Lauren & George's Wishes Wedding- 12.01/16- WP/Attic *Updated 11/06: TR Day 6!

OMG! I was just going to get on here to tell you, on thanksgiving I creepily was like omg it's only a week till Lauren's wedding. Everything looks great and will be great! When you get back you'll have to tell me who made your bouquets!

I can't wait for the pictures, Congratulations! Happy wedding week :)

Thank you!!! The bouquets were made by an Etsy seller named greencycledesigns. I believe she is currently on hiatus until January 2017, but she should be back!

3 days to go!!! Oh my gosh! Unfortunately, we are just going to miss you by a few days before you leave for your honeymoon. Everything looks great and has come together so nicely. I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! :goodvibes

Eeeeeekkkkk 3 days!!! What a bummer...would have loved to see you and Josh! But I know you'll be back and hopefully we can meet up someday :)

Instagram!
I forgot to mention in my last update that I religiously update my Instagram account, so if you'd like to follow along on the wedding day and honeymoon adventures, my Instagram handle is @lauren_rausch

I have been lurking on your TR. Congrats on the wedding! I am sure it will be amazing! Getting married at Disney at Christmas is my dream. Sadly no Disney wedding for me, I have too many people Id need to invite so the cost would be more than I can afford. But I will settle for a Disney engagement and having my engagement photos taken there! I have several friends planting the idea in DBF's head right now. Compromise right? I followed you on Instagram, I cannot wait to see photos of the big day and hear about your Honeymoon!

Thanks, everyone!!! The wedding was absolutely perfect and best day ever! I'm so happy it's over though! Haha. I'm actually on the plane to go to Hawaii now so I'll update in the next few weeks when I get home and catch up on real life. In the meantime, our photographers have posted a sneak peek of our photos, so if you want to check that out, they are on my Facebook page or on our photographer's FB page (Cricket's Photography). Aloha!

Congrats on your wedding and I hope you guys are having a blast at my favorite, Aulani!

Glad I Did/Wish I'd Done

I'm back, ya'll! Its been two weeks since the wedding and time is already flying! I still can't even register that next weekend is Christmas. So crazy. Well after all the stress and anxiety that came along with wedding planning, I have to say that the wedding was absolutely perfect and went off without a hitch! The honeymoon was great too, though I was sick with a cold the whole entire time, so I kinda wish I could have a do-over with that. Anyways, before I get all caught up in the holidays, I wanted to put together my Glad I Did/Wish I'd Done list, and my vendor reviews. I'll also throw in some of my wedding sneak peek photos that our photographer's have sent us because I'm SO obsessed with them all. I don't plan on starting our wedding day recap/trip report until I have all of our photos back, which will still be another 3-4 weeks from now. Without further ado, lets start with the Glad I Did's (since they FAR outweight the Wish I'd Dones).

Glad I Did...

Had a Disney Wedding.
This is by far the best decision we've ever made and if you've read my whole PJ, then you know it nearly didn't happen. Between figuring out if we could even afford a Disney wedding, cutting our guest list to only immediate family, and then all the drama (family and otherwise) that came along with planning the wedding, I sometimes didn't think I was going to make it through all of this. But having our dream wedding through Disney was perfect and seriously the best day ever! There's not a single thing I would have changed about our day and I'm so thankful that I stuck to my gut and went this route.

Used Picture Point as our ceremony venue. We originally booked the Wedding Pavilion as our ceremony venue and I'm not going to lie, I was not excited about it. Its such a beautiful venue but I always envisioned getting married outdoors and I just didn't love the churchy feel that I got from the Wedding Pavilion. However, it was George's favorite venue and he didn't love my first two choices, Seabreeze Point or the Yacht Club Gazebo so I caved (since I chose our reception venue). After we officially signed our paperwork for the Wedding Pavilion, George got the idea that the WP would look super empty with just our 25 guests and asked our planner if we could have our ceremony out at Picture Point since we already had the WP booked. She said yes, and from there on out, Picture Point was our venue! It was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our intimate wedding and I got to have my dream of getting married outside! Plus it was nice and private without any onlookers.

Had a first-look. There was never any question that I wasn't going to have a first-look, but it definitely was one of the best decisions of the day. On the morning of the wedding, I kept pretty cool...until about halfway through getting my hair and makeup done. Then I got really nervous. The nerves stayed all the way through the morning leading up to the ceremony...that is until our first-look. Right after my now husband turned around and saw my complete look, all my nerves seemed to melt away. I was no longer nervous about walking down and aisle or reading my vows because I got to spend some one-on-one time with him and everything was just right. The first look itself was actually kind of awkward as after our initial comments on how amazing each other looked, we didn't really know what to do, but then our photographers sensed that and we started on some of our portraits (which I'm also super glad we got done before the wedding). Then a swarm of birds flew over the pavilion and George got pooped on. LOL. Way to break the ice!

Hired an experienced Disney photographer. We initially went back and forth between bringing in our own photographer or just going with a package from DFAP...until we found out that you don't actually get to choose your photographer through DFAP. That's when our decision was a no-brainer. We started looking into photographers a few days after we signed our contract with Disney. I had a favorite (The Roots) but no matter how I tried to make it work, just couldn't afford them. I also looked into another former-DFAP photographer that I liked but she was already booked. Finally, that same evening, I saw a post online that Cricket (a former, very popular DFAP photographer) was back and could officially book Disney wedding again starting in December 2016. As soon as I showed George their photos, he told me to book them and it was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Cricket has an amazing eye and is so knowledgeable of Disney weddings. It was a perfect fit. I knew before even seeing any of our photos that our pictures were going to be amazing, but now that I've seen our sneak peeks, I know Cricket was the perfect photographer for us! Seriously, we have some pretty epic pictures (that we've seen so far).

Kept our guest list small. Not that we really had a choice because we couldn't afford to invite more guests, but even if we could have, our guest list was perfect. Like I've mentioned before, I hate being the center of attention, so keeping things small really helped keep me calm(er). We only had 23 guests and it was all of our immediate family (moms, dads, grandparents, siblings) and just a few of our very close, mutual friends. Between the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner the night before, everyone had started getting to know each other and by the wedding day, everyone was able to mingle and enjoy each other's company instead of talking to strangers. It was great!

Had a friend do my hair and makeup. While I'm sure that any of the preferred hair and makeup artists would have made me look beautiful, I'm so, so happy that my good friend Anna did my hair and makeup for my wedding day! While I was getting my hair done the morning of the wedding, I started to get REALLY nervous...almost to the point of shaking. It was so nice that I wasn't freaking out in front of a stranger, but rather a close friend of mine who told me it was going to be alright and was able to help settle me down. Not only that, but she knocked my look out of the park! I'm so lucky to have such a talented friend <3

Stayed in a 1-bedroom villa. While I'm sure we could have made it happen if we booked a normal hotel room, having ALL that extra room to get ready in was so convenient. The 1-bedroom villas at the Boardwalk were INSANE and I could seriously live there. We had so much room to hang out and get ready, that no one even got in each other's way once. Plus, George and I brought a lot of stuff for the wedding with us, which would have taken up half of a normal hotel room. Our planner was also able to reserve the room closest to the Attic (where our reception was) and it was literally 10 steps away, so once the wedding was over, we were able to just walk everything over to our room without having to use bell services. If you can spring to get a 1-bedroom villa for your wedding stay, I highly recommend it.

Had a designated MC/coordinator. While Kristie was the best planner ever and made sure everything went off without a hitch, I also asked my bridesmaid/bestie, Meghan, to help MC and coordinate that reception. She has a career in PR/marketing and hosts events for a living, so I knew I was in good hands. She made all of the major announcements, made sure our music and playlists were being played (which saved us TONS of money), and made sure to collect all of our wedding stuff that we had brought ourselves once the reception was over. She was organized, efficient, and such a huge help and I can't thank her enough for that.

Brought our GoPro. We knew from the start that videography wasn't in our budget and that it just wasn't that important to us. While it would have been nice to have a gorgeous wedding video that I've seen some of my other Disbrides friends have, it just wasn't a top priority for me. Then on Black Friday, we found a great deal on a Go Pro, which my fiancé bought so we could take videos on our honeymoon in Hawaii. $250 out the door. The day before the wedding, he decided that he was going to bring the Go Pro to the ceremony and set it up to face us on the Picture Point arch. I didn't think that it would look that great, but we watched the video later that night and it seriously looked like a professional video and I'm SO SO happy to have our vows (which we worked really hard on) on camera! He also set the Go Pro up on our sweetheart table at the reception and it showed the whole room, so we also have really nice videos of our first dances, toasts, and cake cutting :) Such an awesome investment and literally saved thousands on videography.

Hired the 501st. Star Wars is a huge passion of my husband's (he is a stormtrooper in the 501st) and we were told over and over again that DFTW was no longer allowed to have the 501st attend their events. Well Kristie must have done some major convincing on our parts because after being told no so many times, it was finally approved a couple of months before the wedding and George was thrilled! It took me a little longer to get excited about it because I was worried that with already having Mickey and Minnie planned for the cake cutting, that it would be too much (and worried about my family's reactions/eye rolls). However, they were a HUGE hit and everyone loved it so much! We had Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and two stromtroopers (all friends of George and I) and they were just so much fun. Even my mom and grandma who I didn't think would get it said it was perfectly us! I still don't know whether or not 501st is now allowed to do weddings at Disney going forward, but if they are, I can't recommend them enough!

Wish I'd Done...

Had a Dessert Party.
I really, really wanted a Dessert Party and tried so hard to make it happen, but it just wasn't in the cards. First, it was not in our budget (though I would have charged it because I wanted one so badly) and it also would have been difficult to organize with our guests since our reception ended at 4 and none of our guests were staying on property since they are all local. However, I was still willing to try, but I knew that I wanted the UK Lockside or Pubside and none were available. I had Kristie check for us every single month but it never became available and I didn't like any of the other location options I was given so I just decided to give up on the DP and save some money instead. I'm hoping we can do a small, private dessert party at UK Pubside for just my husband and I for either our first or second wedding anniversary.

Done our Portrait Sessions right away. An MK portrait session was a must for me, but so was having our wedding in December. DFAP has some many days blacked out for December so it was really difficult to schedule a portrait session anyways. I wanted to do it within the week of our wedding, but it was completely blacked out and the only December dates that were really available were either while we were going to be on our honeymoon or with routes I didn't want. While it would have been nice to have the portrait session done closer to the wedding so that it still felt like an event that was part of our wedding and we would get the pictures back around the same time that we get our wedding pictures back, I'm just glad that I get to do one at all. We're doing our MK portrait session during the last weekend in February. We decided to skip January because we knew the chances of the crane being up then were pretty great and the beginning of February is usually really cold in Florida (in the mornings at least). We didn't want to wait too long though, so we chose the end of February since we were guaranteed that all the Christmas decorations would be done by then and it would start getting lighter outside earlier (we wanted more photos during the daytime than nighttime). We also added an Epcot photo session on for the same day because it was only $300 more. Still finalizing which countries we want to do, but it will most likely be Canada, UK, and Morocco.

Booked another room at the Boardwalk. While we didn't need an extra room at the Boardwalk because our 1-bedroom was so huge, it would have been nice for George to have his own, separate room for him and his groomsmen to get ready in so that our photographers could have gotten some getting ready photos of them. Instead, George just got ready in the other bedroom and then left the hotel room super early (while I was getting my hair and makeup done) and met up with his brothers at the Grand Floridian. Since they were already gone, our photographers didn't have any getting ready photos of George or portraits with his groomsmen until after the ceremony.

Brought some boxes for leftovers. I'm not sure if Disney would have even allowed this, but since our room was soo close to the Attic, it would have been really awesome if we had thought to make some plates of food for George and I to eat on the wedding night. Our food was sooooooooo GOOD and I would have loved some more of it that evening once I was out of the dress!

Booked a more relaxing honeymoon. I have no regrets going to Hawaii...it was an amazing experience. But in my head, Hawaii was going to be a relaxing, beach-type vacation and we ended up doing so many different things and were constantly running around! I ended up getting sick the day before we left for our honeymoon and had a cold the entire time so I was just tired and run-down a lot of the honeymoon, unfortunately. I did tough it out though and we still did pretty much everything that we had planned to do in Hawaii, but to be honest, my favorite day of the honeymoon was the day we just stayed at Aulani and hung out in the pools and hot tubs all day. So fun and relaxing, which is what I really needed after all the stress of planning the wedding. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have chosen a cruise so that we didn't have to deal with travel, renting a car, etc. Even so, I'm still super excited to check Hawaii off of my bucket list!

Whew, that was way longer than I thought. Congrats to those who actually read through this whole thing. So yes, happy to see that my list of "Glad I Did's" was much longer than the "Wish I'd Dones." And with that, I really need to get back to work! I will try to post my vendor reviews and sneak peek photos tomorrow!

Vendor Reviews

Between having a small wedding with no videography, no DJ, and not a ton of added decor, my vendor list is pretty small, and everyone was awesome so these reviews are super easy to write! While we haven't received our final product from our photographer's yet, based on the sneak peeks we received, I'm confident that my rating will stay the same.

Kristie Pederson, DFTW Wedding Planner- A+
Kristie is the queen of DFTW! She was seriously amazing. While I'm not sure if I made the very personal connection with her that some of the other ladies who have had her, she absolutely excelled with our wedding in so many ways. She was always super quick and thorough at answering our questions, she was able to get permission for us to have the 501st at our wedding even after everyone else had said no, and she was able to get us a great room upgrade at no extra charge so that we wouldn't have to switch rooms the morning of the wedding (long and super stressful story). Not only that, but she was just super nice, friendly, and just provided us and our guests with such great service. I'm so happy that Kristie was our planner <3

Sarah Malfara, Disney Floral- A
I only met Sarah one time at our planning session, and had pretty limited email conversations with her since we didn't change much with our floral after we got our initial BEO, but with the few communications I did have with her, she was excellent. She was super friendly, seemed incredibly knowledgeable about her job, and was quick to answer any questions we had and came up with good solutions to keeping our floral costs down. We didn't have too many floral elements included in our day since I used Etsy for my personal floral, but both our ceremony and reception decor that we did do through Disney Floral was amazing! I had a pretty clear vision about the look I wanted for our day but had a hard time finding good inspiration pictures online, but when I explained what I wanted, she got it and our vision was executed totally on point. Also, Mickey balloons make everything better!

Cricket's Photography, Photography- A+
We haven't received all of our photos back from Cricket yet, but based on the sneak peek photos she's sent us, I'm completely blown away! I knew as soon as they started taking pictures of us on the wedding day that our pictures were going to be insane, but when we actually saw some samples, they totally exceeded our already high expectations. Cricket and her husband Sean were so nice and fun to work with too...I feel like we became fast friends. The only small gripe that I have with their services is that once we initially booked them, their email communication kinda sucked. They did always answer our questions, but it sometimes took several weeks to get a response. However, I know that they do A TON of weddings so they are always busy, which makes it a little more understandable. Despite their email communication, Cricket is so knowledgeable of Disney weddings, since she used to work for DFAP, and I can't recommend her enough!

Anna Todd, Hair & Makeup- A+
Anna has been a good friend of mine for over 10 years and she offered to do my hair and makeup for me pretty much right after I got engaged. She's a super talented hair stylist (and is already my hair stylist) so having her do my hair and makeup for the wedding day was a no-brainer. Going into our trial, I was a little nervous and hesitant because I'd never seen myself with long hair before and while she is trained in it, she does't do makeup professionally, but seeing her final product floored me. For the wedding day, she did the same look that we did at my trial but she also surprised me by adding a little teal extension for my "something blue." It was such a cute touch that I really loved. She totally went above and beyond and I'm so glad she was able to be a part of my day.

Green Cycle Designs, Personal Floral- A
Green Cycle Designs on Etsy created my super amazing park map bouquets for me and my bridesmaids and they had to have been one of the most complimented aspects of the whole wedding day. I knew I didn't want a real floral bouquet because I wanted something I could keep forever and my park map bouquet totally does the trick. I'm sure the making the bouquets are a huge labour of love and patience, which is why I hired someone else to make them for me. Tara, the owner of Green Cycle Designs, was great at communicating with me and her prices were so reasonable. The bouquets did only come about 2 weeks before the wedding, which left me a little anxious, but she assured me when I ordered them that I would get them in time and I did. The finished products were perfect and one of my favorite wedding day accessories.

501st Legion, Characters- A+
If you're a Star Wars fan, having the 501st at your wedding is a complete must! For those not familiar with the 501st, they are a charitable organization that will attend events for a monetary donation to your charity of choice. For our wedding, we had Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and 2 Stormtroopers attend. They were all personal friends of ours, so the interaction was amazing, but even if they would have been total strangers, they totally stay in character and make for such a fun, unique part of your event. Hooray Star Wars!

Will post more sneak preview pics soon!

Oh WOW Lauren, your dress is gorgeous on you! I saw the other photos from the fittings but in the actual setting it was even better. I really like the bridesmaids dresses too. The 501st is amazing, you guys are sooo lucky!

Yay! While I am sad the wedding planning is over I am so happy to see it went off without a hitch and your day/honeymoon was so magical!

We only have two normal sized rooms at PORS and I am already regretting it. I know we will need more space.

Cricket's photos are gorgeous. You look great! I love your bouquet. I didn't know about the 501st but that is a great cause and I will definitely be looking into them for our wedding. Love reading all the reviews :)

Oh WOW Lauren, your dress is gorgeous on you! I saw the other photos from the fittings but in the actual setting it was even better. I really like the bridesmaids dresses too. The 501st is amazing, you guys are sooo lucky!

Thank you so much! I never really had any dreams of what kind of wedding dress I'd want but this one truly was perfect for me and I'm so happy I chose it! I LOVE the bridemaids dresses. So much so, that I actually have the same one in black and I wear it all the time. I wish I had bought a grey one too. The 501st were such a huge highlight of our day! We are so lucky to be involved with their amazing work <3

Yay! While I am sad the wedding planning is over I am so happy to see it went off without a hitch and your day/honeymoon was so magical!

We only have two normal sized rooms at PORS and I am already regretting it. I know we will need more space.

Cricket's photos are gorgeous. You look great! I love your bouquet. I didn't know about the 501st but that is a great cause and I will definitely be looking into them for our wedding. Love reading all the reviews :)

The fact that you have 2 rooms is great! I think you'll be just fine. It'll be a little tight, but at least your DF has his own room close by.

Thank you so much! Cricket is such an amazingly talented photographer. The 501st are amazing and very affordable (you just donate whatever amount you want to the charity of your choice)! If you are able to have them at your wedding I obviously highly recommend them. And hey, then maybe my hubby will show up to your wedding as a stormtrooper! lol. He loves doing weddings.

Sneak Peek from Cricket's Photography

Just 4 days after our wedding, while we were in line for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland, we got the best surprise ever...a preview of our wedding photos from Cricket's Photography! And not just a few of their favorite photos to tide us over for the 4-6 weeks it'll take to get all of our photos, but a whopping 40 photo preview! We were so stoked! We were already having an awesome day at Disneyland, but this made the day even more perfect! And as I've mentioned in the vendor review, we were seriously blown away by the photos that we've seen so far, so without further ado, here are some of my favorites.

Starting with the bridal portraits:

31545279242_4358a1370f_z.jpg

31654708646_f8d64c9bd5_z.jpg

31576095861_c8c8006551_z.jpg

Love my momma <3

31576095101_68dbc23fd7_z.jpg

31319110910_f14816a0d5_z.jpg

Biggest wedding splurge...Kate Spade Minnie collection clutch. Worth every penny. And also a kinda close up of my wedding sash, which I'm obsessed with. I ordered it from an Etsy shop out of Montreal, which is where I was born and raised, so I had a piece of my hometown with me on my wedding day <3

31691537835_6dd485b415_z.jpg

Bridal style <3

31691536945_1d1e3f7ca3_z.jpg

The ever popular park map bouquet

31576095531_440f7c3142_z.jpg

My favorite gal pals <3

31576096511_31d26a85ba_z.jpg

George with his dad (Best Man) and brothers (groomsmen)

31576095291_5808127e82_z.jpg

My handsome husband <3

31654709086_67553b048f_z.jpg

Dapper style + stormtrooper cufflinks

These next few pictures took place right after our First Look, before the ceremony:

31576097121_c9bda02ff5_z.jpg

Love Picture Point, but still don't get why they keep those high trees in front of the castle :(

31576095431_d93c535c87_z.jpg

31319110670_5eb71d8cd1_z.jpg

Waited 5 minutes for it, but had to get a monorail shot <3

31691535825_d602ac735b_z.jpg

While George was cleaning the bird poop off his shirt :rotfl2:

31654708176_16576ceacc_z.jpg

31691537335_ac079205d2_z.jpg

31576095911_6b1f12a683_z.jpg

Marry the man who makes you laugh <3

And here are our post-ceremony pictures, including all the Mickey balloons:

31545278942_70eb584866_z.jpg

31654708706_af153e9578_z.jpg

31654707856_ae4fa56113_z.jpg

31576095341_d1a6b4a1d1_z.jpg

31654709076_db72ba3b40_z.jpg

31576096631_9b7204724f_z.jpg

We don't really have any reception photos yet, but here are a few of the reception details:

31654707716_3ddb759b5d_z.jpg

CAAAAAAKE!!!

31576097481_c16e82d615_z.jpg

The bling

After the ceremony, we had one more hour of photography to take portraits on the Boardwalk:

31545280062_5768978a1a_z.jpg

FAAAAAAAAAAAVORITE! I've seriously been obsessed with this striped wall for years.

31545279552_5b1a40f41d_z.jpg

30849896374_7bc585d673_z.jpg

31576096401_146b8beb25_z.jpg

31691537445_a3fe652a5a_z.jpg

Amazing, artsy photos inside Abracadabar

31319111200_775f4ba91e_z.jpg

30881386513_7eb2bb9c8e_z.jpg

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

31691535945_30378f9832_z.jpg

And that's all for now! I'm going to take a break here for the next couple of weeks to enjoy my holiday break from work and by then, I should have all the pictures back and can start my trip report! Until then, happy holidays, friends!

Yayyyyyy you've started your TR! That'll be one thing that helps me remember to come back to the DIS lol. Yes, Kristie is the Queen of DFTW and I honestly have to say, I think I like Cricket's photos more now that she's left DFAP - yours are just stunning!! I love so much about all your details and I can't wait to hear everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter