Late check-out

DisneyMominMTL

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any info on requesting late check-out?
Fees?
We'll be at AKL if that matters. Our flight home has been changed (twice now!!) for later at night (8:20pm).

TIA!

Hi! I did late checkout without a problem last year, but I think the latest you can stay is 1:00 pm. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong around the time. I was told to advise when I checked in, and to inform mousekeeping. When I left around 12:30 I called mousekeeping as a courtesy to let them know. There was not a fee.

Does anyone have any info on requesting late check-out?
Fees?
We'll be at AKL if that matters. Our flight home has been changed (twice now!!) for later at night (8:20pm).

TIA!

if the airlines changes your flight you can make changes without any fees. You can call and ask for an earlier flight.

if the airlines changes your flight you can make changes without any fees. You can call and ask for an earlier flight.

I am considering this, as there is a flight out at noon. I was looking forward to having a half day of resort time though, so I'm really torn!

I'm mostly worried about DS2, trying not to change his habits much. But I'm pretty sure he'd recover quickly from a late night flight.

I just gotta figure it out soon if I wanna make changes!

Good info to know, I'm new to the boards but after looking into flights for a trip I'm planning, I think we'll be in the same boat, not leaving til later in the afternoon or early evening.

If your flight is that late, I don't think you will be able to get a check out that late.

We typically have late flights home and will get up in the morning, pack up, drop off our bags with bell services (carry ons) and the luggage check in service (checked bags) and head off to a park for some last minute fun.

You said AKL - if it's regular AKL you can request a noon or 1pm late check-out - if there's availability. If it's AKL/DVC villas, they do not allow late check out at any time.

We've found that it's 50/50 on the late check-out requests - we've gotten them half of the time, sometimes they say til noon, sometimes til 1. If the hotel is full (which these days they often are) then you're probably out of luck.

We usually just store our things will bell services & head to the park or the pool for the afternoon.

You can request a late checkout as early as the day you check in. Some resorts tell you to wait until later into your stay. We always stay club level & have requested a late checkout. Never been a problem so far. We did on check in day. Good luck ! :)

If the resort isn't real busy and your room isn't needed right away, late check out usually isn't a problem. We've had late check out at the WL in the past and just returned from a quick trip at the GF and got late check out with no problem. It is free until 1:00 then there is a charge of half a night's room rate until 3:00 and then 1 night's room rate after 3:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter