Latest Promo?

Camping Griswalds

DIS Veteran
I got an email that if we add on 100 points we can get a free 3 night cruise for 4 of us on the new boat. My questions....what is the price per point for this? Is this better than buying resale? Can we upgrade for a longer cruise?

Is this really the "big deal" that they were going to announce?

the 100 pt add-on gives you a 3 night cruise, but you can not add on another night. the 125 pt add-on gives you a 4 night cruise. i only know this because i just took that plunge, and i also thought you could pay or use pts. to add another night.:confused3 i found out just in time and changed from 100 pts to `125 so we could have 4 nights. :thumbsup2 this will be the first cruise my grandchildren have ever been on.:yay:

you may pay or use pts. to upgrade your stateroom.

I believe you pay the full price, $112/pt, when you take the cruise incentive.

So by adding on 25 more points that makes it a 2800 upgrade if you buy at 112 right? The extra night of the free cruise was worth that? Well I guess so when you think you have 25 more points per year. i wonder if you can add on 100 point contract and a 25 point contract for the same 4 night deal? Then sell the 25 points?

I assumed you would be adding-on at AKV, SSR or VGC, which I believe are at the $112/pt. BLT is at $120/pt.

You should be able to split a 125 pt add-on into 2 contracts, howevere, let's assume you are adding-on at AKV for the sake of an example. Adding on a 25 pt contract at $112/pt just to turn around and hope to sell it for somewhere around $88/pt (based on the resale market) plus potential closing costs is a big loss. If it lingered on the market for a few months you would be paying dues on those 25 pts too. You would be much better off trying to rent those 100-125 pts and use cash to book the cruise.

I understand your point. I need to go see how much a cruise would cost for us as a comparrison. In all actuality I would use the points anyway:) We only have 160 and I've already borrowed from 2011 and know I want to go again in December and in March next year for quick weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter