Length of Stay

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
Well, I’m a Disneyland addict. We’ve driven down from Canada 6 times in the last 6 years!!! We just went in November and plan not going again till summer 2020!!! The longest I’ve went without DL since kids. We will have me, DW, DD 10, DD9 and DD5. We always do 5 days with a couple of days off and leave wishing we could stay longer. The s trp I’m hoping to have 3 of the passes free with air miles. It just crossed my mind that we could add 3 days and have 8 days in park! I can’t see that being to much. Any thoughts?

Yes. It would be too much for me. The most I’ve spent is 7 and I was ready to leave. We had deluxe ap’s That year.

We did a 9 night 10 day trip in 2015 and honestly I didn't feel like we got enough in. We were at the DLH and went back to the hotel most days to take advantage of our club level access but it was an AMAZING trip. I honestly think we could do a month at DLR and not feel like it was getting old. Our typical trips are 5 days though (max they sell discounted tickets to).

It differs per person. For me during my first visit in 2014 5 days was too much, but if you feel 5 days is not enough, then it makes sense to add one or more days.

8 days is a lot for DLR, but having said that, considering how crazy Star Wars Land will still be at the time, I could see spending at least a half to full day trying to do that area by itself. There will also be first phase of Marvel Land open, so with two whole new sections (both of which are expected to be crazy busy) open, it's possible that you might be grateful for those extra days.

When I went in 2012 we did 5 days in the park and it just didn't feel like enough. Every year since when I book I start with 5 days but it creeps up to more. I finally settle for 7 days in the park when I go in Oct but its only limited by my work schedule.

When you guys go for more than 5 days are you just booking 5 day and then 2 or 3 day or are you AP holders? I am debating getting an AP for me and my gf even though we live in Oklahoma. We are visiting 10 days in mid October and my plan is to get AP since we just went in April, problem is idk when we will be able to go again but we really only need to go one more time to make it pay for itself is kinda how I feel

When you guys go for more than 5 days are you just booking 5 day and then 2 or 3 day or are you AP holders? I am debating getting an AP for me and my gf even though we live in Oklahoma. We are visiting 10 days in mid October and my plan is to get AP since we just went in April, problem is idk when we will be able to go again but we really only need to go one more time to make it pay for itself is kinda how I feel

When we went in 2014 we got annual passes when we knew we would be back the next year. It was totally worth it for us. Since I know I won't be going next year we are going to just add a 2 day pass and just doing one park per day with it (our 5 day passes are park hoppers).

I have only done 5 day park hoppers, but next year we will be there for 10 nights. I am buying a signature AP for the discounts and my kids and spouse will have 2 5-day park hoppers each. If we decide to go again in 2020, I may upgrade them to APs as well. I am so excited to try a longer stay. We are celebrating DD’s high school graduation and staying at GCH! We will do a cabana half the day at least one of the days. I am not worried about getting sick of it, we can take as many breaks as we want throughout the day with that amount of time!

Absolutely not! We've done 12 days before, but that was a few years ago. You can take your time and really enjoy it, especially if you don't get to go that often.

That's what we've done. Who knows though when they increase before SWL. I think 7 days is the break-even point right now, so we figure if we even get 2 4-day trips out of it, we're ahead.

We just went for 6 and stayed part of the time at the GCH. Taking into account resort time and exploring EVERYTHING in the parks, it was just the perfect amount of time. We did every attraction, show, parade and I mean EVERYTHING plus our favorites multiple times. We ate several sit-down meals along with quick-service, tried a lot of snacks. There is always something new to observe or see or experience!

The most we have done was 6 day hoppers when the kids were 6, 4 and 10 months and again when they were 8, 6 and newly 3. Both times we did 3 days just our family of 5 and 3 days with my side of the family (group of 12 total). I easily could have spent another couple of days. It was summer both trips and the parks were hot and busy. We did take a mid day break for a swim and naps for the kids (and the adults too!!) and while we were there at rope drop didn't make it to close most nights.

That being said Dh and I did 5 day hoppers as part of our honeymoon and I totally felt we had more than enough time. That trip was during the week in early November back when the parks weren't that busy. We rode all the rides we wanted and most were less than a 20 mins standby wait. We saw a bunch of shows and spent some time relaxing at the GCH and had several nice meals. There just never seems to be times that are that slow anymore...

We did six days in June, 2017 (our last trip before our APs expired), and it wasn't enough. Even though we'd just done four days two months prior to that, and three days a month before THAT.

We have yet to do more than 3 days in a row. We're going to give 4 a shot this fall but the wife tends to think that even 3 is pushing it with our two small kids (5 and 1.5).

We have yet to do more than 3 days in a row. We're going to give 4 a shot this fall but the wife tends to think that even 3 is pushing it with our two small kids (5 and 1.5).
I agree with her. Lol
We tried 5. Mistake. We did one thing and left. They were ok with 4. But we did like 5 hours of park time a day with a big break in between b

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter