Late December 2021?

Cheburashka

Momketeer
What are the odds? I originally had planned to swear off sailing until everything was back to normal, but that was before my son developed a serious (though not life-threatening) medical problem and my life became exponentially more stressful and depressing. There is a window of time in late December when he'll be with his father and I can cruise for a few days to get away from it all (he can't really travel at this point and I don't know when he will). I think I'd like to do it, but is it even worth putting the money down and getting worked up over? Do you think a 3-night Bahamian in late December will happen? I just want to be on the ship, be pampered (concierge), go to Castaway Cay, etc.

Saw you updated the thread title. 😉

I think a December 3 night is likely. The short cruises will in theory be the easiest to get sailing and December is 7 months away, so things could change significantly for the better. That said, no one knows. So, until DCL announces they are resuming sailing, nothing is a sure thing.

Even if it does sail, we still don't know what the experience will be like... as PP said Chapek has said they want to sail, so I do think they have a shot at going but I wouldn't set my heart on it. FWIW, we cancelled our November sailing and are headed to Hawaii in October instead (that was before thinks started looking so much brighter - the sailing may well still go).

Even if it does sail, we still don't know what the experience will be like.
I'm not that picky this time as my son won't be going with me. I mainly want R & R and Covid restrictions won't prevent that. As long as I'm on board the ship & get to go to Castaway Cay, I think the experience will be fine. I'm used to wearing masks all day every day at work, and have worn them at WDW in July, so they're not a dealbreaker for me onboard or even on Castaway Cay. I guess a deal-breaker would be if the bike rentals weren't up and running, because that is something I love to do every visit to Castaway Cay. Other than that, I don't think any potential restrictions would be deal-breakers for me. I'm not planning to attend any shows or parties this time and I've already got all the character photos I need.

Personally, I think DCL is up and running by September’21. I know the current CSO is Nov 1 but the vaccination efforts are well ahead of schedule - for the most part - and with the CDC giving fully vaccinated people the go ahead to travel, the pressure to allow cruise lines to sail will just continue to mount. At the end of the day, money talks....and I’ll be shocked if the majority of the country is “free to travel” and cruises are still grounded. The CDC’s authority is tied to the risk of the given illness...as that risk decreases, politicians will be looking to curb the CDCs power.

Even if it does sail, we still don't know what the experience will be like... as PP said Chapek has said they want to sail, so I do think they have a shot at going but I wouldn't set my heart on it. FWIW, we cancelled our November sailing and are headed to Hawaii in October instead (that was before thinks started looking so much brighter - the sailing may well still go).

Aloha. Have have great vacation.

We were in the camp of assuming there was no way cruising would resume in 2021, but the vaccine pace is really picking up. So much so we just today booked a short October cruise. Maybe it’ll sail, maybe not, but we prefer to roll the dice and have something to look forward to. And if it doesn’t we’ll get our 125% credit as a bonus to book some splurges on a 2022 cruise.

Beyond vaccinations, the boosters will also be in play by December - which might complicate travels or result in new requirements. That said, like the summer cruises, the holidays cruises are the big money makers, and the cruise lines will try hard to make them happen.

We have had a 4-week Aussie/NZ trip planned for December 2021 with two cruises in the mix. I will be biting my nails come September!

For your purposes, I’d go for it. If Disney cancels, you get your otherwise nonrefundable Concierge deposit back, right? That doesn’t happen everyday.

And 3 night in Concierge? What planning is needed? Book a flight, a hotel, pull out your wishlist for spa, dining. Throw bathing suit, book, dress and shorts in the suitcase and leave your worries behind for 72 hours of Disney pampering.

You deserve a break today....Whoops, wrong Fortune 500 company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter