LAX to Disneyland and back

labagit

Mouseketeer
We will be renting a car at LAX at about 10am Sunday and then driving back on Monday for a flight at 8pm. What route is recommended? Would different routes be recommended for the different days since Monday there will be commute traffic? I'm a bit concerned about the traffic on the drive back Monday night. What time do you suggest I leave the Disneyland area? Thank you.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=803555

To get to the hotels on Harbor Drive: From the rental places, drive south to Century Blvd, and turn left (east). Get in your right lane, and on Aviation, turn right (south). Get in the left lane. (About 1.5 miles will be a restaurant called Proud Bird - if you're hungry, get a bite to eat here. It's a nice restaurant.)

Turn left (east) on Imperial Hwy - it will be the big street after Proud Bird. (Wave hello to Northrop Grumman on the corner of Aviation & Imperial Hwy - that's where I work :) )

As soon as you turn left, get in the right lane, and get on the 105 fwy going east. Get in the carpool lane, and take this freeway all the way to the end. Take the 605 fwy south & stay in the right lane. About 2 miles down you'll hit the 91 fwy east. Get in the carpool lane and stay there until you get to the 5 fwy south. Use the carpool lane to get on the 5 south. Stay in the carpool lane until you see Euclid, and then edge over. Go past the Disneyland Drive exit. The next exit is Harbor. Turn right on Harbor. Disneyland will be on your right & you'll see the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Monorail track... The Harbor hotels will be on your left, but are blocked by an island. Go past many hotels until you get to a left turn lane that will let you make a U-turn. Make the U-turn, and then go into the Park Inn parking lot.

To get to the Disneyland Resort Hotels: Stay in the carpool lane on 5 fwy and take the carpool lane exit to Disneyland Drive (very convenient). Turn left when you get off of the freeway. There will be a gas station on your right side (corner of Disneyland Drive & Ball). Stay on your right lane or you will end up in the theme park parking structure. Disneyland and Paradise Pier hotels will be on the right side of the street, and the Grand Californian will be on the left side, across the street from the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Click on picture for a bigger view of map

In short:

Century Blvd (away from the airport) - Aviation & turn right - Imperial Hwy and turn left - 105 fwy east - 605 fwy south - 91 fwy east - 5 fwy south - Harbor Blvd & turn right

or

Century Blvd (away from the airport) - Aviation & turn right - Imperial Hwy and turn left - 105 fwy east - 605 fwy south - 91 fwy east - 5 fwy south - Disneyland Drive & turn left

Thank you. This seemed like the logical route from other sources, but I just wasn't sure if traffic would change the way we should go. Can anyone recommend how much time to allow for the drive on a Monday evening?

I would allow for 1.5hrs drive time to get to LAX.. you never know what the traffic will be like. You may hit nothing or you may hit a lot.

I don't live to far from LAX and on a typical day it takes me 45mins-1hr with light to moderate traffic to get to DLR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter