leaving in 3 days! Pop coffee pot question...

natenkate

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm so excited that my son and I are leaving for our very first WDW vacation on Wednesday! We are staying at POP and I am unbelievably cranky in the morning and cannot function until I have my coffee. Can I bring my own pot? I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I am finding different answers all over the place, some say it's fine, some say it's against fire safety rules.

I will be getting a refillable mug with the DP, so if I have to, I will walk to the food court to get coffee.

Thanks!!

You will not get coffee in the food court....you will get that brown Nescafe sludge that they CALL coffee!!!!

Bring your own pot!

natenkate said:
Hi! I'm so excited that my son and I are leaving for our very first WDW vacation on Wednesday! We are staying at POP and I am unbelievably cranky in the morning and cannot function until I have my coffee. Can I bring my own pot? I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I am finding different answers all over the place, some say it's fine, some say it's against fire safety rules.

I will be getting a refillable mug with the DP, so if I have to, I will walk to the food court to get coffee.

Thanks!!

You will get various answers because many people are unaware or ignore fire safety rules and others like myself who work in a profession that resolves around the fire protection code will tell you no.

If Disney provides the appliance, they are required to ensure it is compliant. If a fire does occur, they are liable. If you bring an appliance from home, Disney cannot ensure that it is in good working order and would not start a fire.

While it could rarely happen, it is possible for an appliance that is not in proper working order and could start a fire. In that case, you could liable for any damage or injuries from that fire.

IMHO, it is not worth it. But I am very passionate about it, because I deal with it every day. But others will see no issues with it, as long as the unplug it before they leave the room. That is why you will see so many varieties of answers.

My dd and I are staying at POP in December. I am thinking of taking our Keurig (my husband likes to use our 40+ year old Percolator, lol). While I could sustain myself on Nescafe if I had to, why when I can bring my own? lol Now, I am going to look into this more because while the mod's and deluxe have coffee pots in the rooms, pop may not carry the insurance to have coffee pots in the rooms (this is why there are no microwaves either). Just something you may want to look into too. Either way, HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!! :cool1:

After posting I saw someone else also posted about the potential hazard. My job also involves loss prevention, so I think along the same lines.

OK, thank you for your answers! I bought a small 5 cup pot for this trip. I guess I will bring it, and only have it plugged in when it is in use. I don't see harm in that.

Thanks!

I personally LOVE the Nescafe coffee. What's great is adding the hot chocolate with it to make a Mocha...YUM!! :goodvibes

Before Value resorts had refrigerators, there were Fridge "swaps" here on the Dis. Someone would leave it for whomever claimed it for the next available week. It was simply left at bell services with the next person's name and arrival date. I participated in it years ago, and it was absolutely free (since the original participants split the cost of purchase). I see here with a quick search that there were coffee pot swaps here too, but seem to no longer exist. Maybe you can start one! :)

They don't serve the Nescafe coffee anymore. It's not brewed Joffrey's and it's pretty good.

Following bc i wont survive without coffee! didnt even occur to me value resorts wouldnt have it.

As I said in another thread you can request a coffee pot and they will supply it and supplies including cups and coffee packets.

Before Value resorts had refrigerators, there were Fridge "swaps" here on the Dis. Someone would leave it for whomever claimed it for the next available week. It was simply left at bell services with the next person's name and arrival date. I participated in it years ago, and it was absolutely free (since the original participants split the cost of purchase). I see here with a quick search that there were coffee pot swaps here too, but seem to no longer exist. Maybe you can start one! :)

This is a 4 year old thread.

I always take my small 4 cup coffeepot when staying at Pop and unplug it when I leave the room! No one has ever said a thing about fire codes or fire safety!

Yes, but why suggest starting one to the OP when the question was asked 4 years ago?

You're creating a false equivalency. My point was that I participated in a fridge swap years ago, that the swaps used to exist however no longer do (whether 4 years ago or 2 or 10 is an irrelevant point), and merely suggested OP start another one.

Have a magical day pixiedust:

You're creating a false equivalency. My point was that I participated in a fridge swap years ago, that the swaps used to exist however no longer do (whether 4 years ago or 2 or 10 is an irrelevant point), and merely suggested OP start another one.

Have a magical day pixiedust:

And my point is that you're making a suggestion to someone who made a post 4 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter