Late night wandering ok?

Shelby Schroepfer

*Never Grow Up*
So we are taking our first cruise on the Magic in December of 2020 and it's me (29), hubby and my will be 6 year old. Me and her are night owls on vaca, usually closing down every park at WDW until they kick us out. I'm having trouble finding hours for the pools, snack bars (the free ones?) or sweet shops and stuff. Is there a "quiet time" where we need to be in our rooms or a curfew? If we are bored say anytime up until midnight is there something we can do or is everything adults only at that time? thanks!

The kids clubs are usually open till midnight so they have activities in there for kids till that time. The pools close late I think 10 or 11pm and the grill on the pool deck is open late to around midnight I think and room service is 24 hours. Nothing prevents you from sitting in open areas anytime of day/night or wandering around the ship. A lot of things are open late. checking out some Navigators (DCL's daily list of events) of a recent cruise will give you an idea of what is open and when during your cruise.

Hours can be found in the Navigators. The pools usually close earlier than midnight, often by 10:00 or 11:00. At least one of the quick service locations by the pool deck is usually open until midnight. The Oceaneers Club/Lab are open until midnight so your daughter can be there until then. The D Lounge often has karaoke or other games going until 11:30 or midnight. Hours vary day to day so definitely check the Navigator. Below is a link to the Navigators from a December 2018 Magic cruise.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...christmas-cruise-from-miami-december-23-2018/

There is no curfew or time you have to be in your room. You are welcome to roam around late, but don't count on anything being open after midnight except for a couple of the adult lounges and the tween and teen clubs. Room service is available 24 hours though.

My kids and I would often do late night karaoke until around midnight and then my younger daughter and I would watch the older kids play dodgeball til 1am when they were out on the sports deck. The funnel vision movies often play until at least midnight. Or they would just be in the clubs until they closed. There are lots of late night wanderers.

Basically once the kids would go to bed we were prisoners of our own room. I'm a serious coffee addict so I can make a few trips to the dispenser at night but after the ashtrays were outlawed on the verandas I had to go out on deck. I haven't smoked in 10 years so I don't care anymore but I always saw people walking around at night. Next cruise is without kids and that idea of room service and late night and taking the food up to the deck for moonlight later dinner sounds like an awesome idea.

The drink station is also open 24/7. Wandering at night is no problem; they do clean at night, but try to stay out of your way.

So we are taking our first cruise on the Magic in December of 2020 and it's me (29), hubby and my will be 6 year old. Me and her are night owls on vaca, usually closing down every park at WDW until they kick us out. I'm having trouble finding hours for the pools, snack bars (the free ones?) or sweet shops and stuff. Is there a "quiet time" where we need to be in our rooms or a curfew? If we are bored say anytime up until midnight is there something we can do or is everything adults only at that time? thanks!
I’ve run into the most interesting CM’s and places wandering around at night. A lot of doors are not locked aboard ship so are available to the passengers. As a retried medical worker I’ve found the medical crew have the most fun stories.

Usually after midnight is when cleaning and repairs happen so you will observe that. No curfew. Only food after 11 or so is room service.

You'll often find other night owl's prowling the corridors on the ship, or out on deck, favorites of mine are relaxing on Deck 4 (usually less windy) and enjoying the rushing water and peaceful atmosphere, also just relaxing at a table on Deck 9 (Magic/Wonder) with a book or my tablet for a few hours. Be sure to bring some earbuds or headphones if you want to listen to music while you're out and about.

Yes you can. I am a swing and graveyard worker myself, so being up past midnight is normal for me. I also like to explore. Security got to know me pretty well. My only "complaint" is that mostly everything shuts down past 1am. Except for the pressure washers on deck, watch out for the pressure washer. I agree that it is fun catching CM's building stuff in the atriums and watching them rehearse for stuff. I was able to meet and hang out with fellow night owls discussing Disney trivia over coffee....until the pressure washer got to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter