Le Cellier Best Service but "my worst meal"

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
Party of 5
4 Disney Adults on the Dining plan and a 1 yr old.

Le Cellier has been our groups favorite place to dine at Disney for probably 5 years now. I had never experienced bad food here but then theres this trip. Here is what our group ordered.

Appetizers
2 shrimp cocktails and the cheese soup

Okay in all our trips I had never ahd the cheese soup. And I will never have it again, I'm pretty sure my systolic BP shot up 30 points with one bite. Is it suppose to be that salty? Nope not for me. The shrimp cocktails were fine in flavor but I was sad to see the change in presentation. From creative to lets just throw them in a bowl.

Entrees
1 Filet and 2 14 oz Strips

The youngest son and I had planned to split one of the 14oz strips, the 16 yr old enjoyed the other, and the DH had the filet. All were ordered medium. The one I recieved was well done. I tried to eat it but it wasn't happening. Ty, the most fabulous server, came by and inquire as to the uneaten steak and noticed before I could even answer what the problem was. After some discussion with Don the manager, they decided to comp the meal by returning my dining credit and then almost forced me to take something to go. They allowed us to enjoy the appetizer and dessert and wanted to send additional food with me for later if I got hungry. So my meal stunk but the outstanding service and previous visits will ensure we will return. Everyone elses steaks were fine.

Desserts
2 choc cakes and the Strawberries with ice cream "very very good"

Not considering my steak, I would rate our experience a 9.5 on a 10 point scale. The exceptional service shown to me by Don and Ty was nothing short of perfection. I was almost embarrassed the fuss they made. 2 Table Service credits= $119.43

Sorry about your bad experience. My DH and I have eaten there several times and have had so so food and also some really bad service. But we will go again as this doesn't happen all of the time. :goodvibes

Thanks SnowWitch for the review. I'm sorry your steak was bad but you know, this shows what I have said for a long time.........chefs make mistakes, waiters make mistakes, hotel clerks make mistakes............I know it's going to happen, it's LIFE! But how THEY RESOLVE the mistakes says how GOOD they are.

Bravo to Le Cellier for trying to make you happy after they messed up. :cheer2: This is how it should be all of the time as far as the customer service goes. Bravo!

I'm sorry your steak wasn't good, but I just wanted to say that we had Ty as our server in December and he was great. I'm glad he and Don were able to do something for you to make up for the steak. :)

Cant wait to go to Le Cellier for myself...Sorry you had a bad-ish meal. We've been excited for this. May I ask if people get all dressed up for this meal or go as is? Our ressies are later (8:10) and dont want to show up like idiots in t-shirts and jeans if its dressy.
Thanks for the review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter