Late night arrival, split stay and luggage tags

glencoe

DIS Veteran
I figure this question will need an expert.... I booked ME over the phone because I am staying 2 nights at ASM( first time) then going BLT DVC for3 nights then still BLT on a comp for 2 nights... but considered separate stays :sad2:
This has led to a big pain in the neck! My ME has to be booked separate....the person who answered my call was lacking in true Disney knowledge so

Leaving June 23... 9:30 pm flight from NYC. Arrive MCO at 12:27am... june 24
Question 1- I am assuming we have to get our own luggage.... right?
I was told no ME luggage tags because of this?

Quest. 2- is ME waiting for us or will we have to wait for bus to be called and drive to airport when we get down to ME area after getting luggage?

Quest 3-when we come home since we will be leaving a normal time- will we get tags then?
TIA!

We also split stays and use DME its really not a problem, its just two one way booking.

Do not use your DME yellow tags on the inbound as the luggage delivery feature of DME stops at 10pm. When you land go to baggage claim and get your bags to bring with you to DME and the driver will store them beneath for you, make sure and collect them at the resort. The DME buses run 24/7 they know your coming so you shouldn't have to wait long for the bus to depart.

Bell service will transfer your bags from resort to resort for you. Just make arrangements when you leave in the morning, head to a park/water park etc. and then after check in your bags will be at bell services in the new resort. This does take all day so we pack a day bag with our necessities.

On the return leg there are no luggage tags, normally you get a voucher for the bus delivered to your room 24 hours prior to departure so you should ask for yours when you check in at BLT. There is a service where you can check your bags to your home airport from BLT but it is separate from DME and called Remote Access Check in. There is a sticky above with all the details so you can see if your flight is eligible.

On the return leg there are no luggage tags, normally you get a voucher for the bus delivered to your room 24 hours prior to departure so you should ask for yours when you check in at BLT. There is a service where you can check your bags to your home airport from BLT but it is separate from DME and called Remote Access Check in. There is a sticky above with all the details so you can see if your flight is eligible.

Your airline most be a participating in remote access to check in at your resort. If not you need to take your luggage on the MDE bus to the airport.

You will be sent tags, but you will not use them. You do need to stop at the carousel and get your bags and take them to the bus. If you have many bags and if this is your first time at MCO, I strongly recommend looking for a porter with a big cart. Not only will s/he get the bags for you and transport them to the bus, s/he is also a guide that you just follow to the DME area. Especially when you're tired, this is fabulous.

Quest. 2- is ME waiting for us or will we have to wait for bus to be called and drive to airport when we get down to ME area after getting luggage?

Bus might be waiting or might not be. But that's the answer for any time of the day. :)

Quest 3-when we come home since we will be leaving a normal time- will we get tags then?

If you qualify for Resort Airline Checkin, you get tags and you can say goodbye to your bags at the resort (please read the sticky thread about this here on the Transportation forum...there ARE rules for this). If you don't qualify, then you check your bags at the airport and they put tags on.

Basically, the luggage handling coming in is a totally different thing than when you're going home.

Leaving June 23... 9:30 pm flight from NYC. Arrive MCO at 12:27am... june 24

1: Correct. Don't put the yellow tags on your luggage. You'll need to stop at baggage claim to get your bags and then bring them with you to the DME area. The bus driver will load them under the bus. A tip of $1-2 per bag

2: DME is a continuous 24/7 service. They won't be waiting for you specifically. However, they do know how many people are arriving at all hours and what resorts they are going to. You may have to wait for a bus to load, or you may not.

3: No tags for the return trip. Bring your bags down to the airline check-in counter at your resort and they will put regular luggage tags on them and take them to the airport.

Your airline most be a participating in remote access to check in at your resort. If not you need to take your luggage on the MDE bus to the airport.
We are flying Jet Blue so all set...

You will be sent tags, but you will not use them. You do need to stop at the carousel and get your bags and take them to the bus. If you have many bags and if this is your first time at MCO, I strongly recommend looking for a porter with a big cart. Not only will s/he get the bags for you and transport them to the bus, s/he is also a guide that you just follow to the DME area. Especially when you're tired, this is fabulous.

I will have 4 boys between 17-24...no porters needed! LOL We have done ME many times before so we know that way by heart!!

Thanks for all the info...helps me settle my planning mind!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter