Le Cellier--Worth it?

Moonflicker

Earning My Ears
The last (and first) time I ate at Le Cellier was before they made it a signature. It was (and still is) the best restaurant I've eaten at at WDW.

We are going back with my family this Christmas, and my husband and I were thinking about celebrating our anniversary there, and I thought about having our own nice dinner at Le Cellier, and then just paying for one of our other meals since that will use two of our meal credits.

My question is, is it worth using two meals? I remember the food being so wonderful, but that was back in 2009 so I don't know if it has changed at all. Should we find a different way to celebrate? I'm sure I could think of something, there are so many options at WDW.

What do you think? And do any of you have other ideas for celebrating (it will be our 2nd anniversary)? I would love to hear them! This will be my 6th trip, and my husband's 2nd (his first was our honeymoon c: ).

Its not worth 2 credits. Not by a long shot. Steak is mediocre. There are far better places you can try: Citricos, Flying Fish, Monsieur Paul, Cali Grill or Yachtsman.

I'm not sure if its worth it but I know that we loved that the best as well. Yachtsman was very disappointing. So I would not go there.

Where else have you eaten at WDW? Because this place has not been one of the best places in YEARS IMHO. It's been resting on the fact that the "hype" keeps it filled.

I gave it another chance after it went signature. One of the biggest ripoff meals ever. I won't be back!

We had dinner there in January on our anniversary and really enjoyed it. Our kids were welcome and all of our food and drinks were delicious. The service was great. Just a disclaimer though, we had never eaten there before and we were NOT on the DDP. We used our TiW card.

The last (and first) time I ate at Le Cellier was before they made it a signature. It was (and still is) the best restaurant I've eaten at at WDW.

We are going back with my family this Christmas, and my husband and I were thinking about celebrating our anniversary there, and I thought about having our own nice dinner at Le Cellier, and then just paying for one of our other meals since that will use two of our meal credits.

My question is, is it worth using two meals? I remember the food being so wonderful, but that was back in 2009 so I don't know if it has changed at all. Should we find a different way to celebrate? I'm sure I could think of something, there are so many options at WDW.

What do you think? And do any of you have other ideas for celebrating (it will be our 2nd anniversary)? I would love to hear them! This will be my 6th trip, and my husband's 2nd (his first was our honeymoon c: ).

I agree with some of the others that it isn't worth 2 credits (at least not to me). For a signature, we love Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point. Plus, IMO, the atmosphere at Yachtsman and Artist Point is much more romantic for an anniversary dinner than Le Cellier.

My husband and I loved it and would totally use our dining plan on it again. We really loved the food so for us, it's worth it. We plan to go again on our next trip.

I'm not sure if its worth it but I know that we loved that the best as well. Yachtsman was very disappointing. So I would not go there.

I agree Yachtsman was very disappointing, I like Le Cellier I would not say it is the best signature restaurant but I think it's pretty darn good :) I would eat there :)

Our Ratings of Le Cellier "Signature": (rev 3/16/2013)
(As of 1/16/2013, Le Cellier has gone to an all-day 2-TS Credit menu.)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: D
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: The food quality has not improved greatly nor has the interior
since becoming a "signature" restaurant, I expect top service, food and
surrundings. I don't want dark boding colors, and worn carpets. Dungeons
have more warmth. The cooks are not that good in preparing fine steaks;
they are still used to the medium quality steaks that are the staple of the
old menu. This is a true disappointment for a "signature" meal. They went
an increased the price without increasing the food or experience. The
reputation has always been overrated. I liken the effect as either "Drinking
the Koolaid" or "Lemmings to the Sea". Due to hard-to-get-ressies, people
always assumed it was better than it is/was.

NOTE2: Unknown to many is that the food taste is raised much like frozen
foods through the addition of sodium. This is true of many WDW eateries.
As a comparison, Le Cellier is about the same as an Outback for beef.

Where else have you eaten at WDW? Because this place has not been one of the best places in YEARS IMHO. It's been resting on the fact that the "hype" keeps it filled.

Well, we have never eaten at a signature restaurant. I have eaten at Tony's, Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, Captain Jack's, Shutter's, Turf Club, 'Ohana, and a few others over the years. I do want to go to Artist Point some time, so maybe we will try that.

In my defense, I am not that hard to please, and I love pretty much anything in WDW because I just love everything there so much. heh When we ate there I thought our food was just fantastic, and I really do love the atmosphere there. I enjoy the darkness of it, and that it actually feels like a cellar. That's just my opinion.

I will check out the other signatures out there. We've got until June before we can make our reservations, so I'm sure we'll figure it out by then!

Thanks for all your input. :) Also, if anybody has suggestions I'm still up for them!

We were unable to get LeCellier last time (didn't expect to have time to go then planned trip on 4 months notice). I know DW and DD were pretty disappointed. They absolutely love the pretzel bread and you can't get it anywhere else; therefore, I don't think I could convince them that something else is better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter