Legoland hotels

creamypuffs

Mouseketeer
Anyone recently stayed at a hotel near Legoland and can provide feedback?

I'll be driving up from West Palm Beach and hoping it get as close to the park the night before but I don't mind stopping even if an hour or less away from Legoland if it is on route from the south.

Any suggestions to look at? Doesn't seem like there are much choices in the vicinity of the attraction.

probably not - it is within driving distance of WDW.

that say here a link you can look up hotels on traveladvisor - but take each review with a grain of salt

here is a link to some hotels close to it

.https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...241&biw=993&bih=434&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

if this does not work - go to google pick maps - ask for legoland in florida find hotels nearby

if you have a favorite hotel near Disney that might be the best. now won;t go with a disney hotel unless you are doing WDW.

I have a friend who works at Legoland who says all the hotels near the park are pretty scary. You may want to look a bit further out, maybe even closer to Orlando if you're willing to drive the extra mile.

I already did my due diligence research on tripadvisor and all the reviews were pretty scary for the ones nearest to Legoland but was hoping someone on the board would say otherwise as there are some decent reviews too.

We are driving up from west palm beach which according to google maps is 3 hrs drive and to Orlando is 4 hrs. I don't want to go all the way to Orlando because 4 hours is a lot.

Basically I want to drive up to closer to Legoland Sunday night and then layover. Monday morning I can hit the park as soon as open and by early afternoon, I would then check in at Disney. I really want to avoid going all the way to Disney Sunday night and then drive backwards to Legoland and then back to Disney.

Also hoping someone more familiar with the actual route from WPB to Legoland area, if there are any cities in between worth looking at for hotels. So even if I drive 2 hours north from palm beach and then stay at hotel that is still an hour south of Legoland, I am willing to so something like that. I just don't know the cities well enough in between.

It's about a half hour the other side of Legoland (heading towards Tampa), but have you considered Lakeland?

Checking Trip Advisor, I see a number of highly rated hotels there.

It's about a half hour the other side of Legoland (heading towards Tampa), but have you considered Lakeland?

Checking Trip Advisor, I see a number of highly rated hotels there.

I did look into Tampa but if we are driving past Legoland then I might as well drive to Disney for an extra night. But thanks for the thought.

Is the neighborhood where Legoland is located a small town or something?

are you coming on I4 - then when you leave I4 and go on us27 - there is Davenport. It is a fairly nice area and has some good hotels.

now if you are coming a different way - say it.

I don't live in FL so will be relying in google maps and GPS for direction.

It seems like the most direct route is taking I91 N and then 60 west.

Seemingly there is a longer route taking FL700 west and then FL25/27 N. I will check out Davenport!

Thanks all!

yes winter haven isn't very big and worst the only thing it had as Cypress Gardens - when it failed it was several years before Legoland.

so if legoland stays and is successful - it will probably be at least another year before new or better hotels are there.

I get to Orlando from Miami in 3:30 so I don't know how it could take 4 hours to Orlando from West Palm beach,more like 2:15.Okechoobee blvd. in West Palm beach is exit 99-100 on the turnpike,the 192 exit in Kissimmee that leads to Disney is exit 242 so I don't see how it could take 4 hours,driving around 70mph you see it should take about 2 hours.With that said I would agree that if you're not going to Orlando there's no reason to get a hotel there.I've driven to Orlando plenty of times going up US 27 and I've seen some hotels that look relatively new so they have to at least be in pretty decent condition.About 30 minutes south of Winter Haven I remember seeing a Holiday Inn express that looks pretty good and I have a family member who stays there whenever the auto racing team they work for has races at the Sebring speedway.I went to Legoland just over a year ago and I remember seeing a Best Western right by the park that didn't look that great but if you want to find something closer than Sebring I have to believe there's a newer worthwhile hotel closer to the park,the whole area from Winter Haven to I-4 looks to be in an uptick with more businesses.Otherwise look around Sebring as it's the best town south of Winter Haven,the problem with that is that you'll most likely take the turnpike to highway 60 to US 27,if this is your plan then look from Lake Wale to Winter Haven.

I get to Orlando from Miami in 3:30 so I don't know how it could take 4 hours to Orlando from West Palm beach,more like 2:15.Okechoobee blvd. in West Palm beach is exit 99-100 on the turnpike,the 192 exit in Kissimmee that leads to Disney is exit 242 so I don't see how it could take 4 hours,driving around 70mph you see it should take about 2 hours.With that said I would agree that if you're not going to Orlando there's no reason to get a hotel there.I've driven to Orlando plenty of times going up US 27 and I've seen some hotels that look relatively new so they have to at least be in pretty decent condition.About 30 minutes south of Winter Haven I remember seeing a Holiday Inn express that looks pretty good and I have a family member who stays there whenever the auto racing team they work for has races at the Sebring speedway.I went to Legoland just over a year ago and I remember seeing a Best Western right by the park that didn't look that great but if you want to find something closer than Sebring I have to believe there's a newer worthwhile hotel closer to the park,the whole area from Winter Haven to I-4 looks to be in an uptick with more businesses.Otherwise look around Sebring as it's the best town south of Winter Haven,the problem with that is that you'll most likely take the turnpike to highway 60 to US 27,if this is your plan then look from Lake Wale to Winter Haven.

Hmm, for one thing we drive 55mph in NY, I guess it will be even less time than estimated if we can speed to 70! Is 70 the speed limit in FL?

I am adding in multiple rest stops for toddler and a pregnant woman! ;) I am using WPB as a starting point but we might be more south of that depending on where my relatives want to have dinner.

I will look at Lake Wale and Sebring too! Thanks for suggesting some more cities/towns!

Hmm, for one thing we drive 55mph in NY, I guess it will be even less time than estimated if we can speed to 70! Is 70 the speed limit in FL?

I am adding in multiple rest stops for toddler and a pregnant woman! ;) I am using WPB as a starting point but we might be more south of that depending on where my relatives want to have dinner.

I will look at Lake Wale and Sebring too! Thanks for suggesting some more cities/towns!

The speed limit on the turnpike will be 65-70mph,I drive 70-72 mph and I have 80% of the cars passing me at 80-90 like I'm standing still,so I wouldn't be thinking of doing 55mph on the turnpike,I-95 can be even crazier with heavier traffic.US 27 is a more rural road,especially south of Sebring,the limit there is probably 65mph outside the towns and 35-55 in the towns.If you're coming from West Palm Beach the most direct way to Legoland would be the turnpike to highway 60 and then take that west to US 27 north,so definitely look for hotels from Lake Wales to Winter Haven.On the turnpike the service plazas you'll have will be at mile markers 94,144 and 184 as hwy 60 is mile marker 193.Right now pretty much every plaza is under construction as they're all getting refurbished and might have limited services.After you get off at 60 don't expect much in the way of services until you get to Lake Wales at US 27.

Stay at the Hampton Inn (by Hilton Hotels) in Lake Wales on US Hwy 27. It is less than 10 min drive from legoland, and there is also a shuttle that runs back and forth from the hotel to the park. The Hampton Inn is relatively new. There is also a relatively new Holiday Inn Express in Lake Wales as well on Hwy 27.

Both of these will be the most convenient to your route coming from WPB, as the earlier poster said, Turnpike north to SR60 west to US27 north.

Hope this helps.

Lake Wales has hotels? :cool2: My husband grew up there and has taken me through town a couple of times in the past 35 years. It looked like it was sort of stuck in time from when he was a kid.

Sheila

MattM said:
Stay at the Hampton Inn (by Hilton Hotels) in Lake Wales on US Hwy 27. It is less than 10 min drive from legoland, and there is also a shuttle that runs back and forth from the hotel to the park. The Hampton Inn is relatively new. There is also a relatively new Holiday Inn Express in Lake Wales as well on Hwy 27.

Both of these will be the most convenient to your route coming from WPB, as the earlier poster said, Turnpike north to SR60 west to US27 north.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I actually booked the Hampton Inn but the reviews aren't over the top and neither really horrid so my hubby was second guessing me and whether it would be a risk. Kept telling him it is just an overnight stay.

I will still check out the cities that other posters suggested but if nothing sparks interest, most likely will just keep the Hampton Inn.

We stayed in a Hampton Inn in Davenport just 10 days ago. It was clean and very nice. The breakfast was kind of boring, but fine for 1 morning. It was called Hampton Inn Orlando Maingate South. It was about 25 minutes to get to Legoland. The only problem we had was finding it. It is JUST off I4 right behind the Denny's. The hotel is new, and our 2 year old GPS didn't have the address in it. The sign is kind of small. I am picky about hotels, and it was fine for me!

If I remember, we booked this one because the Lake Wales was too expensive. We needed to connecting rooms with a door inbetween because we had 3 kids with us (10, 11, and 14) So we were looking for a less expensive option.

Thanks!

I actually booked the Hampton Inn but the reviews aren't over the top and neither really horrid so my hubby was second guessing me and whether it would be a risk. Kept telling him it is just an overnight stay.

I will still check out the cities that other posters suggested but if nothing sparks interest, most likely will just keep the Hampton Inn.

I would expect the reviews to be like that. Its just a standard, run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn for those overnight stays. I think it would be fine for that.

Lake Wales has hotels? :cool2: My husband grew up there and has taken me through town a couple of times in the past 35 years. It looked like it was sort of stuck in time from when he was a kid.

Sheila

Kind of like Clinton, TN? ;)

**I KID**

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter