Last Night Ideas?

JCMCM

Mouseketeer
My family is heading to Aulani in June 2020 - our first time there or anywhere in Hawaii :banana: - and I was planning to book the luau for our last night, June 26. Unfortunately, the online calendar shows that particular date is not available. We'll do the luau another night, but I'm struggling to come up with an different idea for our last night on the island. I always like to close out our trips with something like a nice dinner or experience of some kind and the luau was going to be perfect but . . .

Any suggestions? We'll have a car so we can easily go out and about. THANK YOU!

A dinner at Ama Ama, get a reservation for sunset and request a table in front of open windows so you can enjoy it. There is also Roys, which is a nice restaurant off property.

This sounds boring, but we spent our last night just on the beach. I live in the middle of the Country, as far away form beautiful beaches as you can get. That is where I found my peace.

We spent our last day/night very casual and taking everything in one last time. We swam, floated in the lazy river, did two character meet and greets, played Ping Pong and Connect Four on the lawn. Our family ended the night swimming in the infinity pool, ate our last Dole Whips and listened to one more Uncle story.

Will you be going to Waikiki or the North Shore at any other points in your trip? An evening and dinner in either of those areas would be nice to us, if you wanted to do something offsite.

If your heart was set on a last night luau, paradise cove is a short walk. We haven't done it but it looks like it runs nightly.

Thanks to all for the excellent suggestions!

A dinner at Ama Ama, get a reservation for sunset and request a table in front of open windows so you can enjoy it.

I’m 90% sure this is where we’ll end up. A sunset dinner sounds lovely.

I live in the middle of the Country, as far away form beautiful beaches as you can get. That is where I found my peace.

I totally get this. We’re fortunate to spend about half our time on the Carolina coast and Inalways feel so relaxed by the ocean. I cannot wait to see the beautiful beaches in Hawaii!

An evening and dinner in either of those areas would be nice to us, if you wanted to do something offsite.

We will be heading to both Waikiki and the North Shore other times - not that that rules out a last night event. Any particular favorite dinner recommendations you’d like to share?

If your heart was set on a last night luau, paradise cove is a short walk.
Is it crazy that I’d feel like we’re “cheating on” Disney doing this? :rotfl:

Any particular favorite dinner recommendations you’d like to share?

In Waikiki, House without a Key at Halekulani is often recommended. Beautiful beach setting and live music. In Haleiwa, Haleiwa Beach House is a nicer atmosphere with open air dining. I'd finish the night with shave ice from Matsumoto!

We booked Ama Ama for my birthday there. We ended up booking it again for our last night as it was so beautiful!

In Waikiki, House without a Key at Halekulani is often recommended. Beautiful beach setting and live music. In Haleiwa, Haleiwa Beach House is a nicer atmosphere with open air dining.
Thanks! I put them both on my list!

We booked Ama Ama for my birthday there. We ended up booking it again for our last night as it was so beautiful!
Aww...love to hear that it was so positive! That’s a good recommendation!

We personally did not want to leave Aulani our last night—we wanted to soak up ever last bit. (Although we did Paradise Cove another night and had a blast. We had no guilt either, since when we booked, Starlight Hui still existed but was taken away before our arrival....grr). We did what another poster said—one more float in the river, last trip to the gift shops, some gorgeous family pics on the beach at sunset, casual dinner at Off the Hook, one more stroll around the grounds after dark, etc. Of course, our 5 nights at Aulani were the end of 14 total days in Hawaii, so we had plenty of other opportunities for offsite stuff. (Oh yeah, and I might’ve cried a little that I had to leave.....)

I actually started sobbing as the plane home took off! I pretended to be intently staring out of the window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter