Leaving tomorrow for first DCL cruise - Nervous!

southlake

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Well the time has finally come. We are leaving tomorrow for our first DCL cruise. I've cruised before but it's been 8 yrs since my last cruise, and DH & DD have never been on a cruise. For some reason I now feel really nervous! Is this normal?!

southlake said:
Hi everyone,

Well the time has finally come. We are leaving tomorrow for our first DCL cruise. I've cruised before but it's been 8 yrs since my last cruise, and DH & DD have never been on a cruise. For some reason I now feel really nervous! Is this normal?!

Just make sure all your travel docs are ready and in the purse/bag/car. If you are driving to PC, make sure you have change for the tolls. Everyone gets nervous until you are checked in and on board and then the nerves melt away!!!

Excitement and nerves go hand in hand. I'm really happy for your family and wish you bon voyage!

Maybe, it's the excitement? No worries, be happy and have a magical cruise!

How exciting for you! Bob Voyage, have a wonderful time. I haven't cruises yet but I can't, wait for those nerves!

Just make sure all your travel docs are ready and in the purse/bag/car. If you are driving to PC, make sure you have change for the tolls. Everyone gets nervous until you are checked in and on board and then the nerves melt away!!!

Excitement and nerves go hand in hand. I'm really happy for your family and wish you bon voyage!

Thank you! You just reminded me to print directions from the airport to our hotel near Disney World. It looks like there are 3 toll roads (?) in the 17 mi drive?? Crazy!

And yes I think I'll settle down once we're actually ON the ship!

Enjoy the Fantasy. Remember you will not be able to do everything, so go with the flow.

:)

I get nervous before every vacation. I get especially nervous before cruises b/c I realize that I'm going to be cut off from communication with the 'real world' for a week. However, I know that if there's a true emergency, I can be reached on the ship. Also, I think that being cut off is what makes a cruise so relaxing, so I don't worry about it once I'm onboard & we're out at sea.

We have been on 7 cruises and I still do the same. I am always nervous until we are checked in and on the boat! Make sure you have any meds that your family may need, your travel documents and go from there!! Happy Sailing!

Let us know how the cruise was:) This is so exciting:) tchrrx, leaving all the "communication" behind is the best part for me:) Southlake, have a wonderful cruise:)

Thank you! You just reminded me to print directions from the airport to our hotel near Disney World. It looks like there are 3 toll roads (?) in the 17 mi drive?? Crazy!

And yes I think I'll settle down once we're actually ON the ship!

Edit, it looks like you are flying then. How are you getting to port? There are tolls to PC as well, so plan for that!

Hi everyone,

Totally normal. I am always nervous from a day or so before (making sure I packed everything and all arrangements are made) until they announce our names on the ship. Well, actually I start relaxing right after completing check-in, but true relaxation starts when I am on board :thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

Just remember the ONLY things you MUST have is your Passports or Birith Certificates and your DH and DD. Everything else you can do without if you have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!