Layaway?

theducksdidit

Mouseketeer
I was trying to find somewhere to put clothes on layaway (online) for my daughter and I for Disney :goodvibes. I know, WAY in advance :rolleyes:. But, the only places I've found is K-Mart and Sears... But they don't have much of a clothing selection (I want Disney brand) for layaway. I googled ''clothing layaway'' but haven't found anything ... Anyone know of anything other than K-Mart and Sears? There might not even be anything, but thought I'd ask y'all :) Thank y'all!!

Why not just put like $5 or $10 in an envelope every week. Then you can use the money for a sale at Disney Store or on Wal Mart Disney shirts, both of which are the cheaper options for Disney shirts.

Very few places offer layaway since they have gone to pushing store credit cards. Marshalls and TJmaxx offer layaway. I have seen some Disney.

I like the idea of just putting 5-10 bucks back each week... I'm going to start doing that! Thanks y'all!!

I also second the idea of putting $5-$10 way each pay. How do you even know what size you will be in when you go to Disney in 10 months???

I did not even think about that lol. Hopefully smaller!! :rolleyes:

LOL! I love that, hopefully smaller. I would definately just put money into a jar. Because if you buy clothes for your size now, and your smaller when it's time to go your going to have to buy more clothes!

I was trying to find somewhere to put clothes on layaway (online) for my daughter and I for Disney :goodvibes. I know, WAY in advance :rolleyes:. But, the only places I've found is K-Mart and Sears... But they don't have much of a clothing selection (I want Disney brand) for layaway. I googled ''clothing layaway'' but haven't found anything ... Anyone know of anything other than K-Mart and Sears? There might not even be anything, but thought I'd ask y'all :) Thank y'all!!

Layaway is not a good option for the stores, mainly because much of that merchandise goes unclaimed, taking-up valuable backroom space.

Target got out of it many years ago, and more recently/famously, Walmart discontinued layaway a few years ago, leaving only two national big-box/general merchandise retailers still in the layaway game:

• Sears/Kmart
  • AAFES (Military BX/PX)

LOL! I love that, hopefully smaller. I would definately just put money into a jar. Because if you buy clothes for your size now, and your smaller when it's time to go your going to have to buy more clothes!

We've had a change jar going for a while. But today my mom found a Disney Vacation Club box at a thrift store and got it for me!! I'm not a member of the Vacation Club but it's going to be what I put my money back in from now on!! :cool1:

I work for a regional, privately-held department store in the NJ/PA area and we still offer layaway to our customers.

In reality though, its not much different than using a credit card. Our maximum period of time on clothing is 30 days with a payment required every 14 days, so you are expected to pay it off in a month. After 30 days, if not paid off and taken out then it is cancelled and the customer is given a refund by mail (check) less a $5 cancellation fee.

I continue to be shocked at the number of people who repeatedly put stuff on layaway then don't make the payments. A minimum $5 downpayment or 10% of the balance, whichever is greater, is required so that if we DO have to cancel it we already have the $5 in hand.

No need for layaway. Walmart has Disney t's for $7 or less. Buy one every month and store in a suitcase. You'll be all set for your trip.

No need for layaway. Walmart has Disney t's for $7 or less. Buy one every month and store in a suitcase. You'll be all set for your trip.

My Walmart just discounted a bunch of the $7 tees to $4, I picked up 3 of them for our trip. I got Rapunzel, Marie and Chip and Dale. O, I also got a Minnie Mouse one at Target over the weekend for $5.

I also second the idea of putting $5-$10 way each pay. How do you even know what size you will be in when you go to Disney in 10 months???

I bought clothes for next spring in northern CA.. aside from being pregnant, I've been the same size sine I was a senior in hs. Not everyone changes sizes in less than a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter