laundry tabs anywhere?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I posted this on the CB, but thought I'd try here too. I can't find them anywhere. Any ideas?

I used to buy them all the time as my DH traveled allot for work and I would give him a box of TABS (TIDE) so he could do his laundry and the tabs takes the guess work out of measuring detergent.

My oldest DS was in college at the same time and I gave him TABS as well!!!

I have NOT seen them in sometime...I wonder what happened to them!!! :rolleyes:

I looked for them at Target, Walmart, Dollar General etc....... then I read somewhere (maybe this board?) that they do not make them anymore.

They were plugging up sewer pipes because they didn't always completely dissolve, so I suspect they don't make them anymore.

Darn, they made things so easy.

I still have some old ones in my travel pack.....problem is I can't remember if you use one or two!?!?! :rotfl2:

I still have some in the box. It says use one for normal loads and two for heavily soiled loads. I'm saving mine for our August trip.

It's weird, in the UK a good market share is for tablets and even capsules! Prepackaged, just chuck them in the soap dispenser & away you go. The only nagging thing I have in my mind is that I'm not sure they work so good if you have a top loading machine & just chuck the detergent in with the clothes, although we have stuff here that does go in with the clothes that are tablets that go in a little bag first - I'm guessing to disperse the detergent better. Anyway, I'm rambling now, but it makes a pleasant change to have something you guys find it difficult to get hold of!!!

Yes, unfortunately they discontinued them in the U.S......I would always bring them whenever we travelled...now I just pre-measure the amount in a zip-lock bag or buy some individual use boxes at the laundromat before we go.

Another option is to purchase small boxes from here....

http://www.minimus.biz/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=laundry

This site is great for all sorts of travel sized stuff.

Wouldn't it be cool if they would just reissue them in a larger bag with the instruction to smash em up first. Mine were usually pretty smashed by the time they spent being lugged around in the suitcase, anyway. I always used to leave a couple in the stored suitcases as mouse deterrent. Our closet in the basement where we store the luggage was always the way the dirty little things got in the house in winter (sorry, Minnie and Mickey, love some mice but I hate it when they poop in my suitcase).

Carla

A while ago somebody was selling a HUGE thing of them on ebay. I didn't need that many, but if I knew DIS people then I would have offered to share.

Does anybody have connections overseas? My dh used to travel to Belgium, but he said they only had small stores in the tiny town he had to stay in.

I couldn't find the tablets, but I found tiny little travel size bottles of Tide at Target. They have enough for 4 loads. They are about the size of a can of Coke. :thumbsup2

They were discontinued here in the States because they were not selling well. I did some research on this a few months ago found an official P & G (maker of Tide) release that stated this. I understand (as someone above confirmed) that they are quite popular overseas.

I was able to find the individual boxes of Tide (good for one load) at the local supermarket (Safeway) in the trial size section.

mmouse37 said:
I just pre-measure the amount in a zip-lock bag or buy some individual use boxes at the laundromat before we go.

I do the same thing, and do the same with fabric softener sheets. I use the snack size ziplocks, and premeasure each load. I put the softener sheets in 1 ziplock. Then I put it all in a big ziplock with the quarters for the machines, and it's easy to keep track off--all I do is grab the dirty laundry, the bag, and go.

I too was looking for those tablets my DH found something similair only they are a liquid in a little packet, much like the new dishwashing packets. I have not yet tried them, but I do have them...saving them for vacations. COT'NWASH INC. P.O. Box 91 Ardmore, PA 19003. I'm to new to post the web site, but I'm sure you can find it under their name. They were running a special of buy 2 get one free, in lots of 20.

Too bad shipping is $10.50. I'll have to think about it for a while.

bairdbeth said:
I couldn't find the tablets, but I found tiny little travel size bottles of Tide at Target. They have enough for 4 loads. They are about the size of a can of Coke. :thumbsup2

I have one of these too and I love it for travel. I refill it and travel with it again and again. I think I did get mine if the travel size item aisle at Target.

Otherwise, put individual scoops of powder in ziplocs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter