LeCellier and Kona Cafe

jennifer293

<font color=green>SHHHHH , but we live in the stic
This trip we knew we wanted to eat really good food, so after going through countless threads I decided that we MUST try LeCellier and Kona..We went to LeCellier on Tuesday last week and we had been saving up all day by not eating breakfast or lunch. We were so excited to get a GOOD steak. I got the 14 oz. steak, DH got some kind of BBQ flavored steak and they were both good, but after ordering mine medium well it was still bleeding a good bit. Did not care for the desserts at all. Oh and the cheese soup was ok for dipping the bread sticks but I couldn't eat it alone it was too strong. We will probably go back again just to try other menu items.

Next day Dh and I got a night out ALONE without the kiddies so we went to Kona. I ordered the Beef Teriyaki and DH got the Filet Mignon I think it was and I must say these were the BEST STEAKS we have ever eaten in our lives..We were both able to cut them with our forks they were so tender. OMG and they the white chocolate cheesecake is to DIE FOR!!!!

This is our new favorite place to eat and we will be back many more times to come!!!!

Thanks for the reviews!! We love Kona too, sorry you had a disapointment at LeCellier, we have had good luck there. A nite without the kiddies is very special!!

Wow, well now I have to try kona. We had the opposite experience at cellier though, the filet there was the best I have ever had. Oh well, you never know for sure.

thanks
Drew

Oh, we SOOOO agree with your feelings about Kona! It was our best dinner during our last trip and would highly recommend going for dinner and dessert!

Kona is our favorite. We ate there 3 times our last trip (once for breakfast and twice for dinner). Their steaks are delicious!

We much preferred Kona to Le Cellier on our last trip. Our steaks at Le Cellier were grisly, though I love the creme brullee! The mahi mahi at Kona was gorgeous and the desserts amazing! :teeth:

I am dying to try Kona! We go to Ohanas every trip.. I love the cheese soup at Le Cellier and their steaks.. What did you have for dessert there that you didnt care for? I normally have the maple creme brulee and love it!

bluejasmine said:
I am dying to try Kona! We go to Ohanas every trip.. I love the cheese soup at Le Cellier and their steaks.. What did you have for dessert there that you didnt care for? I normally have the maple creme brulee and love it!

We got the dessert trio which had the choc. whiskey cake with an orange marmalade sauce under it, the creme brulee, and the raspberry sorbet.

They just all had an odd taste to them that I just could not quite get into!! :goodvibes

Great reviews! We are looking foward t going back to both our up~coming trip!! The fruit cobbler is my MOST favorite dessert at WDW from Le Celliers, which did you have??

I'm so glad to hear you're great review of Kona. My DH and myself have an ADR there for the end of August and that's exactly what we wanted to try. :thumbsup2

Add me to the group of DIS'ers that have never been to O'Hana's. I think the atmosphere and view sound wonderful, but the menu does not appeal to us at all.

WAHMto5 said:
Great reviews! We are looking foward t going back to both our up~coming trip!! The fruit cobbler is my MOST favorite dessert at WDW from Le Celliers, which did you have??

I had the dessert trio with choc. whiskey cake in a orange marmalade sauce, creme brulee, and raspberry sorbet...I didn't like any of them.. :guilty:

I want to go to Kona Now!!! Not enough days in our vacation to try it all I guess I will just have to go back next year!!! :joker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter