Le Cellier - slow to load or closure?

CarrieR

DIS Veteran
Made reservations this AM for our August trip... 18 people so it was like a military operation! Anyways, we had some difficulties with Le Cellier. My friend tried to book for 8/13, no times available. It's a party of 4 at lunch, at 180+ days, that's not right. So I tried, popped right up, made a res. But the res booked for 8/12. Now when I look, on 8/12 the world is my oyster. But there is nothing at all available 8/13, 14, 15, 16... what gives? Is it slow to load or is there a closure/refurb? I searched but didn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Without a refurb having been announced, I would guess slow to load. I would also be surprised if they chose to refurb such a popular restaurant in the summer. I've also been seeing more and more restaurants loading reservations slowly lately.

Thanks! That's good to know. We got everything else we wanted when we wanted it (for a party of 18!) so I can handle a hiccup... just wanted to know if I needed patience or a plan b. :-)

Thanks! That's good to know. We got everything else we wanted when we wanted it (for a party of 18!) so I can handle a hiccup... just wanted to know if I needed patience or a plan b. :-)
Given that the size of your party is so large, I would make a plan B reservation anyway, and then just keep checking for Le Cellier to open up and cancel your first reservation when it does.

Oh - fourteen of the 18 are eating in Mexico. There's just 4 of us who are eating at LC (we arrive the night before the rest of the crew, so we have an extra credit - and since we're on the DDP, the girls wanted to eat at LC. We won't pay OOP for it anymore.)

You're totally right though, if we wanted all 18 I'd totally want a backup! :-)

Oh - fourteen of the 18 are eating in Mexico. There's just 4 of us who are eating at LC (we arrive the night before the rest of the crew, so we have an extra credit - and since we're on the DDP, the girls wanted to eat at LC. We won't pay OOP for it anymore.)

You're totally right though, if we wanted all 18 I'd totally want a backup! :-)
Do you realize that LeCellier is now a 2 credit signature?
We had a wonderful meal there a few years ago...

I'm hoping for LC in August too! Not so patiently waiting for my 180+10 to open up on Tuesday!!

Some years ago, my TA insisted that it was best to wait about 1-2 weeks after my ADR window opened to book . She said not all seats are loaded right away. I was very dubious, but let her handle it (I was traveling during free dining). She got everything I asked for, including the Castle, Le Cellier, Ohana, etc etc all at the times I wanted.

This time I am doing my bookings myself (and will not wait lol!) and will do my best not to panic if I run into situations like yours.

I'm hoping for LC in August too! Not so patiently waiting for my 180+10 to open up on Tuesday!!

Some years ago, my TA insisted that it was best to wait about 1-2 weeks after my ADR window opened to book . She said not all seats are loaded right away. I was very dubious, but let her handle it (I was traveling during free dining). She got everything I asked for, including the Castle, Le Cellier, Ohana, etc etc all at the times I wanted.

This time I am doing my bookings myself (and will not wait lol!) and will do my best not to panic if I run into situations like yours.

That makes no sense to me. I'm glad for you that it worked out. There's no reason she couldn't have told you, "book everything that you can on the first day and then anything you couldn't get will probably open later, so keep trying" :confused3

That makes no sense to me. I'm glad for you that it worked out. There's no reason she couldn't have told you, "book everything that you can on the first day and then anything you couldn't get will probably open later, so keep trying" :confused3

I am sure it was for her convenience. I imagine making reservations is a fair bit of work for a TA and for her to book what she can, then go back a week later to keep checking, etc etc would all add up to a fair bit of extra time for her. I found it an interesting concept I had really not heard discussed on the Dis much and at that time - decided I would just trust her (I had done a lot of research before choosing to work with her and she was very experienced and knowledgeable) and let her handle it the way she wanted (and it was rather nice for me to skip the tedious steps of making reservations). I will say - whatever she had to do, she got me all my dining reservations with no issues, including all the hard-to-get-ones.

Since I am doing ADRs myself this time, I'm going to do as you suggest though. I'm too excited to book lol!

Not sure if you tried, but I would definitely call. I have had problems booking Le Cellier online thinking the times were slow to load, but when I called the CM had availability. Good Luck!

Do you realize that LeCellier is now a 2 credit signature?
We had a wonderful meal there a few years ago...

Yes :) As I said in my post above, we arrive a night before the rest of the crew, which means we have an extra credit. So they'll go to Mexico, and the four of us early arrivers will head to LC to use our "extra" credit. (Thank you though!! It could really screw up a trip for someone who doesn't know.)

This whole thing was like a military operation. We have three Disney vets, eleven Disney novices and four kids. Because of the large party size - and the fact that the family insisted on eating almost every meal together (despite my best attempts to the contrary,) we had to split many reservations... all three vets plus our TA were on at 6A to get everything secured. We each had a prescribed list of reservations... No WAY could she have talked us into waiting! LOL. We got everything necessary... except this pesky BoG.

I appreciate knowing they're slow to load. I just checked again - nothing - so I'll call later today. Thanks!

FYI: My window opened this morning. I am trying for LC on 8/22. Nothing available for me either. And like you said - unlikely to be fully booked this far out. I wanted a 6pm reservation for 6. I also tried for 2 and 4 people. Nothing.

I also had a lot of trouble getting the page to load - it said "someone ate the page". I had to refresh for it to load at all.

Yes :) As I said in my post above, we arrive a night before the rest of the crew, which means we have an extra credit. So they'll go to Mexico, and the four of us early arrivers will head to LC to use our "extra" credit. (Thank you though!! It could really screw up a trip for someone who doesn't know.)

This whole thing was like a military operation. We have three Disney vets, eleven Disney novices and four kids. Because of the large party size - and the fact that the family insisted on eating almost every meal together (despite my best attempts to the contrary,) we had to split many reservations... all three vets plus our TA were on at 6A to get everything secured. We each had a prescribed list of reservations... No WAY could she have talked us into waiting! LOL. We got everything necessary... except this pesky BoG.

I appreciate knowing they're slow to load. I just checked again - nothing - so I'll call later today. Thanks!
WOW! Sounds like a military operation!
You did it wisely though, kudos!

By the by, I finally called a bit ago. The automated system told me "this restaurant does not serve breakfast." (I'd put in 12:30pm.) The CM, despite hopping in her time machine, had no luck either.

Hopefully they'll load soon, because I'm not sure what else we're going to do with an extra credit! :confused3

By the by, I finally called a bit ago. The automated system told me "this restaurant does not serve breakfast." (I'd put in 12:30pm.) The CM, despite hopping in her time machine, had no luck either.

Hopefully they'll load soon, because I'm not sure what else we're going to do with an extra credit! :confused3

Wondering if there is a refurb planned? I checked the website and all dates are greyed out after mid August.

Yeah, today when I tried it tells me to call 407 WDW DINE. I guess I'll call again later.

(Working so hard to get this res for my friends... Did I mention I'm a vegetarian? LOL!)

Let us know what you find out when you call. When I called yesterday the CM thought the reservations were just slow to load and to check back in a few days.

Following - part of me will be thrilled if they weren't open during our Sept trip! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter