Les Miserables

TotallyAngelic

Disney Addict
Just wanted to share my excitement about going to see the Les Miserables movie on Friday evening ... I have looked forward to this since I first heard it was happening about 18 months ago. I absolutely love the musical and have seen the stage show in London a few times, and each time it captivates me.

My only concern is that I may be disappointed with the vocal performances as I have heard and seen the best musical theatre performers in the world playing the lead roles, but I am not taking those expectations into the cinema with me and just looking forward to seeing what they do with the story.

Anyone else as excited as I am ?

I'm exactly the same. I love musicals and operas but I have seen Les Mis about the most at around 7 times, i just love it.

Im also a little unsure about the vocal quality as whilst people are giving excellent reviews they are obviously reviews based on this as a film and whilst they may be exceptional performances they might not just be the same as the theatre version, but i guess thats the point it isn't supposed to be the same.

Like you, i am going to watch it with that in mind that it is a film and is going to be a different experience and could be equally as good but in different ways.

Can't wait to see it too :goodvibes

You will have to let us know what you think of it :)

Me Sarah! :goodvibes I think we're only going on Sunday, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

I posted on FB the other day a link from their fan page and mentioned about hoping that'll it'll compare in some respect to the stage show, but I'm going in with the understanding I'm watching the story-line, not the performance as I do when I've seen it live.

Just hoping that Helena Bonham Carter will do Madame Thenardier justice! I'm thinking she may do, as she was always wonderful as Bellatrix in HP :thumbsup2

Getting excited now! :goodvibes

We are going Friday too and just can't wait. Hugh Jackman is a West End and Broadway musical star so he is used to singing. And here on the Island we are looking forward to our home grown Samantha Barks as Eponine. Our friends in the US who have already seen the film tell us that she is the singing star.

Pam

Im really looking forward to this hoping to go some time in the nrxt couple of weeks :)

Never seen it, but my step mother loves the stage show and is a real fan. She cant wait to see it.
She and I are also off to see Alfie Boe in April who I believe was something to do with Les Miserables.:goodvibes

I have seen the stage show more often than I can remember and was also lucky enough to see the 10th anniversary concert version. I am excited about the film, but based on the trailers that I have seen, I am very worried about the vocal performances. I am still excited and in Manchester this will be shown in IMAX. I am off on Friday and I am very tempted to go and see it then, but to my surprise DH told me he would come with me. I am kind of tempted to go on Friday anyway and then go again with DH on my next weekend off.

Corinna

I've never seen the stage show or a film version of it and as Mandymouse says I don't think it's my cup of tea. However think I am going to give it a go as it does look amazing! Think I would regret it if I didn't :)

Alfie Boe was a Jean Valjean in London and was in the 25th Anniversary concert version from the O2. Daughter is a huge fan of his.

Pam

Really looking forward to going to this - couldn't book for this weekend but hoping to for next one.

Exactly as excited as you!

Wife and I have seen the show in the west end a few times and its our favourite by a long way. Interested to see how the film will match up... But it looks excellent!

The movie soundtrack is available to pre-order on iTunes for £9 or so. I have ordered it.

Never seen it, but my step mother loves the stage show and is a real fan. She cant wait to see it.
She and I are also off to see Alfie Boe in April who I believe was something to do with Les Miserables.:goodvibes

Alfie Boe is fabulous live and really quite funny .... interacts well with the audience. We saw him last year. Alfie played Jean Valjean ( played by Hugh Jackman in the upcoming film ) in Les Miserables on the West End and also in the anniversary concert.

Never been interested in it but its my dad's favourite. The soundtrack is growing on me and as I have a cinema pass I have said I would see it there first and if I like it will go to London to see it with him.

The trailers I have seen have been really good so hope the film is, rather do it this way then pay about £60+ for a west end ticket and hate it.

Also they film some of the movie in my hometown:thumbsup2

:cool1: Tomorrow night 8pm cinema, Im there, booked tickets going with a friend and one of my DD's

Its a 7.00 p.m. start for us. Been and bought my liquorice today so I can nibble on that instead of chocolate. I really wanted to take a drink but husband tells me its such a long film I will probably have to go to the loo halfway through and I'm not doing that!

Pam

Just got back from the cinema. Can't remember the last film I saw where the audience applauded, as one man, at the end! And being the Isle of Man, there was a spontaneous roar and applause after Sam Barks sang On My Own.

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter