Least busy times of year

karenperez

Future Disney Bride !!
What is the least busy time of year for WDW and how does Nov 26 - Dec 3 rank?

In my opinion, the least crowded time is in the fall when the kids go back to school in September and October. I Absolutely Love going because there are times where you are just All Alone in the parks. It is just too cool!

The least crowded trips I've been on were first week of Feb. & the end of Sept into the beginning of Oct.
The last week of August isn't too bad.

Nov 26 - Dec 3rd is bound to be on the busy side as it's Thanksgiving week. You would be better off going the next week. The early Dec. "secret" is out. It used to be a very quiet time during the week, but the last few years have really picked up.

October is no longer "not busy". Neither is the first week in December. So all that's left that is certifiably "not busy" at all are September (the heart of hurricane season), mid-November (after F&W is over but before the weekend before Thanskgiving), mid-December (after the weekend after Thanksgiving but before the weekend before Christmas), early January (after the weekend after New Years and excepting marathon weekend).

Okey Dokey Bicker :goodvibes
But I do have to add one thing: Up here in New York (as well as NJ and CT) our schools celebrate the Jewish holidays, which are Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashana (not sure of the spellings). That's when we ususally travel, and sometimes they're in Oct. sometimes in Sept.
While sitting in the hot tub with other resort members one Sept. or Oct. (not sure which one) everyone was going around introducing themselves while everyone's kids were in the pool. Everyone was talking about what they were doing down there, etc. My husband said that he loves coming down during the Jewish holidays because it's never crowded. Everyone looked at him like he had three heads :rolleyes2 They said, Jewish Holidays? Are you Jewish? What are you talking about? And my husband told them how our kids are off for certain Jewish Holidays. He said not one person in that hot tub believed that whole states would give kids off school for Jewish Holidays.

So that is our New Yorker secret to traveling - We go on the Jewish Holidays and it's Never crowded :woohoo:
BTW, we're practicing Catholics :angel:

It does depend on when F&W starts. It's become such a draw that it causes major crowding at Epcot, especially on the weekends.

Now that the kids are a little older I wanted to try that F&W event. Do you know if the dates are posted?

karenperez said:
What is the least busy time of year for WDW and how does Nov 26 - Dec 3 rank?

Keep in mind the first weekend in December is when they tape the Christmas Parade. We were there this past December, and we once again say, never again. THe resorts were packed and fast passes went quickly, esp. soarin. You might find a day or two within those days (Nov) that the crowd level is a little lower, but that first weekend of December will be a killer. I have been to WDW every month over the past 3 years and agree with others, there are no quiet times anymore. Summer has officially been taken off my list and I avoid the week of Christmas and 2 weeks around Easter. September and late January/beginning of February would be the only times I would say the parks are lighter.

Corryn said:
He said not one person in that hot tub believed that whole states would give kids off school for Jewish Holidays.

So that is our New Yorker secret to traveling - We go on the Jewish Holidays and it's Never crowded :woohoo:
BTW, we're practicing Catholics :angel:

I think that might be just for the counties in and around New York City. I can tell you not one school in my county or the surrounding counties gets off for Jewish holidays. In fact, I don't even know when they are. :) sorry.

But, even if it's just New York City......that's a lot of people. :teeth:

Corryn said:
In my opinion, the least crowded time is in the fall when the kids go back to school in September and October. I Absolutely Love going because there are times where you are just All Alone in the parks. It is just too cool!

We used to go at this time until our boys got into middle/high school....Boy, I miss those slow and easy times with no lines!!! :sad2:

Corryn said:
Okey Dokey Bicker :goodvibes
But I do have to add one thing: Up here in New York (as well as NJ and CT) our schools celebrate the Jewish holidays, which are Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashana (not sure of the spellings). That's when we ususally travel, and sometimes they're in Oct. sometimes in Sept.
While sitting in the hot tub with other resort members one Sept. or Oct. (not sure which one) everyone was going around introducing themselves while everyone's kids were in the pool. Everyone was talking about what they were doing down there, etc. My husband said that he loves coming down during the Jewish holidays because it's never crowded. Everyone looked at him like he had three heads :rolleyes2 They said, Jewish Holidays? Are you Jewish? What are you talking about? And my husband told them how our kids are off for certain Jewish Holidays. He said not one person in that hot tub believed that whole states would give kids off school for Jewish Holidays.

Our schools are off for Jewish holidays, too. This year, Yom Kippur is on a Monday (10/2), so that provides a nice 3 day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter