• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier and vouchers

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
I've been to their menu at Deb's site and am finding it hard to see how you save $ with the lunch vouchers at this restaurant. Can someone help me?

You may have to eat a lot or have expensive taste to make them worth it. I've heard that the servers will help you choose expensive things!

The vouchers costs $29.50 for adults or $12.50 for children and is valid for a full meal including appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage

Let's see how I do!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starters - Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - $3.99
Entrees (I like steak) 10 oz. New York Strip Steak - $17.99
Desserts Apple Tart with Caramel $4.99
drink ?? 1.50

total of 28.47 + 1.70 tax + $4.27 tip (15%) = $34.44
so you'd save $4.94

There are more expensive appetizer choices, but not much in the way of entrees. I think that if you know you are going to eat a big meal it would work.

For us, it would only pay to use 1 because even though we'd probably both get streaks, and DH might get the soup, we usually split a dessert. It's only worth it if you want a big meal & would order it anyway. I usually just drink water & DH would get a beer, so we don't need the non alcoholic beverages.

I really think that Connections vouchers are similar to how disney packages work/don't work for everyone. If you eat salads & chicken & water, it's not worth it. If you eat dessert at every meal, maybe it is. If you want your food prepaid, it's good for you. If you want to watch every penny, maybe it's not.

See who can relate to this! You're seated, get the menu and you sweetly look at your spouse and say "honey order what you wish I've already paid $ (you fill in the amount) for the meal. For me it'd be worth LOSING several dollars if need be, just to spare DH the stress. Is my DH the only one who teasingly announces "O.K., how much is this trip going to cost us??" As generous as he is, I still feel wonderful knowing he's not mentally adding up the numbers on the menu:D

Well, we are totally guilty on this one, we went right ahead & ordered the most expensive things on the menu & this was the BEST meal we've had on Disney property... We got:

Shrimp Cocktail appetizer $8.99
Beefsteak Tomato Stack appetizer 6.99
2 10 oz. New York Strip Steak $17.99 = 35.98
Classic Creme Brulee $4.99
Apple Tart with Caramel $4.99
2 sodas ~5.00
2 coffees ~ 4.00 (they included these in the voucher)

~71 +6% (4.26) +15% (11.30)=86.56 -55 (voucher cost) =31.56 savings

Now, the problem is my DH loved this restaurant & his steak in particular that we will always have to go back!! He always eat the Tomato Stack as an appetizer if we go to a restaurant that has it & we are guilty of doing the dessert thing, although we shared all of this with our children, especially the dessert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter