'Last of Us' on HBO.... Who is watching?

Suger Mag

MamaBear
Really enjoying this series so far... I have never played the game so I have no expectations. So far I have enjoyed the attention to the scientific aspect... and I was blown away by episode 3, Kudos.
Who is watching? How you liking it? Does your gaming history affect your enjoyment of the show?

I vaguely remember watching someone playing the game before so I was somewhat familiar with it. My husband has been watching it and I've caught bits and pieces of it and have enjoyed what I've seen so far. The most recent episode was fantastic.

Have no clue there is a game. My son told me to watch. I saw the first episode.

The news lately has me intrigued with this whole fungus thing. I may watch Episode 1 again before going any further.

I played the game back in 2013 and is one of my favorite video games, so I was pretty excited for the show. I really didn't want a shot for shot remake, which parts of episodes 1 and 2 were. Like, there were entire shots that were EXACTLY the same. Episode 3 was phenomenal - it was the right decision for both the story and characters to deviate the way in which it did.

Can it be next sunday already? I want to see more!!

I played the game back in 2013 and is one of my favorite video games, so I was pretty excited for the show. I really didn't want a shot for shot remake, which parts of episodes 1 and 2 were. Like, there were entire shots that were EXACTLY the same. Episode 3 was phenomenal - it was the right decision for both the story and characters to deviate the way in which it did.

Can it be next sunday already? I want to see more!!
it is so hard to wait!! I love when I can watch a couple episodes at a time.

Really enjoying this series so far... I have never played the game so I have no expectations. So far I have enjoyed the attention to the scientific aspect... and I was blown away by episode 3, Kudos.
Who is watching? How you liking it? Does your gaming history affect your enjoyment of the show?
The show is amazing. I have never played the game, so that has no affect for me.

I loved Episode 3 and I'm so bummed we won't see that couple again. Hopefully we will see them in flashbacks. In every episode an awesome character has died! I'm an emotional wreck but I'm buckled in for the rest of the season.

it is so hard to wait!! I love when I can watch a couple episodes at a time.
The wait is hard but I prefer it to the entire season being dumped out at once. I feel like when there's a weekly release, there's more hype for each episode. Plus I need something good to watch after watching my trash TV, 90 Day Fiancé every Sunday LOL

I've never played or heard of the video game, but the show grabbed me from the first episode, it's easily one of the best shows I've seen in quite a while.

Never heard of the game. DH wanted to watch so I watched with him and really liked it. It has Walking Dead vibes to me. The latest episode was fantastic. I was riveted. Loved seeing Ron Swanson 😂

Played both the games when they came out. As a hard core gamer, and parent of gamer's, They are both in my top 10 games of all time. So far, the series is definitely doing them justice. They are following the story very well and expanding upon it in many great ways.

Truly enjoying it so far.

Last edited:
Loving this show. I didn't know it was a game until my gamer brother informed me.

Was the point of the game to get the girl from the QZ to the facility?
Wikipedia has a plot summary for both games, I don't want to get into spoilers in here (I haven't played the game, just read the Wiki page).

My sister and I have been watching on Fridays, so we're only through episode 2. Really enjoying it, though!

Was the point of the game to get the girl from the QZ to the facility?
Putting this in a spoiler tag just in case.

Yes, Joel is trying to get Ellie to a Firefly facility outside of the quarantine zone. Joel wants to first find his brother Tommy, who lives in Wyoming and is a former Firefly. He thinks that Tommy will be able to help them find where the Fireflies are located.

Me! I played both games and loved them.
I got my family hooked and we watched the first two episodes yesterday (I had already seen them).

I watched playthroughs of the first game and the DLC. I later got the game, never played it. The games had a great balance of suspense and drama, I can see why it's become so popular.

I'm eager to see the show sometime. I love the idea of basing a horror/apocalypse story with a real-life basis found in the cordyceps fungus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!