Le Cellier - Still a great value for 1 TS - Updated with June 2007 Pictures

Hey :thumbsup2 thanks for the terrific pictures and reviews! We have an ADR for Le Cellier in Sept. after trying and not getting one the last 3 trips! :cheer2: :banana: My 2 sons are very excited... love a good steak!

It's great to hear good reviews ... we can't wait for Sept.

pixiedust: Pixie dust to you! pixiedust:

We enjoyed Le Cellier twice this vacation (planning is a must for this restaurant)!!

Duck Confit

e8caff8a.jpg

e8cafdcf.jpg

Just curious about the duck?!?!?! I am considering trying this on our next trip. Would you mind describing it for me.

Thank Mrs. Disney Ron

OMG, what wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. We will be dining at Le Cellier for the first time in January and we are so excited. Seeing these pictures make me even more so. Just one problem, though. I have always intended to have the Cheddar Cheese Soup for my appetizer. Then, I heard about the duck and thought that might be good. Now, after seeing these pics, how can I NOT get the duck?! But I still want the cheddar cheese soup, too! WAHHHHH! Decisions, decisions..... OK, so what would you suggest, the duck or the soup......?:confused:

A couple of questions.
1) The tuna looks extremely rare. Was it cooked adequately?
2) Was that cake the chocolate whiskey cake? If so, did you taste the whiskey, or was it just nice rich chocolate cake?

Tuna was served cold, in salad. The outer edge (millimeter) had been seared. You'll find Ahi Tuna on many menus this year - sizable, chewy chunks on the salad at the Sunshine Food Fair - delicate, delicious nuggests on the California Grill flatbread (haven't posted those, yet). Recommendation - if you like sashimi, you will like this. If you only like your fish thoroughly cooked, this is not a good choice.

My son had the chocolate cake. He liked it, but I'll have to ask him what impact the whiskey had on the flavor. He'll be home later. By the time I finished my smootie, appetizer and entree, I only had room for sorbet!

Just curious about the duck?!?!?! I am considering trying this on our next trip. Would you mind describing it for me.

I may not do justice to the duck description, but here are a few random thoughts:
  • It was very tasty.
  • It was unique (not standard offering on Disney table service restaurants)
  • Doesn't have to be mutually exclusive - we ordered the duck on the DDP and paid for bowl of soup separately (with DDE 20% discount) - mostly for dipping the pretzel bread.
  • I am pretty sure the cheese soup will be on the menu forever - go for the duck! Much more interesting!
  • You can probably get a better description from the server and make a same-day decision or maybe other DISsers can weigh in!

Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to eat there again! Our August trip won't include Le Cellier unfortunately. Going on a tight budget and decided to go about a week after Free Dining was announced for that week so no ADRs to be had. But for November, got my ADR for 6:20 on the 14th!

ooh! That Ahi Tuna looks yummy. What all is on the plate around it?

Accompanying the tuna:
  • 1/2 hard boiled egg with ground yolk
  • homemade wafer/cracker with same spices as used in the tuna-searing
  • greens - not sure what they were - will update if I find a Le Cellier menu in my papers!

Hi: Just wondering if potatoes come with the steak?

Deb.

The steak did come with potatoes. My son was in the mood for asparagus and requested a substitution.

Every restaurant was more than willing to work with any customization we requested - within the limits of the kitchen inventory!

Le Cellier is one place we do not miss whenever we go. Even if we can only manage to squeeze lunch in, we go. This trip (Oct. 14-24/07), it's supper on the 14th before Illuminations.

Something to look forward to, eh? (I live on the border as well - am fluent in Canadian-glish)

Looks like we'll have some overlap - we'll be somewhere in Disney Oct 19-20 - just not sure where, yet. Should probably make my LC reservation now (if they aren't already booked in conjunction with F&W festival!).

The food looks super yummy! Thanks for posting the lovely photos!

A couple of questions.

1) The tuna looks extremely rare. Was it cooked adequately?

2) Was that cake the chocolate whiskey cake? If so, did you taste the whiskey, or was it just nice rich chocolate cake?

I didn't actually taste the cake - my DS17 did. DS19 sampled it. Both liked it. DS17 thought the whiskey taste was mild. DS19 indicated that it has been stronger in prior visits - may vary with the staff?

We will be a LC during our trip in august and could only get a lunch ressie we will ahve our children do the have a menu for children ( 4 and 8) chicken nuggets/strips kinda thing?

We will be a LC during our trip in august and could only get a lunch ressie we will ahve our children do the have a menu for children ( 4 and 8) chicken nuggets/strips kinda thing?

We ate there last week with our 6 and 8 year olds- they have a children's menu.

Entrees included pizza, beef macaroni dish and steak. (Steak costs $2 out of pocket if you are on the dining plan).
Sides included carrots and celery sticks with ranch or cheese soup
Dessert included either fruit cup or make your own sundae.

Our kids really didn't mind eating there with us... (we ate their 2 times on our trip! we love the soup!!!!) they were excited to know that they could choose a shake or smoothie for their beverage and it was included on the DP.

Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter