laundry on magic

missminniemouse

DIS Veteran
We will be doing a 7 night western caribbean cruise on the Magic in January. I'm curious as to what decks the laundry facilities are on. I can't seem to find it listed on any of the maps of the ship.

Also, has anybody used the laundry service they offer with pick up and delivery back to your stateroom? How expensive is it?

Thanks for any help you can offer! ::MinnieMo

missminniemouse said:
We will be doing a 7 night western caribbean cruise on the Magic in January. I'm curious as to what decks the laundry facilities are on. I can't seem to find it listed on any of the maps of the ship.

Also, has anybody used the laundry service they offer with pick up and delivery back to your stateroom? How expensive is it?

Thanks for any help you can offer! ::MinnieMo

We used the laundry facilities on deck 7 forward. Just a word of warning - the dryer takes a long time and during the day the laundry room was very crowded.

Yes, we also used the laundry service with pick up and delivery in the room for a couple of pair of shorts. I wished I had sent all our laundry off to be cleaned. I must have spent 3 hours on my vacation tending laundry. The rates were reasonable.

Thanks for the info...I'm hoping there is a laundry lower in the ship. We're on Deck 1. Maybe I'll just send it out if the rates are reasonable. ::MinnieMo

I think they are on Decks 2,6 and 7. We used 7.

I'm pretty sure there's one on Deck 6. If you are a morning person (early) you can beat the crowd. Have fun! :wave2:

The laundry rooms are on 2, 6, and 7. We used on the one on 6 on our last cruise. Yes they can get very busy. Early morning is a great time. I left my DH sleeping and went to do laundry one morning. Put the wash in the washer and then walked deck 4 for a mile. Went back and only had to wait a few minutes before I put them in the dryer. Did that and then went up on deck 9 to watch sunrise and write up some cards. The nice thing is that both washers and dryers show how much time you have left so you can easily go off and do something else.

WDWLVR said:
The laundry rooms are on 2, 6, and 7. We used on the one on 6 on our last cruise. Yes they can get very busy. Early morning is a great time. I left my DH sleeping and went to do laundry one morning. Put the wash in the washer and then walked deck 4 for a mile. Went back and only had to wait a few minutes before I put them in the dryer. Did that and then went up on deck 9 to watch sunrise and write up some cards. The nice thing is that both washers and dryers show how much time you have left so you can easily go off and do something else.

What a great idea! I'm not really an early morning person, but can be if I have to. I'd rather get up early than deal with the crowds. Writing some cards and watching the sunrise sounds really nice and peaceful. ::MinnieMo

There is a room deck 2 starboard and deck 6 and 7 port. On the repo cruise the laundry room seemed to be busy all the time. I have found that if you don't care about going to a show in the evening, that is the best time to do laundry. I also started laundry one day when we were eating in Animators (we were on deck 6) and had to run upstairs between appetizers and main dishes to take the laundry out and put it in our room.

Does anyone remember how many of each machine there is? I dread doing laundry on vaca. but with 3 kids for a week I don't think I really have a choice. (sending out is too $$ for us.)

On Deck 6 there were five of each machine, plus one more dryer I believe. I've heard sending it out is not that expensive, may be something to look into.

Tracy

what's the cost for a load? washer? dryer? two cycles for dryer right -- do i remember correctly that you can load enough money for two dryer cycles at once and it will run back to back?

ohMom said:
what's the cost for a load? washer? dryer? two cycles for dryer right -- do i remember correctly that you can load enough money for two dryer cycles at once and it will run back to back?

$1 per load. If you don't load the washer too full, you can dry the clothes with one cycle.

I'm sorry, I can't remember the prices but I do remember it was not much different than a laundrymat back home. The same with the price of the soap and dryer sheets in the dispensers. I didn't purchase those things, I brought them with, and I'm glad I did because the machines were empty more often than not.

A few days into the cruise, we were at one of the of the evening shows, and it was really boring to dh and me, so I asked dh if he'd rather stay with the kids for the show or do the laundry. He opted to stayfor the show. I had the laundry facilities to myself except for one person. Near the end of the cruise, no matter when I went (early, afternoon or late at night), it was crowded. At one point there was unclaimed, clean, dry piles of laundry on the folding table, all the machines were filled, and there were 2 people waiting to use a machine when I got there.

MelissaE1 said:
Someone recently posted the dry cleaning and pressing prices, I think they were from an April cruise. Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=10054885&postcount=4

HTH! :)

So unless I'm missing something important, by those numbers I would spend $30 to send out one day's worth of clothing (1 shirt, 1 pair of shorts, and underclothing each) for a family of four? Do that halfway through your 7-night cruise, so say 3 days worth, would cost $90?

Instead of at most 3 loads of laundry in the facilities yourself at $1 for washing per load ($3) and $2 for the dryer (say it takes longer) per load ($6) and another $3 each load for soap. For a grand total of $12. I'll be spending my $78 in savings in the shops. :)

If I'm missing something, please let me know because I would love to not have to do laundry myself on vacation, but the price difference makes me want to do my own and sing "Whistle While You Work" while doing it. :goodvibes

I also suggest (though I may regret it if everyone listens to me), that late at night is also a great time to do laundry if you are a night owl. I've done it on my previous cruise (it was only a 4 night, but we were at WDW before and after) and have done it numerous times at WDW. It seems to be pretty much deserted after 10pm-11pm at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter