Lead guest in second room

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
We have two rooms booked for a fall trip- one room for my family and the other for my DIL's father. Right now I am the lead guest in both rooms. What should I do with the second room? Keep myself on and add my DIL's father or take myself off and have him be the only guest? Once that's done anything else I need to do? This is my first time booking a room that is for someone else. Thanks!

We have two rooms booked for a fall trip- one room for my family and the other for my DIL's father. Right now I am the lead guest in both rooms. What should I do with the second room? Keep myself on and add my DIL's father or take myself off and have him be the only guest? Once that's done anything else I need to do? This is my first time booking a room that is for someone else. Thanks!
You will most likely run into problems opening the door to your room if you remain on both reservations. Do a chat with MS to remove your name from his room and move him up to the lead name. It should not require any changes in MDE if the reservations are already linked.

You will most likely run into problems opening the door to your room if you remain on both reservations. Do a chat with MS to remove your name from his room and move him up to the lead name. It should not require any changes in MDE if the reservations are already linked.
Thank you!

I just did the same thing today - called MS (no wait!!) and took my name off the second room I had booked for my sister's family.

Here's another question. Do I link that reservation to My Disney Experience or have that guest do it in his? I'll want to link him to our dining reservation, Genie+, etc. Thanks!

Here's another question. Do I link that reservation to My Disney Experience or have that guest do it in his? I'll want to link him to our dining reservation, Genie+, etc. Thanks!
If the guest has his own MDE account, he can link the resort reservation to it. The resort reservation has nothing to do with including him in ADRs, Genie+, etc. - he simply needs to be listed in your F&F list and you need to have his permission to plan and share with him.

If the guest has his own MDE account, he can link the resort reservation to it. The resort reservation has nothing to do with including him in ADRs, Genie+, etc. - he simply needs to be listed in your F&F list and you need to have his permission to plan and share with him.
Thank you!

I'm sorry- I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this! Our guest isn't very MDE savvy, so I linked that room reservation to ours, but now my name is on there along with his (so I'm listed in both rooms). Do I need to have guest services remove my name? I assume the guest does the on-line check in, with his contact info, credit card info, etc? I just want to make sure that room requests are the same for both rooms so we have a better chance of being close together. Do I need to worry about that if the reservations are linked? Thanks!

I'm sorry- I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this! Our guest isn't very MDE savvy, so I linked that room reservation to ours, but now my name is on there along with his (so I'm listed in both rooms). Do I need to have guest services remove my name? I assume the guest does the on-line check in, with his contact info, credit card info, etc? I just want to make sure that room requests are the same for both rooms so we have a better chance of being close together. Do I need to worry about that if the reservations are linked? Thanks!
You will need to have your name removed from the reservation otherwise you will run the risk of your MB not working on your own door.

Call Disney reservations and modify the other guest's reservation to remove your name. Ask them to put a note on both reservations that you are traveling together and that you want to be near each other. Do not make any other room requests when doing online check in.

Your guest can do online check in with their own info. But they should also refrain from making additional room location requests during the process.

You will need to have your name removed from the reservation otherwise you will run the risk of your MB not working on your own door.

Call Disney reservations and modify the other guest's reservation to remove your name. Ask them to put a note on both reservations that you are traveling together and that you want to be near each other. Do not make any other room requests when doing online check in.

Your guest can do online check in with their own info. But they should also refrain from making additional room location requests during the process.
Thank you!

Booking for my daughter and son-in-law and was able to snag them a tower studio at riviera while the rest of the family will be in a 2BR. Our dates could change depending on work schedules. Since tower studios are so difficult to get, I just used my information (minus my middle initial) to book their room. I know I will have to change the lead guest at some point, but when that happens will I still have control of the reservation?

Booking for my daughter and son-in-law and was able to snag them a tower studio at riviera while the rest of the family will be in a 2BR. Our dates could change depending on work schedules. Since tower studios are so difficult to get, I just used my information (minus my middle initial) to book their room. I know I will have to change the lead guest at some point, but when that happens will I still have control of the reservation?
Yes, if booked on points the owner has control until the guest checks in.

My daughter is also a DVC member on our contract. I booked a Hilton Head trip for her last year and I don't remember being able to see that reservation when she was the leas guest.

My daughter is also a DVC member on our contract. I booked a Hilton Head trip for her last year and I don't remember being able to see that reservation when she was the leas guest.

It will always show on your Dashboard in the membership it was booked. However, the reservations can only be linked to one MDE account.

So, if your daughter links it to her own MDE, then you won't see it in your MDE, but will always see it on the DVC site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter