to declare the winner.

They announced my name!! And a great cheer erupted throughout the entire Walt Disney World resort as I claimed my prize!
100_0946.jpg

100_0947.jpg

The only Disney-themed prizes were plastic cups, so that’s what I chose!
disneylasttwodays355.jpg

It was a great conclusion to the trip! This was one of the only moments I remember texting my friends :laughing: To explain, I don’t really like texting anyway and in WDW I’m so immersed that I just don’t feel like acknowledging that there is another world besides this haha. But I was so proud that I texted them. My one friend who has never been to Disney was the only one who was awake (yes it was into the afternoon by now) so she texted back. I told her I didn’t want to go back because WDW feels like it’s my real home and she told me I was insane.

I honestly don’t care. It’s how I feel when I’m there. And as I sit here writing this, I’m near tears because I miss it so much and I’m just remembering how I felt. But I feel the same way leaving WDW as I would if I were leaving my actual home for a year for somewhere less enjoyable. It doesn’t feel like I’m going home. I feel like I’m coming home when I walk into Magic Kingdom.

Basically, I was sad. We sat in the lobby for a while.
disneylasttwodays357.jpg

disneylasttwodays359.jpg

disneylasttwodays362.jpg

Continued next post!

We went outside around 3:15. The bus was scheduled for 3:30. It came around 3:45 though. We got a DCL bus.
disneylasttwodays363.jpg

And then we were off…GOODBYE WL!!!
disneylasttwodays365.jpg

I fell asleep on the way and then we arrived at the airport. The security was quick and painless YAY CONTINENTAL!! (my last trip we flew JetBlue and we had a TERRIBLE experience with the security on that sad of the airport. The side with Continental was 10000000x better.) We were quickly at our gate and sat around.

Jess wore her sunglasses inside again
disneylasttwodays367.jpg

disneylasttwodays368.jpg

I turn around and see this
disneylasttwodays370.jpg

My sister, ladies and gentlemen.

We got called for boarding right on time. The tunnel wasn’t connected to the plane, so we could see the sky as we were boarding. I thought it was interesting
disneylasttwodays372.jpg

The plane took off on time. As we were descending, our pilot said it may be a bit bumpy since it was pretty windy with a bit of rain, but it was actually a really smooth flight. I enjoyed my Disney music-filled iPod.
disneylasttwodays373.jpg

disneylasttwodays376.jpg

Flying near NY
disneylasttwodays380.jpg

We landed but had to taxi around for quite a bit. But we found a gate and debarked. We gathered our luggage and the driver transported us home. Once home, we talked to grandma, loved our dog and then went to sleep.

And that was really it.

Final Thoughts

It was such a great trip. Even though I had my inevitable moments of stress and such, it was amazing. I came home relaxed and the Disney happiness lingered, even though I was sad I had left. We stayed at such a fantastic resort and tried new things. We talk about this trip with more smiles than any other. We just loved it. So! Here are final favorites, in list form!

ME!
Favorite Restaurant: Via Napoli
Favorite Food: Zepolles!
Favorite Ride of the Trip: I think I liked Space Mountain even more than RNRC this trip for some reason…but other than the thrill rides, I really enjoyed POTC and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin!
Favorite overall experience: Getting upgraded! And winning the trivia contest and KKTKT!
Looking forward most to: Right now? Just going back!!!

Jess!
Favorite Restaurant: Via Napoli
Favorite Food: Red Velvet Cupcake
Favorite Ride of the Trip: Splash Mountain
Favorite overall experience: Kim Possible missions
Looking forward most to: Going back to Epcot

Mom!
Favorite Restaurant: Via Napoli!
Favorite Food: “Fizzy orange soda thing at Via Napoli”
Favorite Attraction of the Trip: American Adventure
Favorite overall experience: Keys to the Kingdom Tour!
Looking forward most to: The Wishes Dessert Party

Dad!
Favorite Restaurant: Hoop Dee Doo Revue!
Favorite Food: Skillet at Whispering Canyon
Favorite Ride of the Trip: Star Tours
Favorite overall experience: The entire first day
Looking forward most to: DisneyQuest again and Fantasyland

Thank you everyone who read through this and I hope you enjoyed reading about my trip just as much as I enjoyed writing about it. If anyone has any questions about things, I'd be happy to answer :goodvibes

OK, I have a LOT to catch up on!

I just love your pictures of the Boardwalk. I feel like I'm really there. :goodvibes And that artwork...WOW! That Nemo one is super cute.

The picture of the MK arch is beautiful. You're such a good photographer, I love all of your pictures in this TR!

Cute duck pictures on the beach! I love mornings in Disney. That "Magic Kingdom" on the ground is amazing!

I'm sorry we never got to meet up! :sad2: It would have been fun. Sorry that we never got to make it happen!

That's interesting that you like Yoplait better. I'm a Dannon girl. :laughing:

Ohhhh, that cupcake looks good. I've been craving cupcakes for days now!

Beautiful Poly pictures, I can't wait until I'm staying there. :cloud9: The people at Ohana sound....interesting...though. Sorry to hear your experience wasn't as great as previous times. I'm thinking about getting the vegetarian dish. Did you call the restaurant beforehand to order it? The food looks soooo good there.

Oh, I hate the "I don't want to leave tomorrow" feeling. It stays in your mind for the whole day. :sad2:

On a happier note, your charm bracelet is adorable!! I wish I could find mine that I made years ago!

That's cool that you could see the sky while boarding! Nice pictures from the sky. :goodvibes

I loved reading about your trip. Your report was flawless, and I can't wait for another! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Oh, the last day. :( You described it very well. It's like leaving your favorite place and going somewhere you don't want to. For me, I like going home, I just don't like going back to the responsibilities that come with home. :lmao:

Ew, creeper at the pool. I hate those!

Jess cracks me up with her airport pic. Classic.

I had a great time reading your TR. :thumbsup2

OK, I have a LOT to catch up on!

I just love your pictures of the Boardwalk. I feel like I'm really there. :goodvibes And that artwork...WOW! That Nemo one is super cute.

The picture of the MK arch is beautiful. You're such a good photographer, I love all of your pictures in this TR!

Cute duck pictures on the beach! I love mornings in Disney. That "Magic Kingdom" on the ground is amazing!

I'm sorry we never got to meet up! :sad2: It would have been fun. Sorry that we never got to make it happen!

That's interesting that you like Yoplait better. I'm a Dannon girl. :laughing:

Ohhhh, that cupcake looks good. I've been craving cupcakes for days now!

Beautiful Poly pictures, I can't wait until I'm staying there. :cloud9: The people at Ohana sound....interesting...though. Sorry to hear your experience wasn't as great as previous times. I'm thinking about getting the vegetarian dish. Did you call the restaurant beforehand to order it? The food looks soooo good there.

Oh, I hate the "I don't want to leave tomorrow" feeling. It stays in your mind for the whole day. :sad2:

On a happier note, your charm bracelet is adorable!! I wish I could find mine that I made years ago!

That's cool that you could see the sky while boarding! Nice pictures from the sky. :goodvibes

I loved reading about your trip. Your report was flawless, and I can't wait for another! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Aww thanks Stephanie! I need to catch up on yours too! I'm behind on all the TRs I read oops...

It would've been fun to meet up! But once you're there it's just insane! I hope you love the Poly! I want to stay there sooo bad!

We didn't call beforehand to 'Ohana actually. She was just going to go with the shrimp/noodles/vegetables but they just said the chef could make it quickly and they brought it out! The rice was good.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it :goodvibes You should come over to the Teen Board more!

Oh, the last day. :( You described it very well. It's like leaving your favorite place and going somewhere you don't want to. For me, I like going home, I just don't like going back to the responsibilities that come with home. :lmao:

Ew, creeper at the pool. I hate those!

Jess cracks me up with her airport pic. Classic.

I had a great time reading your TR. :thumbsup2

Aw thanks, I tried my best to explain it. I figured it any group of people would understand, it would be the DIS :laughing: I love home too...I just don't like leaving Disney haha. Creepers are the worst. Luckily he was the only one!

Jess and I laughed about that pic for about an hour straight after it. We just kept looking at it and cracking up haha.

Thank you soo much for reading!!

Aww thanks Stephanie! I need to catch up on yours too! I'm behind on all the TRs I read oops...

It would've been fun to meet up! But once you're there it's just insane! I hope you love the Poly! I want to stay there sooo bad!

We didn't call beforehand to 'Ohana actually. She was just going to go with the shrimp/noodles/vegetables but they just said the chef could make it quickly and they brought it out! The rice was good.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it :goodvibes You should come over to the Teen Board more!

That's fine, take your time! I fell behind on a bunch when school started, but now since my trip is coming up I'm back in a Disney mood! & You're welcome. :goodvibes

Ah I know! It's so easy to plan, but then once you get there a million other things pop up and whatnot. I'd really love to meet you in the future though, for real this time!

I'm really excited about the Poly! Originally, we were doing 2 nights at Pop and 7 at the Poly but we changed to POFQ from Pop so I'm REALLY happy about that!

Ohhhh I see. Online it said to call, I guess you guys got lucky! :thumbsup2 I want to order that to be safe, because out of all the things they bring out (meat) I only like the steak!

Again, you're welcome. This is one of my fav TR's to read. popcorn::
I tried to go on the TB more a while ago but..oh I'll just message you. ;)

I'm SOOOOOOOO sorry Erin that I haven't been commenting in awhile. School is being ridiculous and I haven't commented in like two weeks on most of my TRs. I'm trying to catch up tonight and I've missed so much, I'll just talk about the last update...

I'm so glad to hear you really felt by the end it was a good trip. I'm really trying to hold back the tears now since I won't be going back for awhile :'( Well... not really, but the way you explained the feeling of entering MK being like coming home, it's so true. I mean, I love "home", but that is my true home. Hopefully I can get this Disneyland trip underway and everything be booked by Christmas :teeth: And then I wouldn't be having this major post-Disney depression now. I also must add I think you've converted me to maybe trying Via Napoli on my next trip and staying at the Wilderness Lodge :rolleyes1: Yeah, I said it, though seriously, Tutto Italia is all about the pasta! :-)

Can't wait to read more of your trip reports, PTRs, whatever you may have in store, because I will TOTALLY be around ;)

That's fine, take your time! I fell behind on a bunch when school started, but now since my trip is coming up I'm back in a Disney mood! & You're welcome. :goodvibes

Ah I know! It's so easy to plan, but then once you get there a million other things pop up and whatnot. I'd really love to meet you in the future though, for real this time!

I'm really excited about the Poly! Originally, we were doing 2 nights at Pop and 7 at the Poly but we changed to POFQ from Pop so I'm REALLY happy about that!

Ohhhh I see. Online it said to call, I guess you guys got lucky! :thumbsup2 I want to order that to be safe, because out of all the things they bring out (meat) I only like the steak!

Again, you're welcome. This is one of my fav TR's to read. popcorn::
I tried to go on the TB more a while ago but..oh I'll just message you. ;)

Yes, if we ever find ourselves there at the same time again, we'll make sure of meeting up :goodvibes That's great about POFQ! Both great resorts; so jealous! We definitely got lucky with 'Ohana. There is quite a bit of non-meat food there as well. Thank you again!

I'm SOOOOOOOO sorry Erin that I haven't been commenting in awhile. School is being ridiculous and I haven't commented in like two weeks on most of my TRs. I'm trying to catch up tonight and I've missed so much, I'll just talk about the last update...

I'm so glad to hear you really felt by the end it was a good trip. I'm really trying to hold back the tears now since I won't be going back for awhile :'( Well... not really, but the way you explained the feeling of entering MK being like coming home, it's so true. I mean, I love "home", but that is my true home. Hopefully I can get this Disneyland trip underway and everything be booked by Christmas :teeth: And then I wouldn't be having this major post-Disney depression now. I also must add I think you've converted me to maybe trying Via Napoli on my next trip and staying at the Wilderness Lodge :rolleyes1: Yeah, I said it, though seriously, Tutto Italia is all about the pasta! :-)

Can't wait to read more of your trip reports, PTRs, whatever you may have in store, because I will TOTALLY be around ;)

Aww it's fine Timmy! I hope everything evens out soon! It was a great trip! I tried to explain the last day feelings the best I could; glad it was accurate haha. I hope you get your DLR trip! That would be so exciting! Post-Disney depressions is THE worst.

*cough* There's pasta at VN too *cough* :laughing: Both are great choices, I've heard, but Via Napoli...oh man...

Thank you so much!! It means a lot :goodvibes

Aww I can't believe it's over! What a great trip your family had, I hope you get to go back real soon :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter