Least expensive onsite room for 5 people????

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
Just saw the SDP offer and I'm rethinking my trip in January. Planning to stay offsite, buy 7 day base tickets and pay for food OOP. Total trip looks like it will cost around $4000. My question is....

Is there any room whatsoever onsite that can come close to this and sleep 5? It's me and my 4 kids (ages 19, 17, 16, 13). Interested in the Regular DDP (not QS). Thanks!

Perhaps POR? We've stayed there several times and the room rates are pretty reasonable.

POR is the cheapest on site room that fits 5. There is a small murphy bed, but you may want to bring along an air mattress too.

Everything I've read about POR says the 5th person has to be 9 or under. Is that a hard and fast rule or is it just because of the size of the trundle bed? We could bring an air mattress if needed. I was also wondering about 2 rooms at one of the All Star resorts if that would be a cheaper way to go, but I'm not sure how Disney would be with my 19 & 17 year old staying in a room by themselves????

Just saw the SDP offer and I'm rethinking my trip in January. Planning to stay offsite, buy 7 day base tickets and pay for food OOP. Total trip looks like it will cost around $4000. My question is....

Is there any room whatsoever onsite that can come close to this and sleep 5? It's me and my 4 kids (ages 19, 17, 16, 13). Interested in the Regular DDP (not QS). Thanks!

Everything I've read about POR says the 5th person has to be 9 or under. Is that a hard and fast rule or is it just because of the size of the trundle bed? We could bring an air mattress if needed. I was also wondering about 2 rooms at one of the All Star resorts if that would be a cheaper way to go, but I'm not sure how Disney would be with my 19 & 17 year old staying in a room by themselves????

Your 19 year old is an adult, so it would not be a problem having them in a separate room. However, keep in mind that value resorts come with QS dining for the SPD deal, so you would have to pay extra to upgrade to the DDP.

Personally, I would go with POR in your situation. Bring an air mattress if needed. Yes, it will be tight, but I think it's doable if you really want to be onsite. :)

The 5th person does not have to be 9 at POR. That is the suggested age because of the size of the murphy bed. They would let you book 2 rooms as you would have someone over the age of 18 in both rooms. They would not guarantee they would connect, or even be next to each other.

we are a family of 5 and no matter how I look at it (and I've looked at it every way ;)) POR is the least expensive option. We are mom, dad, and 3 teens and they have tried to talk us out of POR for 5 however, I stuck to my guns cause we've been there and I know it works for my family. The murphy bed's mattress can come off the actual bed - so that's our plan, to put it on the floor for the 14 year old DS. S/P/D is a good deal and it when I calculate the costs off-site and then add in tickets and budget for food - it just makes sense to stay on-site! :goodvibes

I agree that POR would be the cheapest option for everybody in one room. As a pp said, your 19 & 17 yo would be fine in a room by themselves as the 19 yo is considered an adult and can be listed as the lead guest on the 2nd room (if you choose to go that route instead of 1 room at POR).

This might give you an idea of cost. DH and I and children 8, 5, 4 staying at POR Jan. 27-Feb 5 (9 nights), with regular dining plan, 7 day tickets no hoppers or waterparks: $3997 with S/P/D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter