Lego land reviews

We went last fall and enjoyed our visit. Our kids were 7 and 9 and enjoy thrill rides (Space Man at Disney and Mummy at US for example). It was a little tame for them. It can be very hot there as they are not as many attractions with a/c like at Disney/US. We bought the discounted Florida PTA tickets (see thread further down on this forum), definitely do not pay full price!! My overall impression was seeing the Lego structures were cool, the rides meh. Some of the theming was good other times it reminded me of cheap road side carnival. The drive from Disney area would be about 40-50 minutes.

What do you want to know? We love it. Definitely best for 10 and under kids. So much less busy than WDW that it is a real relaxing time.

We went for a day when DS was 8 and returned this year at DS's request for 10th bday. We splurged one night for Legoland hotel and got to do all we wanted in 2 days. But you can do majority in one day of you prefer. If you want huge thrill it is not the park for you.

my kids love legos and saw the advertisement and fell in love with what they saw so any and all information is welcome. I just want to be sure that its worth the trip.

Basically what is the best advice regarding lodging? is the hotel worth it or is it better to stay elsewhere. How are the rides? Any pointers on the park or through experience the best things to do; activity wise?

It's worth the trip, especially at 1/2 price or less tickets. Not sure how old your kids are, but there is a full day of fun for the 10 and under set (and those 11-12s who are either into Legos or into "family" level rides). If you are going when it's hot, you should spend the morning riding rides and the afternoon (when it gets hot) watching the 4d and waterski shows, riding the water-soaking rides, and enjoying the indoor fun (the Mindstorms class, Lego build area, the free video game area, etc). You should also walk both the Miniland (amazing) and the old Cypress Gardens (something perfect for mom and dad)...get a pack of apple fries to share (one is enough, b/c they are SWEET) and have a nice, relaxing day! One day is probably enough, but I think there is still a 2nd day cheap add-on option if it's not enough...

FYI - I've been twice:)...we finally have one aged out, so that will limit us more in the future (although for a good enough deal, she'd go and be happy enough walking the gardens and riding the very biggest of the rides and seeing the Miniland and eating the fries, for the sake of her sibs)...

My kids love Legoland. It is sad that when I say we are going to Orlando, they say LegoLand. It is very nice theme park, and what is nice about it is that it is much smaller with lots of things for them to do. Each land has rides and playgrounds. If you have a small toddler like 1-2 year old, they have a tot area which is all geared for them, which is not much for them to do in Disney. I find this park much more low key, and much more enjoyable then Disney. It is less crowded and much smaller, so it is not overwhelming. Last year during memorial day weekend, they had a great promotion for BOGO Annual passes. We got annual passes for the whole family for $300.00. Best part is that when we are in Disney area we get to ride the Orlando Eye and go to Sea Life for free with the annual passes.

I think your experience is really going to be kid dependent. Mine were 5 and 3 when they opened and I had one MAJOR problem. They were both under 42 inches. They each required an adult in the ride vehicle and the cars are SMALL. So I spent the first 2 trips looking for families with older kids (that were riding alone) or families with 1 kid and 2 adults and asking the extra adult to ride with one of my kids. Or leaving one kid at the loading area and riding with one and switching. It is less than ideal. Now my kids are both above 48 inches so can ride alone.

I agree that my thrill seeking 10 year old would be board stiff, but it is perfect for my kiddie coaster loving 8 year old. If going as part of a trip. I would not move hotels for a legoland day. The drive is about 40 minutes from Disney.

Basically what is the best advice regarding lodging? is the hotel worth it or is it better to stay elsewhere. How are the rides? Any pointers on the park or through experience the best things to do; activity wise?

We love Legoland. We're passholders and try to go every couple months. My DS is 4, which is the perfect age. We are anxious to try the new Ninjago ride.

I actually think it's worth two days for a first visit-- one for the park and one (more laid back) for the water park. If anyone is thinking of becoming an AP holder, subscribe to their newsletter. They usually have deals over Black Friday.

I recommend starting at the back of the park and working your way to the front to avoid crowds. Boating School is good. There's a dragon themed roller coaster and a dinosaur themed one. DS loves the Duplo train. There's a dark ride, jousting ride, Lego safari.theres a beautiful double carousel. A lot worthwhile. We still haven't done flying school and one more roller coaster.

If there will be fireworks the night you go (summer, Halloween event, holiday event, other special events-- usually only on weekends), stick around for them. Super cute! You get glasses that make the fireworks look like exploding Lego bricks.

Meeting Emmet and other Lego Movie characters is a must; you can also meet Ninjago characters.

The Big Store has quite a selection. They have things you can no longer get at other Lego Stores like the one in Disney Springs (other Lego Stores are run directly by the Lego Group, Legoland stores are run by the Merlin Group who runs Legoland). Passholders get 10% off on all merchandise and food. Seriously-- I bought a postcard stamp there and got 10% off.

Take mini figures to trade with cast members, who are called model citizens.

We love, love, love all the kid play areas. They are everywhere-- big and small-- from traditional playgrounds to a ball shooting place (not sure what to call it). There's a great splash pad in Duplo Valley. Try them all.

Longer lines have a corral where kids can play with Lego while grownup she stand in line.

Food is expensive and universally bad. There's a Publix right across the street. We put in an online order with the Publix Deli the day before, then
picck up subs right before we enter the park. It's allowed and much better than anything you can get in the park.

We don't stay in Winter Haven. The Legoland Hotel is too expensive, and none of the area hotels seems worth the money. We're trying the new Beach Retreat in June and will let you know our opinions then. For now, we stay in Orlando and drive an hour to LL. It's worth it because the hotel savings are pretty substantial.

Hope you enjoy!

We are passholders and go about every 6 weeks or so. It is extremely laid back. It's an 1hour 45 min drive for us each way but we get it done. DS loves it! The ride lines are really slow loading and so we won't wait if there is one but barring spring break time it's never been too bad. There is a best western in auburn dale that we have stayed at before and it was quite nice. The Duplo barn is a great place to go in for the A/C. The water park is very small and gets crazy crowded in July. Don't go if there is any rain in your forecast. The entire place closes down and like never reopens it feels like.

Following along.....We will be in the St Petersburg beach area in April and are planning a day at Legoland. My boys are 6 and 8 and they are psyched to go there. This will be our first non-Disney Florida theme park.

We went this past July and spent two nights in the Legoland Hotel. It is a splurge, but it really is worth it! I would absolutely stay there if you can. It is truly an experience. My Lego loving kids were over the moon! And being a Disney lover, I appreciate a well-done theme and the theming is amazing. There are tons of details in the room and a scavenger hunt for the kids with the prizes in the room safe, character meets in the lobby and the restaurant, floating Lego bricks in the pool to build with, Lego building competitions, a nightly pajama dance party, and free master builder classes where you can keep your build. While it's pricey, it includes a really nice hot breakfast buffet each day of your stay.

While we enjoy the rides, the best part of the park for us is Miniland, the character meets, and the movies and shows. I think we met all the characters and saw each movie twice over two days. The waterskiing show is really cute too.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and experiences, its very helpful. Where do you buy half price tickets?

We've gotten them in the free Lego magazine that you can sign up for online. It is buy an adult, get a child ticket free. Once inside the park, we upgraded each ticket (even the free ones) to a second day for $15 each.

We went the second week of December in 2016. My 7 year old loved it. My souse and I thought it was overpriced and did not warrant a repeat visit. Some of the rides closed down toward the end of the afternoon. I will say the best part for all of us was the waterskiing show at noon. Excellent!!!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and experiences, its very helpful. Where do you buy half price tickets?

Do a google search for Florida PTA tickets 2017...(if you'd like, join the PTA for $10, too). These tickets REQUIRE 48 hours+ pre-purchase AND that you visit the day you select, so my advice is normally to wait until about 4-5 days prior and then buy the tickets once you see the weather forecast. If you'll go even if it's pouring rain, you can buy now:)...

Anyone have experience using the official Legoland $5 round trip shuttle from I Drive?

We're thinking of taking an Uber from our Disney resort over to the shuttle.

There's a picture of the shuttle on Legoland's website, it's a motor coach bus, very similar to Magical Express/Disney Cruise Line.

I'm planning our first WDW vacation in January/February 2018. My 6yo DS LOVES Legos and I was thinking of fitting in LEGOLAND also. We will be traveling for 7-10days. Is this too much? Should we do LEGOLAND at another time? Can it be done well in just one day?

We just did a day there over February break. My DS's are 5, 3 and 7 months. The boys had a great time, but we didn't get to go on too many rides. The boating school ride took forever to load and imo wasn't worth it. We also did the fire engine ride and that was a disaster with my DH sitting out with the baby. We could barely get the thing to move and had to have a cast member help us. Not fun! By the time we got through Jr Driving School (2x), Boating school and the fire thing it was time for lunch. After that we did the imagination zone for a bit and then the kids were ready to head out. So I was disappointed that we didn't get to see more, but they didn't seem too bothered. So thankful I bought the $35 tix.

We will definitely go again as it was a nice park and I'd love to see what we missed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter