Late Fall Trip- Advice?

MamaBelleRN

Mouseketeer
We want to book our late fall trip ASAP, but we’re undecided between two different weeks, so I figured I’d come here for advice :goodvibes

We plan to stay 7-10 nights (depending on vacation time). We’re looking to arrive either the week of November 11 or the week of December 2.

Thoughts or advice?

Do the holiday decorations matter to you? The Fall ones will be up at the beginning of Nov and the Christmas ones will be up in Dec...we've been for both holiday seasons and even though Christmas is my favorite holiday I actually prefer the Fall decorations...

Do the holiday decorations matter to you? The Fall ones will be up at the beginning of Nov and the Christmas ones will be up in Dec...we've been for both holiday seasons and even though Christmas is my favorite holiday I actually prefer the Fall decorations...

This is only our second WDW trip and last time we went in October, so looking to do something slightly different (even though I LOVED that time of year). I know we’ll be dealing with the opening of SWGE, but I figure if we can make it a 10 night trip, we should be fine.

This is only our second WDW trip and last time we went in October, so looking to do something slightly different (even though I LOVED that time of year). I know we’ll be dealing with the opening of SWGE, but I figure if we can make it a 10 night trip, we should be fine.

If iSWGE does not matter then I would choose December 2 to begin the trip. I think the crowds will be comparable because folks are booking to SWGE and folks are booking in anticipation of enjoying GE, so I think Late Fall is going to be a madhouse anyway.

I love the Holiday decorations, and I really enjoy the music. If you have a choice in resorts, I woudl choose one off of the "resort hopping" path. As much as I love the Poly and the Grand, the lobby's can get crazy during the holiday season. My favorite holiday respite so far was POFQ. It is a lovely moderate, does not have incentives such a over the top stunning lobby decorations, character meals, or a spa to draw guests to visit, but has a restful beauties vibe throughout.

I also enjoyed CSR during the Holidays. It has stunning understated decorations, it a restful resort, excellent amenities, and does not have any reason for a hoard of visitors to clutter up the walkways.

I normally do not focus on the "getaway" but I honestly believe that if SWGE is open the parks will all reflect that. Between MK closing early 4 days a week, DAK still busy due to FOP and Pandora, the Holiday festival in Epcot, and DHS crowded, all the parks will have their own challenges. THe resort does nto need to participate in the crowding.

If SWGE does not matter much to you, then I would suggest December 2, so you enjoy all of the holiday decorations and festivities. Everything will be happening at Epcot during that time. If you go in November, you would not get to experience any of the storytellers in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter